The Manchester United Thread

When the team wins it's "great players and manager... ETH has us going in the right direction".
When they lose?
"Duh Glaaaaazers ruined it!!!" :LOL:

Mount and Varane took part in full first team training today.

And Amrabat and Mainoo started work on fitness before returning to the first team squad training

I'm sorted for tonight.
At least it will give me a bit of interest in the game (y)

Screenshot_2023-09-20-09-27-19-973_com.cgsi.boylesportsnew.jpg

Feel for Onana he would look great in a City side where he can just sweep and ping the ball. This united defence bereft of confidence is exposing his below-average shot-stopping and poor positioning. Keeper is the last position you want to lose confidence but he seems like a mentally strong fella.

Feel for Onana he would look great in a City side where he can just sweep and ping the ball. This united defence bereft of confidence is exposing his below-average shot-stopping and poor positioning. Keeper is the last position you want to lose confidence but he seems like a mentally strong fella.

We’re just having zero luck atm. Nothing has really fallen in our favor since the first game vs wolves with Onana barging right into that wolves defenders.

Marginal decisions/non-decisions, injuries, strange handballs….everything that could go wrong just goes wrong. Onana on the first goal just sums it up perfectly

You think football is a game of luck?

Once you cross that white line it's in your hands (and feet). You are either good or bad.

If we start getting superstitious about kicking a ball about, we might as well start lighting candles and saying prayers to help them win :ROFLMAO:

Yes you could say it ultimately lays at the players feet. But with sports and especially these days there’s far too many things influencing decisions that are having a direct impact on results one way or the other. I’m by no way saying we were not good enough. But in sports the best team doesn’t always win and it’s often not down to the players!

I’m by no way saying we were not good enough. But in sports the best team doesn’t always win and it’s often not down to the players!

This is the comfort blanket effect I see in sports fans these days, especially football fans.

Watching football from the 70's to the 90's, I can't recall anyone ever blaming the owners or any other influence outside the pitch when they lost.
We watched a match, if we lost a match we all joined in a chorus of "jeez we were *****" etc...

Nowadays if a team lose, the fans comforts blanket comes out and everything else is to blame. Like toddlers throwing a tantrum.

The professional footballers who's job it is to win possession, keep possession, progress the ball, provide service, score goals, track opposing players, defend with heart and intelligence see all this and get a free pass.
They don't have to be held accountable. It's someone else's fault in a boardroom.

🤣🤣🤣

Refs and officials have been blamed since forever it’s nothing new. VAR is just another farce to the level of **** officiating.

🤣🤣🤣

Refs and officials have been blamed since forever it’s nothing new. VAR is just another farce to the level of **** officiating.

Nice swerve there.
Grab your blankie and have a nap ;)

Watching football from the 70's to the 90's, I can't recall anyone ever blaming the owners or any other influence outside the pitch when they lost.