The Manchester United Thread

I thought he signed a new contract after the summer with a higher release clause so I'm expecting it to cost more.

I thought he signed a new contract after the summer with a higher release clause so I'm expecting it to cost more.
Possibly sometimes they do that anyway but also give them a wage increase. Then despite the release clause they agree with the player if someone matches a certain offer they will let him go.

Seen they want 2 players from us Rojo is one but no name of the second.

Sky Sports news also reporting it now.

Nearly 2-0. Bailly with a fantastic over head kick tipped over the bar. What a goal that would of been!!! ?

Now it’s 2-0. Fantastic play by Mejbri winning the ball back with some tenacious play. Picks out a great ball to Garner at the edge of the box. Who rockets the ball in off the top of the post. Fantastic finish.

Yes. It's an absolute ***** squad. .....

We had this conversation today in terms of who would you take, excluding youth and Pogba, who it was agreed is just an overhyped, under-committed waste of God-given talent, out of Utd's squad that would improve our own? First team or squad depth. And the only possibles agreed were Martial and Rashford. And at that it's was only down to potential as to what they both could be under Jurgen's coaching. Even the Blues, who like Utd need a complete rebuild from back to front, only added de Gea, your very expensive version of Nathanial Clyne, AWB, and McTominaey. Everyone else they had as a sidewise step no better than the average mediocrity they have.

2 players. Sign of the times as most any other PL year pre-2015 and Klopp, that would NEVER have been the case.

Last edited:
BBC now on the Fernandes story. And Sportings management has confirmed there looking for replacement if he moves

Nearly 3-0. TFM with a great run from our box past a few players then his shot just gets tipped over by the keeper

Good 60 mins each from Timbo and Bailly. One got an assist and both nearly scored with fantastic efforts. Timbo played really well at DM very energetic and broke up play well with a couple of burstingvbreaks from deep.

Bailly was calm except from one mistake. Passing was good from the back and won all his headers. Still 2-0 with about 20 to go.