The Manchester United Thread

Ramano saying United still after a CM possibly 2 depending ongoings. A Left footed CB. And possibly an attacker depending on out goings. Says LB won’t be coming in now due to the options we have there. Expects plenty of outs and ins before the end of August.

My “guess” is likely Ugarte and Amarabat. Then Hermoso for LCB. No idea on the attacker. Can’t see that one personally.

Just read an interesting thread of Maz’s injuries. On average over the last 5 seasons he’s missed 17 games. Not ideal but not as bad as some make out. Considering we could potentially play up to around 60 games. If he’s available to give Dalot a rest in the cup fixtures and a few Europa league games that’s sound.

He’s still a top right back with excellent football ability going forward. Still good enough in defence not AWB levels one on one. And considering he’s costing less than what we are selling AWB. And his rumoured wage is to be around K70 pw that’s K30 pw shaved of the wage bill also.

It's a sideways signing TOD.
C'mon?? You've been around the block. It's just a direct swap of a player with one set of deficiencies for another.

C'mon?? You've been around the block. It's just a direct swap of a player with one set of deficiencies for another.
Well yeah it’s a sideways signing in terms of a RB going and one coming I guess mate. But other than that in footballing terms and ability it’s anything but.

I disagree

A player with AWB’s rather limited skill set isn’t one you see play for the top teams. He would’ve been a great fullback in the late 90s to early 2000s when defensive fullbacks were highly sought out for, the game has moved on and now requires fullbacks to do **** like invert into midfield to create midfield overloads or overlap and be able to whip crosses in.

Mazraoui is a google example of a modern day fullback while AWB is a relic.

So hopefully something like this VS Fulham

Onana
Dalot, DeLigt, Martinez, Shaw
Mainoo, Casemiro
Amad, Bruno, Garnacho
Zirkzee

Then choose your subs from Heaton, Bayandir, Mazroui, Maguire, Linderlof, Evans, Amass, McTominey, Collyer Hannibal, Eriksen, Mount, Pellistri, Antony, Rashford, Sancho.

Unless some get sold before then

It's never ceased to amaze me how poor AWB was going forward especially when he started out as a winger. Yes it is a sideways signing in terms of a RB for another RB but what the side needs is someone who can bring the ball forward like Shaw does on the left (when fit of course). Ultimately I think he is beeing brought in to provide Dalot with some proper competition and will probably be a back up rather than a starter the same with De Ligt. As we all saw last season the drop off from the first team is massive once you get a few injuries. I have a feeling once the likes of Maguire, Lindelof (if he is sti there at the end of August) and Yuro are fit he may just drop down to assist in bringing through the U21s like Huddlestone has done.

Farsley Celtic

@FarsleyCelticFC
·
𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢𝗠
💚
We are delighted to announce the loan signing of Manchester United U21 goalkeeper Tom Wooster!
✍️
#CeltArmyI’m

So would we all be in agreement that Manchester United have issues defensively yes? That we conceded far to many shots on goal and direct attacks from opposing teams?
I'm sure that's indisputable?

Then we sign a player who is not as good defensively as the player he is replacing and spending most of his time further up the pitch and leaving his fellow defenders exposed.

Am I missing something?

So would we all be in agreement that Manchester United have issues defensively yes? That we conceded far to many shots on goal and direct attacks from opposing teams?
I'm sure that's indisputable?

Then we sign a player who is not as good defensively as the player he is replacing and spending most of his time further up the pitch and leaving his fellow defenders exposed.

Am I missing something?
No your kinda right but your also over simplifying it. It wasn’t a case of just bad defending. It was players available, players form, mangers tactics at times, team shape.

No your kinda right but your also over simplifying it. It wasn’t a case of just bad defending. It was players available, players form, mangers tactics at times, team shape.
To add to this, AWB is overrated defensively. While almost god-like when it comes to them 1v1 duels, he switches off a lot which often leaves him positionally suspect (think of all the back post goals we concede on his side).

Tackling is only half the job prerequisite for any defender.

😁 another top appointment

🚨
🔴
Former Manchester United youth player and Charlton Athletic head coach Michael Appleton is returning to the club to assume the role of loans manager. Dan Ashworth has a close relationship with Appleton from the pair’s time together at West Brom. #MUFC [@MailSport]

Back