The Manchester United Thread

I just realized this: win our last 5 fixtures and we're guaranteed top 4 regardless of results elsewhere.

From the embargoed part of Ole presser :)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer increasingly optimistic about Paul Pogba signing a new long term contract at Manchester United | @TelegraphDucker

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Solskjaer on Paul Pogba new deal: "I can't comment on discussions with players, but of course we want to keep the best players around the club”. Man United have opened talks with Raiola to extend Pogba’s contract. He’s waiting for the first bid - not agreed yet but positive

#MUFC #ManUtd

Last edited:
Phil Foden: "Mason Greenwood, the best I've seen finishing wise. He's both-footed in and around the box. He's always going to score." #mulive [pl]

Phil Foden: "How does Greenwood compare to Sergio Agüero finishing wise? High up, especially for his age. He's unbelievable. I don't know how he does it to be honest. It's just the right type of shot — he just knows when to finesse or lace it." #mulive [pl]

Phil Foden: "He [Greenwood] shoots quick. The keeper's never stable or set." #mulive [pl]

Solskjær: "We do have a group that I feel can trust. They look after themselves, they stay together on Zoom calls and WhatsApp groups, and they demand of each other because if one or two let themselves down they let the team down." #mulive [mail]

Solskjær: "I feel very happy with the culture in that group [current #mufc squad]. They're good lads and they're not going to come back 15kg overweight because those days are over." #mulive [mail]

Solskjær: "We want to build a squad for the future and Scott and Nemanja, they're in similar positions but in different stages of their careers - one at the start and one really experienced one. We also need players in that mid-range group." #mulive [sky]

Love what Ole saying in his pressers really is bringing back the right mentality back to the club and especially the players.

Also will be a great summer if we get a CB, RW, Midfilder this summet. Things looking good for next season!!

Love what Ole saying in his pressers really is bringing back the right mentality back to the club and especially the players.

Also will be a great summer if we get a CB, RW, Midfilder this summet. Things looking good for next season!!

Do we think Grealish will be the midfielder or a proper DM? I'd personally love it if Scott became a DM and Matic understudy.

He’s defo signing :)

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...elping-man-utd-to-try-to-get-a-top-four-place

Some quotes, not the full article as linked above
“Just being back training, touching the ball and doing what I love is amazing; I missed it so much,” he declared. “You realise when you’re out for a long time how much you really enjoy playing football and how much you love it. So obviously I’m really, really happy and so blessed to be back and be fully fit now, and I’m enjoying being back with the team."

“I feel great, I feel much, much better now. I’ve been training well and they [the club] have been looking after me very well. I’ve been doing some extra work and treatment on my ankle and the rest of my body. And my team-mates as well, they’ve helped me to come back and feel confident. It’s like I never left, the guys still trust in me and always believe in me and that’s helped me a lot as well.

“From behind I just enjoy it. I’m enjoying just watching Bruno, Rashford, Martial and Mason, who all played the last game, and seeing them score goals. You just keep applauding, it’s beautiful… they make me enjoy football every time!” he beamed.

It couldn’t be much tighter in the table amongst those teams battling for a top-four place, with every game having something riding on it at the moment. But Pogba insists that’s exactly the kind of pressure the players relish.

“To become a top, top team we just need to forget about the last game. We do it, we play well, we do great but then we forget about it and we think about the next one,” he explained. “Take last week, we don’t think about what happened, we are focused on going again. We have to always keep having the goal to improve ourselves and never get satisfied with what we did.

“For example, Martial scored three goals, his first hat-trick, then he goes again, you have to carry on… he wants to take another ball home, you know! [Smiles] You have to have this mentality, score a goal and do it again and again… Bruno, Rashy, Mason… hey if you got two goals, great, but go for three, why not. You have to keep this mentality, keep a clean sheet too… we want to keep working on this and we have the mentality to do it.

“That’s also the mentality of this club, it’s always been like that. We’re never satisfied with one trophy or one game we win or two games or 10 games, you want more, you always want more. That’s what makes Manchester United the biggest club, for me, in England.”

Do we think Grealish will be the midfielder or a proper DM? I'd personally love it if Scott became a DM and Matic understudy.
Ducker, Cooper and the rest all pretty much said the last couple of days have Sancho main target. With the club in talks with Grealish, VDB, Rice, Rodon

Good first signing for the women’s team.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen

It's official: @LucyStan37 is a Red!

#MUWomen

Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Lucy Staniforth on a two-year deal until the end of the 2021/22 season.
The 27-year-old midfielder joins the club following the conclusion of her contract at Birmingham City Women, where she has spent the last two seasons.

Staniforth has made 16 senior appearances for the England women’s national team and was part of the squad for the recent 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup and 2020 SheBelieves Cup.
Lucy Staniforth said: “I’m really happy to have signed with Manchester United; it’s the biggest club in the world and I’m so proud to be part of it. I’ve been impressed with the performances from last season and the club’s future ambitions. I wanted to come here to win trophies and make history with this club, and I’m just excited to get started.”

Casey Stoney said: “I’m thrilled to have Lucy join United; she is a fantastic player who will add great depth to the strong midfield department we have built at the club. Lucy has so much experience in the women’s game, having made her senior debut at 16 years old, and I know she can utilise that experience for us both on and off the pitch.
“We’re really looking forward to working with her ahead of the new season.”

Marcus Rashford strikes again! Not only has he spent lockdown raising money for local children but he has now donated a signed shirt to my club Altrincham FC to help keep them afloat as a thank you after using the Moss Lane ground to get fit ready for the last few games of the season. The bidding for which currently stands at £300 (not a huge amount in Premier League terms but for a non-league club it could mean the difference) the auction ends on the 31 July by which time hopefully Alty will be celebrating a return to the National League. Thank you Rashy !

Just saw on twitter someone say John Moss doesnt deserve to be a premier league ref. Thought I'd see why and its typical of VAR to back their incompetent refs.

Edit: Greenwood is the best young forward since M'bappe someone change my mind I dare ya.

Never a penalty and we've been rather average... however when your winning, things always seem to go well. Sadly for Villa, the opposite is true.

Never a penalty and we've been rather average... however when your winning, things always seem to go well. Sadly for Villa, the opposite is true.
Never a pen but should of defo been a pen on Greenwood earlier. Clear push from behind before he shot! Boy what a player :)