The Manchester United Thread

A clean sheet with Maguire? Forest really are that ****

Not for the want of him trying.

Some weeks VAR ***** you over. Other weeks it ***** the opposition over.

But then its not VAR thats the ussue. It’s the blind ***** looking at the screen backing up their mate on the field who don’t use it properly in England.

Not for the want of him trying.

Some weeks VAR ***** you over. Other weeks it ***** the opposition over.

But then its not VAR thats the ussue. It’s the blind ***** looking at the screen backing up their mate on the field who don’t use it properly in England.
At this point, I feel they’re just sabotaging VAR to push the FA to just get rid of it. Doesn’t seem to have improved organic officiating at all.

At this point, I feel they’re just sabotaging VAR to push the FA to just get rid of it. Doesn’t seem to have improved organic officiating at all.

I don't think that's ever happening. They've invested too much into it.

Mad when you watch other Country's top leagues how quick a process it is to get the right decision. Yet here .....

Ten Hag on Sabitzer: "He had a problem in the warm-up. We didn't take the risk, we already had some injuries. We will find out tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a big injury." #MUFC

We need some quality backup for Eriksen and Casemiro

Manchester United have won 15 and lost none of the 17 matches in which Casemiro, Christian Eriksen, and Bruno Fernandes have all started together in all competitions (D2), a win rate of 88%. [opta] #MUFC

…Mad when you watch other Country's top leagues how quick a process it is to get the right decision. Yet here .....

…Or the WC. I only counted 1 dodgy VAR decision throughout the entire tournament (Argentina’s penalty against Poland). That didn’t even matter as Messi missed it

As you said, VAR seems to only make newspaper headlines in England for all the wrong reasons: one shambolic decision after the next. I watch the league games from Spain/Germany and 9 times out of 10, the decision is usually the correct one. Over here, that tumbles to 5 times out of 10.

Actually got to sit and enjoy a match today.
Except of course for Sancho making a meal of everything :rolleyes:
I reeeeally want Sancho to work, I do as I have a soft spot for the fella…but nothing really gives me hope he’s going to ever find that Dortmund form consistently.

At least Antony has that grit about him to make it work. It feels like Sancho has a pair of Jordan’s on, trying not to get them dirty. Everything he does lacks conviction and he seems to second guess himself every time he has the ball. Ten Hag gave him a 4 month sabbatical and that didn’t seem to do anything.

I thought Sancho was a lot better yesterday but like has been mentioned his final product lacked conviction. Yes he’s had a sabbatical but we don’t really know anything about why in any detail. Hopefully with a run if starts and a fresh start next season after another break. He can turn it around. If not he won’t last under ETH.

So pleased for Anthony he’s had a rough ride from all sides this season. Yes he’s not been the player to match the price but that’s not his fault. Yes in some matches he needs to do better. But for his first season in the Prem as an attacker in a team in transition I think he’s been alright. And we are 100% better with him in the side. Next season he’s gonna be an absolute beast. Especially if he can get a good partnership with a new RB we will likely sign.

Laurie Whitwell

@lauriewhitwell

·
Phil Jones worked super hard on his holidays to get in best shape for pre-season under Erik ten Hag but suffered a problem with long-term knee issue on first day. He’s kept trying but hasn’t been able to complete a session. So unfortunate with injuries. #MUFC

Back