The Manchester United Thread

It was an awful way to send him off and I really hope we give him a testimonial at least. That said, I’m looking forward to not panicking when a pass lands on the feet of our guy between the sticks
Yeah club have handled it pretty bad considering all he’s done. But will be great to have a proactive and good ball playing keeper. And yes o how he does get a testimonial 🙏🏼

Welcome to Utd for standing there ground for once and getting Chelsea to accept our final offer.
We paid £60 million for a fairly average player, who’s on the last year of his contract and just came off a dismissal season as well. That’s not “standing your ground”, that’s getting rinsed (again).

I’m not even sure where he’s going to play ffs. Worst part is this is just going to fund Chelsea going all out for Caicedo.

We paid £60 million for Mason Mount, who’s on the last year of his contract and just came off a dismissal season as well. I’m not even sure where he’s going to play.
It’s 55m with 5m in basically unachievable add ons in Matt Laws article. If we win the champs league, ballon etc.

Being in the last year doesn’t mean anything these days Hazard went for crazy money, Sterling went for a similar amount. It’s age and quality that counts these days.

Judging any player of Chelsea last season is madness. The two seasons prior he was absolute class. Even in his bad season just gone he still got double figures total in goals and assist and would likely have gotten more if not for his injury.

He can play a number of positions any of the attacking except STR. And as an 8. I personally think we will see him and Bruno as 8s and Casemiro as a 6. But the system will always be fluid with ETH deoending on opposition.

We paid £60 million for a fairly average player, who’s on the last year of his contract and just came off a dismissal season as well. That’s not “standing your ground”, that’s getting rinsed (again).

I’m not even sure where he’s going to play ffs. Worst part is this is just going to fund Chelsea going all out for Caicedo.
Getting 'rinsed' would have been paying £57m up front with £7m add-ons which Chelsea wanted. Sticking to their final offer and looking at Caicelo at the same time and the closing of the FFP loophole made Chelsea re-evaluate their stance.

Getting 'rinsed' would have been paying £57m up front with £7m add-ons which Chelsea wanted. Sticking to their final offer and looking at Caicelo at the same time and the closing of the FFP loophole made Chelsea re-evaluate their stance.
Chelsea originally wanted 85m total right at the start. United never wanted to pay more than 55m. I think we negotiated a good deal here for once.

2 windows running. But so long as you have Woodward yes men running the show, this will continue to be the end result.

Love the player. Embarrassing and disappointing you've done what the Saudi's are doing and massively over pay to help them out of their self-created FFP *****.

2 windows running. But so long as you have Woodward yes men running the show, this will continue to be the end result.

Love the player. Embarrassing and disappointing you've done what the Saudi's are doing and massively over pay to help them out of their self-created FFP *****.
No footballing structure, that can only change with the new owners.

He was anything but average bar the last season and I think we can excuse anyone from that Chelsea team because they changed, what? 3-4 managers, right?

I ain't expecting Mount to fix all the issues United have, similar how Mac Allister won't fix for Liverpool, but it is movement in a positive direction. Eriksen is a wonderful player, however his endurance problems are noticeable and he should be moved to a rotational role, rather than being a nailed on starter.
Wonder if there's going to be enough money for a proper striker.

I ain't expecting Mount to fix all the issues United have, similar how Mac Allister won't fix for Liverpool, but it is movement in a positive direction. Eriksen is a wonderful player, however his endurance problems are noticeable and he should be moved to a rotational role, rather than being a nailed on starter.
Wonder if there's going to be enough money for a proper striker.
Yeah most likely after sales. Who knows lol. That many different stories. And I can’t believe anyone thinks we have massively overpaid 🤦🏻‍♂️

..... And I can’t believe anyone thinks we have massively overpaid 🤦🏻‍♂️

He's in the last year of his contract mate. And no longer anything like a regular at Chelsea Stop chatting S on this aye?

Utd are getting a wonderful footballer coming into his prime.

But you've been bent over and rinsed massively by Chelsea on the fee. Just like you were on last summers signings.

That's the simple facts of the matter.

Yeah most likely after sales. Who knows lol. That many different stories. And I can’t believe anyone thinks we have massively overpaid 🤦🏻‍♂️
It kinda is when you take everything into consideration. United where the only one for him, Liverpool got someone else, Arsenal has different targets and none of the clubs abroad were in for him. Now, that could've all change if the asking price was a bit lower, like 40m. In the end, I don't really care as long as the players is of certain quality.

He's in the last year of his contract mate. Stop chatting S on this aye?

Utd are getting a wonderful footballer coming into his prime.

But you've been bent over and rinsed massively by Chelsea on the fee. Just like you were on last summers signings.

That's the simple facts of the matter.
I don't think it's like that. Chelsea wanted something ridiculous, only when United left the table they started to come to their senses. Is he overpaid? I'd say so. But massively? Not really. There's a reason why he was first choice for both Liverpool and Arsenal, but both were priced out because United were willing to pay the premium. If he was a bit cheaper, a lot more clubs would be interested.

It kinda is when you take everything into consideration. United where the only one for him, Liverpool got someone else, Arsenal has different targets and none of the clubs abroad were in for him. Now, that could've all change if the asking price was a bit lower, like 40m. In the end, I don't really care as long as the players is of certain quality.

I don't think it's like that. Chelsea wanted something ridiculous, only when United left the table they started to come to their senses. Is he overpaid? I'd say so. But massively? Not really. There's a reason why he was first choice for both Liverpool and Arsenal, but both were priced out because United were willing to pay the premium. If he was a bit cheaper, a lot more clubs would be interested.

There's a reason why we walked away as soon as £60 million was mentioned to come to the table.

You got rinsed on the fee for a wonderful footballer. No other way to cut it.

Just like they rinsed Arsenal for Havertz.