The Manchester United Thread

I thought we were really good today. Everyone's been working really hard on the pitch and the fans had been fantastic. If only Welbeck have scored that one on one... Still, Martinez and Schweinsteiger suspended and Thiago out injured means that we have a really good chance to cause an upset next week.
Yes and hopefully we can get some players fit.

No one expected it, everyone thought we'd get raped, so it's a great result in reality considering we had quite a few key players out as well.

I genuinely think if we play anything like we showed tonight we have a chance. They have Schweinsteiger and Martinez and most likely Thiago out. Key players and a slow back four apart from Alaba, can definitely get at them.

Buttner suprised me as well, was pretty **** solid, fair play to him. Welbeck was great as well.

No one expected it, everyone thought we'd get raped, so it's a great result in reality considering we had quite a few key players out as well.

I genuinely think if we play anything like we showed tonight we have a chance. They have Schweinsteiger and Martinez and most likely Thiago out. Key players and a slow back four apart from Alaba, can definitely get at them.

Buttner suprised me as well, was pretty **** solid, fair play to him. Welbeck was great as well.
Felt sorry for Welbeck deserved a goal ran his heart out as always and is great on and off ball. Makes me laugh when some fans say hes not united quality.

Didn't think United were capable of playing like that, great performance. With the Bayern suspensions and United players coming back from bans/injuries you could have a decent chance.

Didn't think United were capable of playing like that, great performance. With the Bayern suspensions and United players coming back from bans/injuries you could have a decent chance.

Most likely Gotze will start and Kross will drop back to pivot, also Martinez is out but Dante comes back. Bayern's squad depth is crazy, they lost 3 key players and somehow 1st eleven still looks good like.

Had to record and watch the match as I was at work, here's my ramblings...

United played really quite well, bar Fellaini. Bayern didn't look their usual self, Ribery and Robben were kept completely out the game. Schweinsteiger's sending off was probably deserved, stupid challenge, Rooney's entitled to jump over it to avoid a dangerous tackle, he just didn't help himself by flailing his arms about. If that was a red, Valencia should have gone too.

Still think Bayern will go through, comfortably, but United can be very happy with the result. Schwe and Martinez's absence won't be particularly bad for Bayern, they have more than enough quality to replace them.

In the second leg I'd imagine Moyes will just look to hold on as long as possible, then try to grab the goal they'll need late on.

Also though Buttner was really good tonight!

No kidding. He basically made Robben bend over the whole game. With little to no help from first Giggs and then Kagawa.

Seriously impressive. Maybe you don't need to be in market for left back after all.

Can only echo the thoughts above. And dare I say it, Moyes actually spoke like a United manager. He might just make it yet.

Hardly a dive. I'd call it exaggerating a dangerous tackle. He definitely used his best acting skills - arms spread, acting like he's about to die - to help the ref make the right call, but it *was* a right call.

Even if he got the ball, the tackle seemed to be two-footed, so Rooney was right in trying to exaggerate the foul. And also, I''m still ****** that Welbeck's goal didn't stand.

Back