The Manchester United Thread

Really? When I watch Fiorentina, he always seems almost useless. He'll dribble past one player then shoot 5 yards off target. Or pass to no one. He's not even particularity quick. The reported 60m euros for him is way too much in my eyes.
But its hard when you excuse Sancho from that conversation about wingers. And even though Sancho can be frustrating from time to time, I would still pay double the Chiesas reported asking price for him.

Tbh I don't watch a lot of Fiorentina games but the ones I have watched (vs AC Milan back in September, vs Lazio and sampdoria), he's been really good. He's more of a wide playmaker on the right and is very 2 footed. He's not particularly fast but his dribbling ability makes up for it.

He's also 22 so it's possible he's inconsistent.

OMG, yes! Chiesa, for the right price, would be a brilliant signing
Yep also cheaper than Sancho. Good to be exploring backs up just in case but always thought Sancho will end up here. Lot of reports in Spain today we have enquired about Partey. Him, Sancho or Chiesa and Grealish would be a great window with a few youth bought in to bring through

What’s wrong with that. He’s a young lad who tries to create goals and chances and a young one at that who is heavily relied upon at Fiorentina for creativity. Yes he can improve and inconsistency comes from young players who try things. Doesn’t hide the fact he has great potential is quicker than what you think he is and a fantastic dribbler. Be an absolute massive upgrade on anything we have. And in a better team will only improve and especially as he develops and gets older.

What’s wrong with that. He’s a young lad who tries to create goals and chances and a young one at that who is heavily relied upon at Fiorentina for creativity. Yes he can improve and inconsistency comes from young players who try things. Doesn’t hide the fact he has great potential is quicker than what you think he is and a fantastic dribbler. Be an absolute massive upgrade on anything we have. And in a better team will only improve and especially as he develops and gets older.
Because thats what he's going to bring to this United side. He might turn good in next 2-3 years, but he's not the one to close the gap next season.
Yeah, he's better than anyone because United does not have right winger (and I would argue that Chiesa is more of a lw as well, similar to James in that regard), but so would Adama Traore who would cost 3 times less and would have similar impact. Doesnt mean United should buy him.
There's plenty of potential in this United side. Bring someone who will have impact right now. "In a better team he will only improve". Im sorry but United does not have that kind of luxury if they want to challenge for anything meaningful next season. United needs a player who can carry them right now, not the other way.
How quick are defenders in Italy compared with defenders in England? Ash Young is pretty much playing every week and he has no problems with pace. He's 34 btw.
But there's a lack of top wingers willing to come to United. But then again I would much rather have someone like Aouar who's a lot more technical and creative, but question mark can he play on the right.

Because thats what he's going to bring to this United side. He might turn good in next 2-3 years, but he's not the one to close the gap next season.
Yeah, he's better than anyone because United does not have right winger (and I would argue that Chiesa is more of a lw as well, similar to James in that regard), but so would Adama Traore who would cost 3 times less and would have similar impact. Doesnt mean United should buy him.
There's plenty of potential in this United side. Bring someone who will have impact right now. "In a better team he will only improve". Im sorry but United does not have that kind of luxury if they want to challenge for anything meaningful next season. United needs a player who can carry them right now, not the other way.
How quick are defenders in Italy compared with defenders in England? Ash Young is pretty much playing every week and he has no problems with pace. He's 34 btw.
But there's a lack of top wingers willing to come to United. But then again I would much rather have someone like Aouar who's a lot more technical and creative, but question mark can he play on the right.
Think your underating him and the impact he would have on our side. And at the supposed 60m in today’s market it would easily prove worth it. One thing I also seem to see Chiesa get praised for is his fantastic attitude and determination to get stuck in which is a huge plus for me to go with his natural talant. Aouar is a great player but he’s not a winger he’s more an AMC. Your right there isn’t many top wingers out there but Sancho and very closely Chiesa would be top of my list maybe Ferran at Valencia who is a good dribbler and his contract is running down.

Leaked #mufc starting line-up: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Matic, McTominay, Fred, Bruno Fernandes; Greenwood, Martial

Edit: this is now confirmed by MU official site

Last edited: