The Manchester United Thread

We haven’t been great but should have scored at least 3. Looks like our schedule is finally catching up with us tbh.

OptaJoe

@OptaJoe
·
2+ - @manutd have scored 2+ goals in 15 consecutive home matches for the fourth time in their history, and for the first time since March-October 2000. Rampant.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Jimmy McBride
@jimmymcbride1
·
Horrible watching Betis fans throwing seats, plastic bottles, lighters & anything else they could find into the disabled section, then they took their belts off & tried to get at Utd fans only then did the police get heavy with them & forced them back, it’ll be tasty over there

I'm reading a lot of Liverpool fans online commenting that they would be happy to not win a trophy this season because beating Manchester United 7 nil is better than any trophy :unsure:

If it makes you happier to beat a team in another city than it does to win a trophy? You are not a fan of your club, you are just a person with a childish, irrational grudge against a load of strangers (y)

I'm reading a lot of Liverpool fans online commenting that they would be happy to not win a trophy this season because beating Manchester United 7 nil is better than any trophy :unsure:

If it makes you happier to beat a team in another city than it does to win a trophy? You are not a fan of your club, you are just a person with a childish, irrational grudge against a load of strangers (y)

Tbf, it does depend on the circumstances. I’d almost guarantee you that under Fergie when we collected trophies regularly, I’d probably trade an FA cup or Carabao cup (league cup) for that type of result against a rival. While we can always repeat cup wins, 7-0 against a rival is much harder to replicate and in truth has a longer shelf life. I’d even guarantee Real Madrid fans would trade a UCL trophy for a 7-0 result over Barcelona because they win it so often.

That said, considering we hadn’t won a trophy in 6 years, I’d happily take a trophy over a one off result but it’s all about perspective