The Manchester United Thread

Dean Henderson absolutely top class again
Iv'e seen a lot of keepers get heralded as the next big thing especially English keepers but for me, Deano is the real deal. It's not even a case of coming back and dislodge De Gea or go out on loan one more time. He is good enough now and I wouldn't be surprised if a top club like PSG who are looking for a keeper in the summer picked him up. Or Spurs want to faze out Hugo Lloris now and replace him with Deano. Big mistake giving De gea a contract as he can't be moved as whos gonna pay up him the wages Utd stupidly gave him.

..... Big mistake giving De gea a contract as he can't be moved as whos gonna pay up him the wages Utd stupidly gave him.

You're still talking one of the better goalies in the World mate. He may have dipped the last few years to drop below Alisson/ Neuer standards in the very top bracket. (More in relation to the shambles at Utd around him than anything else I think.). But he's still right up there on the floor just below. If he was to hit the open market, there'd be a good few top teams throwing their hat in the ring. Madrid would drop Courtois in a heartbeat for one.

Form is temporary, class is permanent and all that.

I agree Utd went overboard in making him the highest salaried goalie in the World. But that's the depths they've fallen to and what they have to do to retain/ attract quality now. But extending him had to be done. If only to safeguard themselves.

For what it's worth, I seriously hope he leaves Utd anyway. At least in the interim, the drop-off would be stark in all likelihood. The pressures of playing in Sheffield is a WORLDS apart from the pressure of playing for Utd. Imagine the two howlers Henderson made against us this year happening against us for Utd? He'd be crucified. That's the difference right there in the spotlight.

Interesting fact: we haven't beaten city at Old Trafford in the league since 2015.

We have a better record vs city in recent years at the Etihad for some reason

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1236675545120813057

Your City team to take on United!
?

Ederson, Cancelo, Otamendi, Fernandinho (C), Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, Foden, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero

I'd imagine Scouse is somewhere rooting for united ?

I was last week. This I'm not too ______ either way, to be honest.

Can't lose whoever wins with the league being LONG since done.

I guess a Utd win would be better to hasten the chances of 'officially' clinching at Anfield. The more people that get to experience it live the better.

Defo should of had a Peno on Fred

Literally got in when the second half started so not seen it. VAR?

But I'm past narking about individual VAR decisions. I'm resigned to the fact you'll get F over one week. And then they'll F over the opposition the next.

My remaining hope is a team goes down on a VAR balls-up and a legal challenge comes. That's about the only way out of this **** I can see.

Well Ole knows how to motivate a team and get them on a roll when things are going well.

Fair play to our lads, playing Thursday and today must be difficult but still overcame it.

I was last week. This I'm not too ______ either way, to be honest.

Can't lose whoever wins with the league being LONG since done.

I guess a Utd win would be better to hasten the chances of 'officially' clinching at Anfield. The more people that get to experience it live the better.
I thought you'd be happy at the thought of potentially clinching it at Goodison park (provided city slip up again next week of course)