The Manchester United Thread

That was a good performance, hopefully somehow we nick it in the return leg.

Danny Welbeck stretches defense better than any United forwards and Rio-Vida were class.

That was a good performance, hopefully somehow we nick it in the return leg.

Danny Welbeck stretches defense better than any United forwards and Rio-Vida were class.

No Schweinsteiger, no Martinez, no Thiago - with the right team selection, I'm thinking 2-2 or 2-1 to United in Munich.

No Schweinsteiger, no Martinez, no Thiago - with the right team selection, I'm thinking 2-2 or 2-1 to United in Munich.

Think they will line up 4-1-4-1 with Lahm as holding midfielder, Kroos, Muller, Ribery, Robben and Mandzukic as front 5. Or Gotze instead of Muller. Yes sort of beatable but so is every team..

Btw I think ManUtd are the first team not to lose at home against Bayern in last 2 years in CL.

Strootman is crocked, and given how roma reacted when he got hurt, he will stay there, and for sometime. We should have easily won the battle for him. No excuse for not bidding on him. Amazingly none of the major clubs moved for him. That's why he ended up at Roma

And now it's near impossible to sign him. They got 30 Million for Marquinhos, 30 Milliom for Lamela, so I expect they will demand at least 30 Million for him. We missed the boat big time when we decided not to go for him.

Phew! Feel so drained after screaming my heart out last night. Probs the scariest match ive been to in ages.

1. Welbeck s effort was breathtaking. But as usually his skill was somewhat lacking.
2. If it wasnt for fellaini not tracking his man we d be celebrating the unlikeliest of victories. Incidentally fellaini did at least show a lot of effort and energy during the match.
3. Dunno how embarassed (if at all) we should be for having 26 per cent possession at home even against a team of bayern's calibre. Yes i know those were the tactics but . ..

Phew! Feel so drained after screaming my heart out last night. Probs the scariest match ive been to in ages.

1. Welbeck s effort was breathtaking. But as usually his skill was somewhat lacking.
2. If it wasnt for fellaini not tracking his man we d be celebrating the unlikeliest of victories. Incidentally fellaini did at least show a lot of effort and energy during the match.
3. Dunno how embarassed (if at all) we should be for having 26 per cent possession at home even against a team of bayern's calibre. Yes i know those were the tactics but . ..

Bayern have done that to most teams with better mids than us all season. Not sure what you expected.

The look on Wayne's face when he got Swiney sent off. Don't think he was proud of that one.

Don't get carried away, Bayern are still a top, top side without those three. The performance and result yesterday was brilliant, but I think you're basing your prediction too much on one match.

To be honest, for a side with Buttner, Giggs and Fellaini (who is great when he's on-form, but terrible when he's off-form - like now) to draw against Bayern, no matter whatever the possession statistics, is unbelievable. Oh, and not to mention that you were missing the likes of Evra, Mata and Van Persie.

The look on Wayne's face when he got Swiney sent off. Don't think he was proud of that one.

Dont think he expected a second yellow card. That said, not sure what Bastian was thinking, Rooney was going nowhere.

Dont think he expected a second yellow card. That said, not sure what Bastian was thinking, Rooney was going nowhere.

No idea why he dived in, even if Rooney did dive and even if he did get the ball it's still always going to be a possible booking. ******* stupidity. Now Bayern will be rolling with a Lahm-Kroos midfield for the next leg which for Bayern is relatively unbalanced.

This game proved Welbeck should have been a starter over Van Persie in the BPL games vs. top 4. These games needed a workhorse forward, not someone who just waits in the box for passes.

If I recall correctly, Rooney was about to start a counter-attack if Schweinsteiger hadn't bought him down. There were two players trying to sandwich Rooney, unsuccessfully, and a few United players further up the field which could've resulted in a counter-attacking move from United - that's what I remember, anyway, not sure if it's correct.

Reminds me of Fellaini now. Just a bit less intense.

[video=youtube;yphlJqQKUNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yphlJqQKUNg[/video]

Ignore the odd music if you wish.

Reminds me of Fellaini now. Just a bit less intense.

[video=youtube;yphlJqQKUNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yphlJqQKUNg[/video]

Ignore the odd music if you wish.

Ah Thomas Gravesen. Yes I seem to recall he had his....erm....moments lol

If I recall correctly, Rooney was about to start a counter-attack if Schweinsteiger hadn't bought him down. There were two players trying to sandwich Rooney, unsuccessfully, and a few United players further up the field which could've resulted in a counter-attacking move from United - that's what I remember, anyway, not sure if it's correct.

Rooney had actually overplayed the ball at this point. Bastian stays on his feet, his partner nicks it anyway.

Rooney had actually overplayed the ball at this point. Bastian stays on his feet, his partner nicks it anyway.

Yeap. Had Rooney not flicked the ball away Schweini would have gotten the ball easily. From what I saw there was barely any contact, but still stupid from Schweini to commit like that.

We should give Buttner a good run of games until the end of the season. He really impressed me on Tuesday and it would be great if we knew that he was good enough to be a first-choice and not having to sign an expensive one. Admittedly we might need a rotational LB but it would be a lot better than having Shaw for god knows how much.

Buttner had Robben in his pocket, so he's obviously got plenty of ability.

We should give Buttner a good run of games until the end of the season. He really impressed me on Tuesday and it would be great if we knew that he was good enough to be a first-choice and not having to sign an expensive one. Admittedly we might need a rotational LB but it would be a lot better than having Shaw for god knows how much.

Buttner had Robben in his pocket, so he's obviously got plenty of ability.

Instead, Buttner as rotation and get Alex Sandro/Fabio Coentrao. Both are already established, to an extent atleast. And cheaper. All these big money moves for Shaw, I can't help but think, what if it misfires, and he becomes a dud..

They'd be cheaper, and we can really go all out for 2 mids and a CB. I'm crossing my fingers for Hummels or Mangala, but both are unrealistic.. :\ In other rumours, we're apparently going to overpay for Kroos, and get an egg on the face again, if we fail// :\

Last edited:
Back