The Manchester United Thread

I ain't worried. Club will sell some HG talent and raise at least 100m to spend. But United need a lot more than that, and that is honestly amazing considering all the spending.
Yeah agree. Not worried so much it’s just the ammount we have wasted compared to where we are. Most expensive squad ever assembled lol🤦🏻‍♂️😢 I’m actually quite surprised how low are wages are compared to a lot of other teams

Unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t mind if we sold both Rashford and Bruno. Bruno is 29 and beginning to show signs of burnout. I’d cash in on him if we receive a good bid and Rashford if PSG put in an offer upwards of £60 million. That combined with sales of Casemiro, Varane, Sancho and possible Antony, I’d say we’d rack in a bit over £200 million

Eh, both of them are first teamers. You need to have ready-made replacement, which United do not have. And United struggles with squad depth. Imagine how grim the midfield would look (even more than now) without Mainoo. But it is not sustainable to promote academy players every year, if you wish to challenge dor everything

Players I wouldn’t mind seeing sold/Leave this summer AWB, Linderlof, Evans, Williams, Eriksen, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial.

Honestly wouldn’t mind keeping Casemiro or Varane for another year as there’s gonna be so much upheaval this summer. We need some sort of stability and experience around imo. And both can still play at the top level. Just depends if SJR/Brailsford etc wanna free up there big wages instead.

Then there must be doubts on fringe players like Hannibal, Pellistri, Amad, Fernandez, Gore. I think they could all do a job as good squad players but will they be happy with hardly any mins during the season.

Greenwood’s still a huge question mark. Could be a pr nightmare but is shown his still an absolute top class player. But would also be pure profit.

Will they maybe think Maguires on to much as a 3/4 choice CB.

Maybe will cut losses with Shaw as his injury issues pile up. So much uncertainty

Last edited:
Players I wouldn’t mind seeing sold/Leave this summer AWB, Linderlof, Evans, Williams, Eriksen, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial.

Honestly wouldn’t mind keeping Casemiro or Varane for another year as there’s gonna be so much upheaval this summer. We need some sort of stability and experience around imo. And both can still play at the top level. Just depends if SJR/Brailsford etc wanna free up there big wages instead.

Then there must be doubts on fringe players like Hannibal, Pellistri, Amad, Fernandez, Gore. I think they could all do a job as good squad players but will they be happy with hardly any mins during the season.

Greenwood’s still a huge question mark. Could be a pr nightmare but is shown his still an absolute top class player. But would also be pure profit.

Will they maybe think Maguires on to much as a 3/4 choice CB.

Maybe will cut losses with Shaw as his injury issues pile up. So much uncertainty
You cant sell Lindelof/Evans when you know just how injury prone Varane is, and Martinez's injury is still a big question.

Those youngsters you mentioned are not good enough. Maybe Amad can be an useful option.
Bin Greenwood and Sancho, hopefully Sevilla bites on Hannibal and there's decent enough profit right there without crippling the squad depth.

You cant sell Lindelof/Evans when you know just how injury prone Varane is, and Martinez's injury is still a big question.

Those youngsters you mentioned are not good enough. Maybe Amad can be an useful option.
Bin Greenwood and Sancho, hopefully Sevilla bites on Hannibal and there's decent enough profit right there without crippling the squad depth.
If we are bringing in 2 cb like what’s being reported. A starter and a younger rotation option. 2 cbs could easily leave.

As for the youngsters I don’t agree. Maybe on Hannibal and Gore but he’s shown just as much ability as Mainoo did coming through. Most likely needs a loan. Pellistri, Fernandez, Amad could all do a good job as rotation players.

Interesting summer ahead and big decisions to be made!

Love that he’s ******* on the Glazers😁 just done a fan presser at Carrington.

| Sir Jim Ratcliffe: "We need to look at the organization of the club, because currently it is not correct. Let's take the example of the coach: he must report directly to the general manager. This is no longer possible in a modern organization."

Sir Jim Ratcliffe: "We need to make sure the right people are in the right jobs. Every member of management needs to be world class. Finally, we need to create a positive, supportive, friendly, quality environment. This culture was lacking before ."

Sir Jim Ratcliffe: "Only in such an environment can you get the best out of athletes. If we can do that, the results will automatically follow. That's the plan and I believe in it."

Sir Jim Ratcliffe: "I talk to Sir Alex Ferguson from time to time. He always has a very interesting point of view. And I always listen to him."

Eh, both of them are first teamers. You need to have ready-made replacement, which United do not have. And United struggles with squad depth. Imagine how grim the midfield would look (even more than now) without Mainoo. But it is not sustainable to promote academy players every year, if you wish to challenge dor everything
That’s where smart recruitment comes in and probably best not to have such an outlay in one single window (don’t want a Chelsea situation). Instead, if a good offer comes in, sell Rashford knowing we have an upcoming garnacho and dip into the market for a more traditional left winger type with good crossing ability (build around Hojlund’s strengths).

Aye. I’m aware he has several properties around the area lol. As long as he’s far away from footballing decisions, this is fine
Yeah I agree! But from what I’m reading he’s solely being brought in to help with the redevelopment of outside the stadium. His property/buisness portfolio is very big and only getting bigger. Makes sense to have him involved with all his interests around the area and his knowledge of the people and council. Plus all the charity work around the area. It’s an own goal from a business sense from SJR.

SJR doing a news conference behind doors around 4:30 talking about the investment, ownership, team, womens team and Mason Greenwood apparently.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has told @BBCSport he wants to build a new stadium for Man Utd that can also "serve the north of England". The new venue could be built next to Old Trafford.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe on Liverpool and Man City: “They are the enemy at the end of the day. There is nothing I would like better than to knock both of them from their perch.” #MUFC

Sir Jim Ratcliffe on Sheikh Jassim: “Still nobody's ever seen him, actually”. “The Glazers never met him... he never... I'm not sure he exists!”.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe on Mason Greenwood: "We need to look at facts, judge fairly and take into consideration what the values of the club are. Then we come out of that with a decision