The Manchester United Thread

🚨🚨🌕| Ten Hag identified nutrition as one of the three key areas United were flagging in when he took over in May 2022 and Meziane was hired from the Football Association earlier this year. [@samuelluckhurst]

Moved to Spurs on a permanent

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen

·
Thank you for your fine service, Martha — all the best moving forwards
🤝
🔴
#MUWomen

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen

·
Give a warm United welcome to our newest recruit: @GabsGeorge
🔏
❤️
#MUWomen

26-year old Gabby George has signed for United from Everton. The 171cm tall defender is a United fan who spent most of her youth development years at the United Centre of Excellence. United apparently triggered a £150,000 release clause in her contract.

George joined Everton in 2014 and made 14 appearances in her first season, including a start in the FA Cup final. She was only 17 at the time.

in 2017 she made history by being the first Everton women’s player who signed a full-time professional contract.

The Manchester-born defender made 180 appearances for the Toffees. She has also represented England in the U17s, U19s, U20s and U21s. George made her full international debut in 2018. She has two caps for England. In 2017 she was named in the UEFA U17s Euros Team of the Tournament.

George was the WSL Player of the Month in January 2023.

Some much needed depth in the FB positions, good signing.

Exclusive: Jadon Sancho is training away from the Manchester United first team after he refused to apologise to manager Erik ten Hag.

More from @dansheldonsport & @Ankaman616
I’ll say this: I think Ten Hag shouldn’t have been as explicit in his answer but at the same time, Sancho probably should’ve seen this coming the moment he made that post that there was no way back from that.

It’s a shame as I had high hopes for him.

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen

·
From New York to Manchester, via Miami, Reims and Seattle
✈️
🇺🇸
Reds, meet @Phallon91
👋
😁
#MUWomen

United have signed 26-year old American keeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce. She arrives from OL Reign where she spent the last two years. Prior to that PTJ represented French club Reims from 2019 to 2021. In college she played for Miami Hurricanes.

According to many journalists, the move could set a new record transfer fee (£100k currently) for a goalkeeper.

Wow what a signing! Went through on the last min of the deadline last night🤩🤩

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen

·
United family
➕
1️⃣
Welcome to the club, @MelvineMalard
✍️
🇫🇷
#MUWomen

Melvine Malard joins Manchester United on transfer deadline day. The 23-year old moves on loan until the end of the season from Olympique Lyonnais where she has spent the last nine years, racking up 63 goals in 94 appearances for them.

I don't think ten Hag will last to see 2024 as United manager. This is pure amateur football.