The Manchester United Thread

To think it will when Sunday's a new game that they have to win regardless is really grasping.

As it happens, they now aren't getting hammered.

I still think something needs to change in the background in regards to conditioning. We seem to have this theme a lot with Ole; a couple of months of breathtaking, high intensity football before hitting a wall. Looked physically suspect vs. Saints, completely jaded vs. Chelsea & simply run off our feet today.

Pulisic is playing really good in last month or so.
This is where depth is important. In United squad there are a lot of youngsters who are inconsistent. And most of them are first team members. You need to have a playing in backup ready to take that position. Competition is good and needed. Who's challenging Rashford or Wan Bissaka? Not to mention that RW is a 18 yo kid ( who is amazing btw and putting historical numbers) who will hit bad patch in form and then there's no one there capable of taking over.
Who's a reserve for Bruno? Matic?.

I still think something needs to change in the background in regards to conditioning. We seem to have this theme a lot with Ole; a couple of months of breathtaking, high intensity football before hitting a wall. Looked physically suspect vs. Saints, completely jaded vs. Chelsea & simply run off our feet today.
No one can do that, thats why Liverpool and City have depth at the bench. Also both of their managers are better than Ole and they are at the top level of management a lot longer so they have much more experience. But Ole is learning, we'll see how much capacity he has. One thing for sure, he did a lot better than any other manager past Ferguson when you think about club structure.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

OGS on Greenwood: "You know when he’s had a good sleep and when he’s stayed up late playing PlayStation. He’s done that today time and again in training. Not surprised when it hits back of the net. You run out of superlatives."

??

No one can do that, thats why Liverpool and City have depth at the bench. Also both of their managers are better than Ole and they are at the top level of management a lot longer so they have much more experience. But Ole is learning, we'll see how much capacity he has. One thing for sure, he did a lot better than any other manager past Ferguson when you think about club structure.

Liverpool? Depth? The thing I associate most with them with is their amazing ability to condition & keep their XI (and in particular, that front 3) fit. They haven't got more depth than United, imo. Huge drop off in quality in their key roles (fbs & front 3). City's, yeah. They had players like Sané who don't get a look in.

I think they just learned to control games for the better when Buvac left & they got fabinho in, with an insane conditioning/medical team.

Liverpool? Depth? The thing I associate most with them with is their amazing ability to condition & keep their XI (and in particular, that front 3) fit. They haven't got more depth than United, imo. Huge drop off in quality in their key roles (fbs & front 3). City's, yeah. They had players like Sané who don't get a look in.

I think they just learned to control games for the better when Buvac left & they got fabinho in, with an insane conditioning/medical team.
I would sooner Shaqiri, Chamberlain, Llalana, Origi, Minamino. Than Lingard, Mata, Periera. They defo have better depth in attacking positions than us.

It's not that they don't have good depth, it's that they have the perfect players for Klopp and his sytem. Transfers done right.
That’s 100% true. This is our problem of having players from 5 different managers with 5 different styles. Ole is on the right track though so let’s see if he gets it right again this window.

That’s 100% true. This is our problem of having players from 5 different managers with 5 different styles. Ole is on the right track though so let’s see if he gets it right again this window.

Now again i'm just being devils advocate but do you think Maguire, James and AWB are his signings rather than Ed's? Personally two of them don't fit the passing possession style it looks like Ole wants more and more.

I like it when you post things like that mate.

It makes being EIGHTEEN points clear of a (madly perceived) far superior City team with 'only ' eleven players sound even more astounding than it already is.

Ta la. :cool:

City and Pep have been an utter disgrace this season, worst title defence ever. They're lucky us, chelsea and spurs are just as **** too or they'd be battling for top 4.

Now again i'm just being devils advocate but do you think Maguire, James and AWB are his signings rather than Ed's? Personally two of them don't fit the passing possession style it looks like Ole wants more and more.

Maguire is good on the ball plus you forget city wanted him.

I like it when you post things like that mate.

It makes being EIGHTEEN points clear of a (madly perceived) far superior City team with 'only ' eleven players sound even more astounding than it already is.

Ta la. :cool:

And it is. It's a freakish achievement. I think Chelsea 14/15 were the only team who had 11 players with 1700+ mins. Would love to check that out for lfc
I would sooner Shaqiri, Chamberlain, Llalana, Origi, Minamino. Than Lingard, Mata, Periera. They defo have better depth in attacking positions than us.

That's a selective comparison mate. McTominay, Fred, Bailly, James, Ighalo, Dalot, TFM etc. are all depth players, and good ones at that. The only problem is some of them (i.e. fred) are momentum players & aren't so good coming out of the cold.

Maguire is good on the ball plus you forget city wanted him.

Maguire’s ball-playing abilities are exaggerated, imo, & his flaws, whilst playing for a top team that concedes space, are gonna continuously be highlighted. Really wish we went for Koulibaly or De Ligt (yes, I know he’s had a rocky first season at Juve) instead.

I wouldn’t be against splashing again for a top CB but I appreciate spending priority.