The Manchester United Thread

Well since the market has opened the shares have gone down a massive 20% after no sale talks and the value has dropped 700m$

🤩🤩🤩

23-year old Japanese midfielder has signed for United. After a stellar World Cup she had plenty of clubs chasing her signature, Liverpool and Frankfurt among others, but I’m delighted Miyazawa chose us. She joins from Japanese side MyNavi Sendai.

The rapid attacking midfielder scored five goals in the WWC, two of which came against the eventual World Champions Spain. The tally came as a surprise to many as she hadn’t been a proven goalscorer for her club, and while four goals in 20 international caps before the tournament was nothing to be ashamed of, she even said herself that she didn’t expect to score that many goals in the tournament.

Miyazawa was the last player to be dropped out of the Japan WC 2019 squad, despite having been in the squad for a year already. She was also excluded from the Tokyo Olympics squad two years later due to an injury. She’s since said that she used these disappointments as a source of motivation to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

The midfielder is a good passer with a wide of range of passing and she’s very comfortable with both feet. Her game kind of looks simple and easy as she often glides past defenders and finds her striker with inch-perfect through balls. Whoever plays in front of her should always be ready to make a run behind the line. More often than not Miyazawa will find her. She makes the game look easy but that’s all down to her balance, movement and technique on the ball.

She can definitely play deeper in the midfield as well, but to get the best out of her she should be played as an 8 or a 10. That of course raises a question about Toone’s role but I think it’s only good that we’re finally adding quality players to increase the competition for minutes. Hope this pushes Tooney to the next level too.

Attachments

• IMG_2628.jpeg
    IMG_2628.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen

·
United are narrowly beaten in our third pre-season friendly, despite goals by @Leah_Galton21 and @Geyse_Ferreiraa in Herzo
🇩🇪
#MUWomen

FT: #MUFC Women 2-3 FC Bayern Munich. A brilliant first half saw Leah Galton open the scoring before Geyse Da Silva bagged her first goal for United. Bayern responded on the hour mark before equalising from the penalty spot 5 minutes later, the winner followed in the 85th.

Last edited:
You lot should really think of doing reality show or season of your doings. Would cash in some money for transfers.

Manchester United made convicted paedophile Geoff Konopka 'guest of honour' at Old Trafford and celebrated his career despite him being banned from the game: Club 'were unaware ex-women's coach got four years for offences against girls'

If I understand this correctly, this invite happened some time ago and the media just decided to dig it up now?

Why do I feel the media is just hopping on the negative united press train just to get clicks?