The Manchester United Thread

Lot of journo's to laugh at there mate who have all been saying the same thing for the past 7 months. Virtually every one of them reputable or not.

Or you could buy the club spin now that he never aligned with the scouting department. Or whatever today's line is. That's what they generally expect you to do.

But one would think the bigger issue for Utd fans isn't Gakpo or where's he's going. It's yet another manager, this time a decent one, being severly let down by those running the transfer strategy. (Trying to say 'strategy' with a straight face.).

The names change but the status quo and MO stay exactly the same.
“Strategy” lol.

I’m not overly fussed as
1. I had no real expectations going into this season. If we somehow make top 4, that’s a bonus all things considered.
2. The glazers are selling. As I said before, we’re likely not getting Ten Hag any reinforcements this January but that’s fine. It’s like we’re almost at the end of what has been a nightmarish decade so I’m just glad at this point we’d be finally rid of those leeches. So much for these “changes” nonsense.

“Strategy” lol.

I’m not overly fussed as
1. I had no real expectations going into this season. If we somehow make top 4, that’s a bonus all things considered.
2. The glazers are selling. As I said before, we’re likely not getting Ten Hag any reinforcements this January but that’s fine. It’s like we’re almost at the end of what has been a nightmarish decade so I’m just glad at this point we’d be finally rid of those leeches. So much for these “changes” nonsense.

Not at that price they aren’t mate. Nobody’s playing £4 plus billion for any football club. And certainly not in this climate. And not least with everything on top of that, that needs doing at Utd.

But regardless, thats the thing right now isn’t it? You didn’t expect top 4. You won’t get top 4 over 38 games in all likelihood with the squad as it is bar absolutely everything falling into place. Which rarely happens in football. All the madder when you finally have a coach that the players have bought into. And with some squad investment, you’d have a fighting chance of top 4. But after the shocking summer window you had, the divvies have massively over paid and spunked all the funds. So here you are.

So its a vicious circle. Miss the CL money, and the sponsorship money that drops from 2 straight years out is it? And funds are down again and you struggle to make up much ground next summer. Whilst everyone around you gets stronger and stronger.

Mad having ETH working handcuffed where you’re entire hopes rest on a change of ownership.

Mad having ETH working handcuffed where you’re entire hopes rest on a change of ownership.
ETH’s success has always hinged on a change of ownership regardless. It’s like you’ve always said, the more things change, the most things have stay the same.

I’d prefer we not spend than borrow more money, plunging us into more debt at this point. New owners, on the other hand, would mean heavy investments in both the playing squad and infrastructure as well as implementing a proper footballing structure with an actual qualified personnel. People may laugh at Boelhy but he is ambitious enough to put people in place to breed success. We need that sort of enthusiasm from the very top.

It's plain obvious and discussed so many times that the only way ten Hag can succeed is if he gets the support from the top. It is also plain obvious that the glazers won't provide that and now when there's no more money for them to leech, they are looking to sell. They've destroyed everything in more or less 10 years. They are nothing but capitalistic parasites and the only way United can stabilize is when they leave.
As I said few times here, bankrupt is better than having the glazers as the owners.

The investment in United will need to be enormous. Glazer money plus debt clearance and decade of neglecting the stadium, which once was state of the art now is a dump. We are talking about 5-8 billion, depending on what source you trust. There are only handful of people who can afford that.

It's plain obvious and discussed so many times that the only way ten Hag can succeed is if he gets the support from the top. It is also plain obvious that the glazers won't provide that and now when there's no more money for them to leech, they are looking to sell. They've destroyed everything in more or less 10 years. They are nothing but capitalistic parasites and the only way United can stabilize is when they leave.
As I said few times here, bankrupt is better than having the glazers as the owners.

The investment in United will need to be enormous. Glazer money plus debt clearance and decade of neglecting the stadium, which once was state of the art now is a dump. We are talking about 5-8 billion, depending on what source you trust. There are only handful of people who can afford that.
There are only 2 groups that could afford that: A consortium of sorts (I.e. Eldridge with Chelsea) or Arabs. I do fear it’s the latter considering nothing has been leaked yet on potential buyers.

One thing is for sure, the glazers wouldn't care if they sell to the Hitler/Bush lovechild as long as they bid the most.

It will be Arab owners.
Nobody else is investing that much in a fixer upper.

It will be Arab owners.
Nobody else is investing that much in a fixer upper.

Nobody’s paying that for ANY football club period. Let alone in this financial climate.

You’re getting next to no return on your investment. You’ll have to hope they get desperate and drop it to a realistic price.

Fair ***** to ten Hag. Good management that demoting Rashford. If a pain for my fantasy side haha.

NOBODY is bigger than the club and players need to know that and where the line is.

I mean he'll get crucified if Utd don't win like, but he doesn't strike me as the type of person who's arsed about what the media or anyone else says. His downfall will ultimately be the Glazers as NO manager is bringing back success under them. Pep and Klopp would do no better than top 4 under the continued shambles above the manager at OT.

Really good management that.

Worst half of football possession wise under ETH but still should be about 3 gls up. The front players have been awful

Huuuuge win! But **** me we waste a shed loads of chances. We really should have 20+ gl difference with the chances we have wasted this season.

Anyone understand why Rashford’s 2nd goal was ruled as a handball? His arms were tucked into his body and on the flip side, no pen is never given against a defender in a similar situation.

Anyone understand why Rashford’s 2nd goal was ruled as a handball? His arms were tucked into his body and on the flip side, no pen is never given against a defender in a similar situation.

Accidental hand ball doesn’t apply any more as an offence to defenders in the area. But attackers can’t gain an advantage from the same thing. (In this case, the advantage being a goal.).

They changed that a few years ago.

Totally unfair in favour of the defending side. One more thing F with the modern game.

2nd time it’s happened to him. The rule change is a joke. It’s happened a lot this season

Can’t overlook the Bournemouth game but it’s pretty exciting that we could go into that City game knowing that we go above them if they drop points away to Chelsea, not to mention the other difficult games they’ve got.

@OfficialOAFC
·
An update on a number of players who have featured for the club during the first part of the season. Charlie Wellens has returned back to Manchester United from his loan spell. #oafc