The Manchester United Thread

🚨
| Ten Hag has not been told of any intentions that he will be sacked. [@lauriewhitwell]

Mate, you say this like anyone of us on this thread are under any illusions of winning tomorrow. We don’t need bookies to jump to that conclusion on the back of a horrid season.

We’re losing and might be Ten Hag’s last match with us. I just want tomorrow to be done with and move on to the euros

You completely misread my point mate.

It personally staggers me that Utd can be SO long odds in a Cup Final. That just blows my mind. Forget Club 115 and all their ill-gotten gains making them so dominant. This is Utd. In a Cup Final. We had some ***** times through the PL era. But we never slumped to anything like that.

As funny as it may be looking down the East Lancs. I just can't get my head around a situation where Utd are priced at that. We aren't talking about some tin-pot club here. (However they are being continually run into the ground.). However poorly coached they are, Utd still have individual match winners. And they're still Utd. But that ..... There's not being favoured. And then there's that. It’s like a 3rd round lower league club verses top flight side match.

I don't know mate. It just genuinely stuns me seeing a situation like this.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Erik ten Hag: “Talks with the owners next week? No, we already did and and on Sunday I will go on holiday. I think I deserve it.” Ten Hag also added it was ‘not necessary’ to be given assurances for next season.#MUFC

Erik ten Hag to
@VI_nl
: “Manchester United won the league for the last time in 2013, 11 years ago. But still they expect us to win every game while competing at the top. This club is not ready for that.”“We were supposed to start building something and we made the first steps last year, but then you find out how big this club is and that nobody is ever satisfied. Within the club people were satisfied, but outside the club there was noise by saying I won only the Carabao Cup, lost the FA Cup Final and became 3rd.”“Well, then you have no sense of reality. Other clubs had a much better squad.”

• What did the owners tell you?
🚨
🚨
🚨
- Erik ten Hag to @VI_nl: “They said they want to change everything and that they want to rebuild WITH me. This is what they told me directly.”

Erik ten Hag to @VI_nl: “To start We need to sign an extra striker in the summer. And if we can sign another central midfielder and a replacement for Varane, things will look good again.

Erik ten Hag to @VI_nl: “INEOS will change things in the club and certain projects have already started. Carrington will get be completely destroyed, a new training ground will come. The stadium big things are starting already.“

Erik ten Hag to @VI_nl: “The pundits in England want to score, they want to show they are worth the money, and for that Manchester United is an easy pray. It’s the biggest club in England and possibly in the world. The club is either loved or hated

Erik ten Hag to
@VI_nl
: “Tyrell Malacia didn’t play a single minute of football this season. In fact, he didn’t even spend a single moment out on the training pitch. We signed him as our back-up for Luke Shaw.”“Luke Shaw is the best left back in the world. This guy is so good. But he has suffered a horrible injury at the start of his career and because of this he will NEVER be able to play 60 games per season.”

Erik ten Hag to @VI_nl: “Let me be clear. It has been bad. It has been ****. But despite everything, we are going to play an FA Cup Final.”

It's absolutely mad for the club to be allowing all this speculation on Cup Final day to start with. But if yesterday's obviously briefed leaks that he's gone, and more than likely McKenna is coming in, are correct, then that would be terribly shoddy, to be polite, of INEOS and Ratcliffe. And yet more of the same old, same old under the Glazers that's dragged Utd this low down for years to start with. They would have basically lied to ten Hag, and completely hung him out to dry. And if he is staying, WTF was all that noise yesterday from multiple sources?

What unbelievable, self-inflicted/ self-created carnage, on what should be the biggest day in the football calendar.

Last edited:
It's absolutely mad for the club to be allowing all this speculation on Cup Final day to start with. But if yesterday's obviously briefed leaks that he's gone, and more than likely McKenna is coming in, are correct, then that would be terribly shoddy, to be polite, of INEOS and Ratcliffe. And yet more of the same old, same old under the Glazers that's dragged Utd this low down for years to start with. They would have basically lied to ten Hag, and completely hung him out to dry. And if he is staying, WTF was all that noise yesterday from multiple sources?

What unbelievable, self-inflicted/ self-created carnage, on what should be the biggest day in the football calendar.
Sounds a bit out of character for me but perhaps, I hope he stays? Just to de-legitimize the press (if they had any legitimacy to begin with). With so many interviews, Ten Hag doesn’t act like someone who’s going to be sacked. More so than even Louie all those years ago

He completely out foxed Guardiola tactically and Guardiola didn't have any answers imo. The only way City were going to get back into the game was individual errors by us and the mistake from Onana almost allowed that, eventhough Onana played a very good game and compared to last season where De Gea was giving the ball away under any form of pressure from City which allowed them to regain possession cheaply time and time again.

As for the players mixed feelings. Where has the application been all season. And what a difference Varane and Martinez make!!