The Manchester United Thread

BREAKING:Carrington staff have been told to pack up before summer holiday and are prepared for disruption while work takes place.#mufc staff have been told to vacate workspaces at Carrington ahead of a summer refurbishment running into next season to modernise the club’s training base. [
@mcgrathmike
]

#mufc are due back ahead of their pre-season tour to USA in mid July and players will be able to use the pitches at Carrington while work is being undertaken. [@mcgrathmike]

The future bright😀

Attachments

• IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Most major domestic cups won in English football history:◉ 19 - Manchester United ◎ 18 - Liverpool ◎ 16 - Arsenal◎ 15 - Man City ◎ 13 - Chelsea ◎ 12 - Aston Villa ◎ 12 - Tottenham The Red Devils move back to outright top.
🏆

Manchester United will celebrate tonight then undertake season review into next week, analysing all aspects of the campaign as objectively as possible, before coming to a final decision on Erik ten Hag. Story with @David_Ornstein
⬇️

They want a story that's why.

The BBC nor anyone else has to create anything. Utd have created an unnecessary story. Even last night Ratcliffe continued throwing ten Hag under the bus by refusing to answer any questions on him/ mention him direct in his congratulatory statement. Glazer MO all over again. But then he has kept the Gkazers at the club for his vanity project so no wonder this S is going down again with yet another manager thrown under the bus. Can’t blame journo’s for asking the question when Utd have hung ten Hag out there mate. Disgracefully unprofessional how INEOS have handled this.

Superb performance BTW. Ended up watching it yesterday evening after I wasn’t going to having watched the Scottish Cup Final through the day. Really enjoyable Cup Final and thoroughly deserved victory. Utd were outstanding back to front. For all the natural names highlighted like the kids scoring, and Varane, I thought Amrabat (Sp?) was really dominant and key. Which was ironic as per recent discussion on him in here.

Good to just enjoy a Cup Final where you can’t lose whoever wins.

Most major domestic cups won in English football history:◉ 19 - Manchester United ◎ 18 - Liverpool ◎ 16 - Arsenal◎ 15 - Man City ◎ 13 - Chelsea ◎ 12 - Aston Villa ◎ 12 - Tottenham The Red Devils move back to outright top.
🏆

Nice (y)

20240526_083318.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what happens during the summer.
A bit of early business in and out would be nice.

The BBC nor anyone else has to create anything. Utd have created an unnecessary story. Even last night Ratcliffe continued throwing ten Hag under the bus by refusing to answer any questions on him/ mention him direct in his congratulatory statement. Glazer MO all over again. But then he has kept the Gkazers at the club for his vanity project so no wonder this S is going down again with yet another manager thrown under the bus. Can’t blame journo’s for asking the question when Utd have hung ten Hag out there mate. Disgracefully unprofessional how INEOS have handled this.

Superb performance BTW. Ended up watching it yesterday evening after I wasn’t going to having watched the Scottish Cup Final through the day. Really enjoyable Cup Final and thoroughly deserved victory. Utd were outstanding back to front. For all the natural names highlighted like the kids scoring, and Varane, I thought Amrabat (Sp?) was really dominant and key. Which was ironic as per recent discussion on him in here.

Good to just enjoy a Cup Final where you can’t lose whoever wins.
Whether he stays or goes wasn't relevant, yes the club have brought it on themselves but why would you want to even answer a question about the future when you've just won something. The media have to be honest played their part in the whole sorid storyline. The gutter press love a scapegoat you only need to see how they treat the England Squads when they are knocked out of the World or European Cup with their jumping on individuals who they feel are an easy target. They need a scapegoat and who bigger than a club like Manchester United. It would have been interesting to see where the club would have ended up but for the injuries to the likes of Martinez, Varane and Shaw somehow I doubt the final position would have been 8th. Yes the club has had a dismal season by their previous standards but they still ended the season with silverware.

As to enjoying the final I'm sure three set of fans didn't enjoy themselves. Citeh were supposed to win a double double to go with the four in a row, whilst Chelsea and Newcastle see their European dreams either get demoted or deleted. Somehow I think their fans won't be wanting to hear the words Manchester United today.

Whether he stays or goes wasn't relevant, yes the club have brought it on themselves but why would you want to even answer a question about the future when you've just won something. The media have to be honest played their part in the whole sorid storyline. The gutter press love a scapegoat you only need to see how they treat the England Squads when they are knocked out of the World or European Cup with their jumping on individuals who they feel are an easy target. They need a scapegoat and who bigger than a club like Manchester United. It would have been interesting to see where the club would have ended up but for the injuries to the likes of Martinez, Varane and Shaw somehow I doubt the final position would have been 8th. Yes the club has had a dismal season by their previous standards but they still ended the season with silverware.

It's not the journalists fault though is it? Those Glazer bedfellows INEOS, with Ratcliffe and his vanity project, have been unbelievably talking to managers BEFORE the FA Cup Final. And whether they briefed the media, or just let it naturally leak out on Friday. they have created this situation and hung yet another manager out to dry/ S all over him in the finest of Glazer styles.

With respect mate, it's ridiculous to say you are being used as a media scapegoat. It's INEOS that have created this situation, let it foster, and S all over yet another manager. Related side note- It baffles the heck out of me how anyone, and I'm still reading many on-line this AM, can remotely think they are a good thing for Utd when you are in as bad a position going into this pre-season with absolutely no clarity and leadership as you were last. How long have they been here now? Since January? February? No DoF, so the transfer plans are nowhere again. And now they are 'taking their time' on ten Hag? They've had the past 3/4 months to assess him. Smacks to me that Ratcliffe and co ideally wanted to lose yesterday so they could have sacked him last night/ today, to get there yes man McKenna in who they can control. Now they are in a sticky situation with the support. Their silence and disgraceful actions the past 24/ 48 hours to the manager, whatever I or anyone else thinks of him, who's currently in charge of the club and has just won you another major trophy, has been deafening.

I felt for ten Hag when Lineker and co jumped on him after the game. He looked visibly taken aback when all the talk should have been about the Cup win and a brilliant end to a dismal season.. But you can't blame the media for a Utd created situation.

Last edited:
What a rollercoaster it’s been in the past 24 hours or so with some rather mixed emotions. An unexpected, yet brilliant win against bitter rivals with 2 academy lads scoring turned a rather dour and miserable trip to the pub into a celebratory one. Even better considering we actually outplayed the *arguably* best team in the world. The game itself was a bit of a throwback to peak Ole ball (I wonder if a few calls were made lol).

That said, it wouldn’t be a legend post without something negative so as that breaking news tap-in merchant fabrizio would say: here we go! Onana? GK just became a position of importance this summer. He seems to have a howler in him just waiting to happen. Luckily, it didn’t result to much in the end but could you imagine if we were only 1-0 up at that point?

I also agree with @Scouseinthehouse that Ten Hag’s future has been handled horribly. I still believe the media/press are vultures and have shown a great deal of disrespect towards Ten Hag (as they did with LVG) but INEOS haven’t helped one bit. Jury’s still out of if the sacking rumors are true (considering this came from a Chelsea journo) but their refusal to address it has only fanned the flames. I spoke with a mate last night about it and he drew parallels with LVG’s fa cup win and they’re strikingly similar.

Now they’ve backed themselves into a corner here: they’ve allowed this situation to fester long enough for Ten Hag to garner enough sympathy from fans to the point that if they sack him, do fans turn on them quickly? Also, if they sack him, they practically give legitimacy to the press and prove that they’re simply glazer carbon copies.

I’d say letting him go would be the right decision but they’ve made such a meal of it that it now becomes the wrong decision. For optics, they’re better off letting him see out his contract

Ethan Wheatley Came off the bench when England U18s were 1-0 down against Morocco. Scored two and won it for England.

@lauriewhitwell: "We did get strong information (not from the club) that the expectation was that he [Ten Hag] would depart the club. But we felt that we had to make checks and we were told the final decision has not been made yet by club sources."

have been unbelievably talking to managers BEFORE the FA Cup Final.
This isn’t unusual now is it? IF the decision was to sack ten hag then you’d want to keep tabs on his replacement, especially if he’s sought out for. That makes sense to do by my criticism is allowing that to leak to begin with (if there’s any truth to the leaks)
I'm still reading many on-line this AM, can remotely think they are a good thing for Utd when you are in as bad a position going into this pre-season with absolutely no clarity and leadership as you were last. How long have they been here now? Since January? February? No DoF, so the transfer plans are nowhere again. And now they are 'taking their time' on ten Hag? They've had the past 3/4 months to assess him.
That’s Wilcox’s role I believe (who’s already at the club). I imagine there’s some planning underway. As for Ten Hag’s future, I really hope they’d involve our actual incoming CEO.

This isn’t unusual now is it? IF the decision was to sack ten hag then you’d want to keep tabs on his replacement, especially if he’s sought out for. That makes sense to do by my criticism is allowing that to leak to begin with (if there’s any truth to the leaks)

That’s Wilcox’s role I believe (who’s already at the club). I imagine there’s some planning underway. As for Ten Hag’s future, I really hope they’d involve our actual incoming CEO.

It wouldn't be an issue would it if they'd made it clear on ten Hag going. But they haven't. They've patently lied to him as per his two interviews last week. And made him look a prize C in front of the camera's this weekend. Complete disrespect to be interviewing for a man's job you let believe was safe in the lead up to a Cup Final. Pure Glazers that.

Wilcox has bee there what, less than a month? The summer plans should be ready to go now. They've been in 3/4 months F around over the fee for a DoF they are now going to all but equal to bin ten Hag and get in McKenna. When is he 'incoming' again? They've just let that drag on and drag on when it should have been the first piece of business.

No issue to me as it's not my club. But I don't know how anyone can not paint INEOS in any other light mate other than being the Glazers in all but name and more of the exact same the disgraceful way they have tainted what you should be enjoying. An outstanding Cup win.

For an 'alleged' United fan, Ratcliffe is acting far more like the S'house club he first tried to buy into and had a seasie at. Chelsea.