The Manchester United Thread

Evra and Rooney was so awful tonight.... Shouldn't have Evra up against Robben, he was given too much space and we are punished for it.

Very questionable selection by Moyes, Evra and Rooney should have start on bench.

Buttner was great in first leg, Evra was just picked for reputation plain and simple, he's pants defensively and cost us 2 of the goals at least.

Could've had Hern?ndez on for the last half-hour that Rooney was clearly struggling in. But what a goal from Evra. Oh well.

EDIT: I don't think Evra was as bad as people are portraying him. His performance began to deteriorate yes, he wasn't terrible by any stretch.

Buttner was great in first leg, Evra was just picked for reputation plain and simple, he's pants defensively and cost us 2 of the goals at least.

3 goals I'd say.

Why switch Buttner who shat on Robben in first leg, for Evra who almost certainly will struggle defensively? Big mistake that one.

And Rooney was woeful tonight. Should have play Kagawa as 10, its not like United lack options in this position. Why start someone who obviously isn't match fit?

Moyes definitely didn't help himself in eyes of doubters with this game.

EDIT: I don't think Evra was as bad as people are portraying him. His performance began to deteriorate yes, he wasn't terrible by any stretch.

He was at least partially responsible for all 3 goals and was very lucky to even stay on the pitch. That's pretty much a definition of terrible.

He was at least partially responsible for all 3 goals and was very lucky to even stay on the pitch. That's pretty much a definition of terrible.

At fault because he was so physically burnt out that he couldn't continue to harry such a strong threat as Robben? That doesn't necessarily make him terrible. He did a solid enough job up until it took a toll on him. You can't criticise him for running out of stamina when it mattered most, when he was clearly tired.

Counter Attacking football....You should get use to it, because Moyes will play like that. You have to remember Moyes have never coach against team like this and still got the small team mentality.
Ferguson small time. This is exactly what he would have done and did.

Selection was not questionable. But would have liked to have seen son more dynamic subs. Ultimately they were better than us. Lack of composure killed us in the end.

Selection was not questionable. But would have liked to have seen son more dynamic subs. Ultimately they were better than us. Lack of composure killed us in the end.

Selection not questionable? Rooney who could barely kick a ball is barely kick a ball is a better option than Chicharito?

Buttner who done so great last leg was dropped for Evra who yet again cost us goals in another game. Evra has been **** poor defensively for ages, he doesn't deserve to be picked anymore other than for one thing.... reputation, which isn't right.

Oh and anyone who complains about not going toe to toe with Bayern is mental.

Oh and anyone who complains about not going toe to toe with Bayern is mental.

Maybe so, but that jsut proves how far behind we are now to the best teams, it's frightening really.

Selection not questionable? Rooney who could barely kick a ball is barely kick a ball is a better option than Chicharito?

Buttner who done so great last leg was dropped for Evra who yet again cost us goals in another game. Evra has been **** poor for defensively for ages, he doesn't deserve to be picked anymore other than for one thing.... reputation, which isn't right.
hernandez wouldn't have held the ball up the same way. Buttner carrying a slight knock. Even then that's two players. How does that make selection questionable. For 58 minutes it spot on. Look at the tackles Evra made. Once our composure when we struggled

Games like this come down to the same place: midfield. You go against the elite with a midfield not good enough, you lose half the battle

It's been like that since 2009. Surely you are not just noticing now?

Look how Dortmund played against Madrid missing 6 key players, you can hardly tell me if David Moyes was in charge they would play like that.

I'm not blaming Moyes for tonight really, but I don't think he helps the situation one bit. I'd go knocking to Klopp now, what has he got to achieve with Dortmund now.

Look how Dortmund played against Madrid missing 6 key players, you can hardly tell me if David Moyes was in charge they would play like that.

I'm not blaming Moyes for tonight really, but I don't think he helps the situation one bit. I'd go knocking to Klopp now, what has he got to achieve with Dortmund now.

I would be very surprised if moyes goes now think that he will be there next season for sure now

Yeaaa... not really >>> Borussia Dortmund-Bayern Munich Live
Sorry, but Real =/= Bayern. No-one can get more possession than Bayern, I would argue not even Barcelona.

Will be interesting to see what the papers write tomorrow about this. As we draw there they said we were outpassed, pressed and everything.

Yeaaa... not really >>> Borussia Dortmund-Bayern Munich Live
Sorry, but Real =/= Bayern. No-one can get more possession than Bayern, I would argue not even Barcelona.

I say I'm not blaming Moyes specifically for this game. I'm talking about this season in general and how we have played. Can anyone honestly confidently say Moyes is the right man to lead us after seeing what they have this season? I doubt it.

Van Gaal, Klopp. it's all too tempting for me. Glazers will have to fork out money so probably not for them.

Back