The Manchester United Thread

Finished 1-0. Feel sorry for them absolutely everything went against them. Was the better team for most parts. One mistake from Ladd led to Kerr scoring. Then Chelsea quality and experience seen them home.

And to make things worse they have to walk all the way up to collect there losers medals and shake hands with those rat b astards that have done absolutely **** all to help this team!!😡😡😡 We lose our best players every summer due to having one of the lowest wage budgets in the top half. And we also have one of the lowest spends in the top 6. It will be a disaster if we lose Russo and Ona Battle due to not going that extra bit on wages. Both are top top class and deserve it. Just F eck Off

Asked Marc Skinner about Avram Glazer being in the crowd and whether today showed what is needed to topple Chelsea: ‘The investment they [Chelsea] have put in over years and years and years is a factor as to why they win, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that.

Mike Keegan

@MikeKeegan_DM

·
Manchester United sale latest Sheikh Jassim submits new 11th-hour offer Improved bid went in earlier today Final 'take it or leave it' move to seize control.

Sheikh Jassim's new offer for #mufc is believed to be significantly improved on his first, although it is still thought to value United at a lower price than Ratcliffe. However, Sheikh Jassim's bid is for total control with the fee to be paid now [@MikeKeegan_DM]

I Guess that makes DDG the last guy who played under Fergie.

12 years stealing a living.
He wasn’t terrible all 12 years mate. I still remember that performance at the bernabeu where he man-marked ozil out of the game. Did a decent job on Ronaldo as well.

He was once one of the hottest center back talents but I’d say injuries and never truly nailing one position didn’t bode well for his career or his knees

12 years stealing a living.
He didn't spend 12 years stealing a living, the last 4 seasons maybe but as Legend points out injuries have played a major part it his career. The idiots who offered him a contract extension are as much to blame (I doubt any of us would turn down the money put in front of him to be fair). Yes he has become a 'joke' but he was seen to be a possible future captain when signed and there was nothing in his first few seasons to make people think otherwise.

Yeah, bloke is just made of glass but was a good professional and always gave 100% when he was healthy. I have much more sympathy for Jones than for Michael Owen who was not just made of glass but also a total ******.