The Manchester United Thread

Team vs Derby this morning

Mastny
Neville Hockenhull Hardley Devine
Svidersky McCann
Wellens Mejbri Stanley
Sotona

Subs: Mee, Hughes, Forson, Haygarth, Shoretire

Strong team from United (Mejbri & Devine dropping down) as the U23s don’t have an official match until 2 March.

Just realized how increasingly irrelevant mourinho's tactics are becoming. Reactive football is a dying breed since teams don't naively commit men forward after scoring

Thing is I just don't get what spurs are tryna do. Are they tryna defend/park the bus? They push a decent number of players forward and they're pretty **** at it. Are they tryna play on the counter? They're playing too many side passes for that. Are they trying to counter press? They have just Moura and Bergwin pressing higher up so it's half assed.

At least with OGS, you see he has the team always set up to play on the break, using the pace of Martial, James, Greenwood and Rashford. Don't get what Mourinho's plan is. Maybe he's really missing Harry Kane...

I just wished they scraped it entirely. In your opinion, which decision was worse? The Lo celso one or the Maguire one?

Today’s was shocking but both were terrible decisions. Maguire kicks out and Lo Celso blatantly stamped on the lad.

I just don’t know how VAR can look at those incidents however many times and not see the violent intent in either?

Just WHAT is the point of anything if they don’t see any wrong on the 43rd look at a blatant stamp on an opponent?

Today’s was shocking but both were terrible decisions. Maguire kicks out and Lo Celso blatantly stamped on the lad.

I just don’t know how VAR can look at those incidents however many times and not see the violent intent in either?

Just WHAT is the point of anything if they don’t see any wrong on the 43rd look at a blatant stamp on an opponent?
thay have come out and said that was human error not var so whats the point

thay have come out and said that was human error not var so whats the point

Madness. Only last month they make a big song and dance about the on-field ref checking the monitor on red card incidents. Yet Oliver completely ignores it.

And don’t get me started on the VAR carnage the Burnley- Bournemouth game.

How anyone can still defend this, like it currently is, is beyond me?

Why can’t we hit the target from round the 18 yard box wasted about 5 good chances now by shocking finishing.

GTFU! Good pass by James and great run by Fernandes! Cool as a cucumber on that Peno :)

Last edited:
Madness. Only last month they make a big song and dance about the on-field ref checking the monitor on red card incidents. Yet Oliver completely ignores it.

And don’t get me started on the VAR carnage the Burnley- Bournemouth game.

How anyone can still defend this, like it currently is, is beyond me?
but now that have come out again and said var did screw up so where do you go with it