The Manchester United Thread

More injuries Martial, Rashford, Shaw, Maguire all now missing. Better defensive wise but poor going forward. And worrying thing is the team look physically shot.

So looking at reports this morning we could be without Maguire, Varane, Shaw, Lindelof, Rashford, Martial for Liverpool on top of our other long term injuries. And suspended Fernandes. Please take it easy on us @Scouseinthehouse 😅😅🙏🏼

Maguire and Fernandes being out is a bonus for Utd! :mad: Sidenote- For Fernandes to completely **** out of Anfield and get himself purposefully booked was nothing short of an absolute disgrace to every last one of you. Then for him to turn around after and cry **** about the players letting everyone down and needing to take responsibility ..... This two faced, soft shithouse is your captain FFS! Say's it all about how player power continues to rule at OT.

The ironic thing in all this is you'd still be in the CL if you had De Gea. Instead, all the SM cry babies bitched and moaned that he couldn't play with his feet, and here you are. With an absolute joke of a goalkeeper who has cost you WAY more than his price tag by, literally, singlehandedly ******* up European football. And will be a major reason why you are sat looking from the outside in on next seasons expanded CL that Utd just can not afford to miss. But will by a considerable distance.

Onana will end up being the most expensive goalie in history in a season the amount of European riches over two seasons he'll cost Utd on top of the mad fee.

******* ****. The state of that forum...

All the best this avvy. I mean, like, we should volley yers all over again for another embarrassing score. But this is the biggest rivalry in club football anywhere and L’pool- Utd doesn’t tend to go with the form book.

Heres to a belter game.

Well that will do. Wasn’t a good watch but showed a bit of fight. Varane and Evans immense. Wtf was Oliver doing at the end. That’s another player short now.

Wtf was Oliver doing at the end. That’s another player short now.
******** United once again. Luckly it was the end of the game so no impact.
And the worst thing is - that was United throw anyway. Wonder if they'll override rhe yellows.

Christian Eriksen returned to training at Man Utd today. Amad Diallo understood to be the next in line for his comeback, followed by Mason Mount, Tyrell Malacia and Lisandro Martinez. Casemiro the last one expected back Jan 15th #mufc

fromAndy Mittens podcast

Having had sometime to reflect on everything, while I don’t think ETH has done much to merit more time, seeing the replacements we’ve been linked with has been scary to the point that I’d rather just stick it out with ETH till the end of the season.

As a side note, we would’ve lost that game an anfield yesterday had Bruno played.

ETH needs to stick with what our CM was yesterday and what he had success with last season. Non of this 1 DM and 2 10s rubbish. When everyone is fit I would love to see Casemiro, Mainoo as an actual 2 with Bruno as a 10.

ETH needs to stick with what our CM was yesterday and what he had success with last season. Non of this 1 DM and 2 10s rubbish. When everyone is fit I would love to see Casemiro, Mainoo as an actual 2 with Bruno as a 10.
Using 2 #8s in the 2 half spaces in front of a defense is quite popular today which as a result slowly phases out the use to single pivots. Usually, you’d see a defender pushing up into midfield. You see this at Liverpool, Arsenal and City. Even spurs to a certain extent

I’m surprised it took Ten Hag months to figure this out.

Using 2 #8s in the 2 half spaces in front of a defense is quite popular today which as a result slowly phases out the use to single pivots. Usually, you’d see a defender pushing up into midfield. You see this at Liverpool, Arsenal and City. Even spurs to a certain extent

I’m surprised it took Ten Hag months to figure this out.
This is my theory. He was going to use Mount and Bruno as #8 in front of Casemiro, then either Shaw or Dalot as a inverted fullback. Unfortunately, combination of injuries, being out of shape/form and general lack of tactical flexibility screwed with United and we maybe saw it one or twice this season.

🔴
Mourinho on Man United: "I don’t have regrets, Man United fans know I gave everything and I love the club". "I went there once with Sky, I was in the box and the whole stadium turned to me applauding and singing for me", told @obionepodcast.

🚨
José Mourinho: "There are still people in this club and when I say people, I am talking about certain players, but also other people who are not players, they are still there when I said after two months with these people that you will never succeed with them." #MUFC

This is my theory. He was going to use Mount and Bruno as #8 in front of Casemiro, then either Shaw or Dalot as a inverted fullback. Unfortunately, combination of injuries, being out of shape/form and general lack of tactical flexibility screwed with United and we maybe saw it one or twice this season.
Even for the brief 2-3 weeks we had a relatively fit side, shaw/Dalot would just abandon the middle once we lost possession which would allow the opposition to overload the midfield area. That’s why Casemiro looked so isolated.

I’m not sure if this is a coaching issue or we just don’t trust a back 3. Either way, the execution has been lacking.

Latest @ManUtd Fans Forum minutes out. Chief Operating Officer Collette Roche said she didn't expect Jan transfer window to be particularly busy. "We have been consistent in saying we do not see Jan as the optimal time to do business."

John Murtough tells Manchester United fans’ forum not to expect a busy January transfer window “We’ve seen this season that FFP rules have real teeth, so we have to be very careful to ensure that we remain compliant, and we will.”
🔗
https://theathletic.com/5148897/2023/12/19/manchester-united-transfers-ffp