The Manchester United Thread

Honestly don't think he's arsed over the money mate. He just wants done with Utd. Now he's gone this far into ruining his rep, he's not arsed in dragging things out beyond January.

Even if they have grounds to terminate without paying him up, this has been a VERY harsh and costly lesson for the way they run their business.

Nobody comes out winning or looking anything like competent or good through this whole, sorry affair.

It just needs ending and learning from.
If he truly isn’t arsed over the money then he’d agree to a mutual termination. That would be a fairly amicable ending all things considered.

I wouldn’t want this to drag out more than it has but at the same time, I’d avoid paying him off as it sets a dangerous precedent any player that’s disgruntled could pull this off and get a payday

If he truly isn’t arsed over the money then he’d agree to a mutual termination. That would be a fairly amicable ending all things considered.

I wouldn’t want this to drag out more than it has but at the same time, I’d avoid paying him off as it sets a dangerous precedent any player that’s disgruntled could pull this off and get a payday

'Mutual' is a two-way street mate ..... You could have done that in the summer and saved yourself the inevitable aggro thats culminated in the present embarrassment. And in so doing letting one of your greatest ever players leave with his ego intact and somewhat come out of it unscathed as a club. But instead they hung on to the bollocks 'find your own club' line. All safe in the knowledge that no club was going to take on his salary and fee, knowing he brings in the one thing the owners (who he's rightly pulled apart with his damning but sorely needed dissection of the shitshow he came back to at Utd. It's just the personal, petty, self-centred attacks on teammates and coaches, down to his own failings at this stage of his career, that make him what he is. A narcissistic shithouse) crave and why they ridiculously paid a 35-year-old all they did to start with. Again. For the return they make off him commercially.

They may well now end up with no option to do that and cut ties after this mad, self-destructing road he's gone down. But unless I've missed something mate (which is entirely possible as i'm just viewing this from afar for the comedic value Utd have brought upon themselves. As inherently in the wrong as the egotistical ***** is right now), mutual termination isn't currently on the table.

You've backed yourselves into a corner by trying to usurp City on a player you should never have touched in a million years given how toxic the club was to start with before you introduced his ego into the mix and gave him carte blanche to rule the roost. And letting it roll into another season, by suddenly taking that away from the overgrown child, has just exasperated that and here you now are.

Not sure how this ends but it needs to end quickly for everyone's sake before things resume after the disgrace in the desert.

'Mutual' is a two-way street mate ..... You could have done that in the summer and saved yourself the inevitable aggro thats culminated in the present embarrassment. And in so doing letting one of your greatest ever players leave with his ego intact and somewhat come out of it unscathed as a club. But instead they hung on to the bollocks 'find your own club' line. All safe in the knowledge that no club was going to take on his salary and fee….
That’s the beauty of hindsight init? Mate, if you recall, Erik Ten Hag repeatedly said he wanted to work with Ronaldo. I wanted him out by all means this past summer however, I didn’t trust our recruitment to get a replacement within short notice (considering how it takes us ages to sign players). You and I even had this conversation where I was wary of having an unhappy Ronaldo in the dressing room.

The club were understandably passive towards selling him out of support for Ten Hag: it’s not that we actively prevented him from leaving…no one wanted to take a punt.

No one could’ve imagined this interview tbh. I expected some display of petulance from him (like the events at home go spurs) but not an interview. No issues with him ******** on the glazers as I said in the last thread (quite frankly, if that’s all he said, I’d be cheering him on) but it’s the petty grievances aired as well as the disingenuous attempt to appeal to united fans that leaves a poor taste in my mouth (piers Morgan helped).

While I agree a mutual termination is all but off the table, it would look bad for Ronaldo’s PR if he ends up dragging this along just to get a payout.

The Athletic | Football

@TheAthleticFC

·

Official
39': Arsenal 0-1 Man United

46': Arsenal 1-1 Man United

73': Arsenal 2-1 Man United

85': Arsenal 2-2 Man United

90+1': Arsenal 2-3 Man United

Alessia Russo's late, late winner earns #MUFC victory An absolute classic at the Emirates taking them back to the top of the league @SkySportsWSL

Seen the result there after work.
Cheers to our neighbours (y) :)

IMG_20221121_181640.jpg

Told yer mate. Calculating ____house has got EXACTLY what he wanted.

But its hard to feel any sympathy for Utd (the club) when they continue to conduct their business like this on ****** like that.