Goal of the season - Rashford v Chelsea
Jimmy Murphy Young POTY - Elanga
Denzil Haroun Reserve POTY - Garner
Fernandes - First team POTY

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Manchester United

@ManUtd

?

As voted for by you, the fans... Our 2019/20 ??? ???? ????? ?????? ?? ??? ????: @B_Fernandes8

❤️

Ole opening presser:

Donny van de Beek impact
“He’s settled in really well, he’s a smashing boy, great personality coming in with loads of energy and a big smile every day and he played well against Aston Villa so you’re likely to see him, but of course I’m not gonna name the team here today, I’ll have to do that to the boys after training.”

Solskjaer's season hopes
“I think we can go into the new season with confidence with the way we finished last season, that showed what we’re capable of and we developed throughout the season and need to keep on and show potential. We need more consistency but with a year more experience we should be getting that consistency. It’s a group I don’t really want to say what they cannot do, they can go as far as they want themselves.”

Fan frustration on transfers
“Fans will always want the best possible team to watch, the best possible Man United team and that’s the passion we want and the history we have. We can look back 10 or 20 years and you look back at the great players we have and, for me, going forward, since Sir Alex left we’ve been averaging fifth, last season we got third which was a big step forward, everyone saw development, Bruno coming in, Harry being captain and showing leadership skills, Aaron did well, we want to take a step forward and we can go into the new season with confidence but we’re looking to give the group a boost and we’re working on it.”

Solskjaer not happy with Mason Greenwood international involvement
“Yeah, of course I speak to Mason and I’ve spoken to Mason, what we speak about and discuss will be between the two of us. The kid had a fantastic season, he’s just come through, I’ve worked and the club have worked really hard to when we gave Mason enough time on the pitch, exposure in the media, then you come to the end of the season and we’ve had less than two weeks off and he’s called up, I tried my best to give him a rest over the summer, we asked specifically he should have had a rest, he needs it mentally and physically and first thing that happens he’s called up and right there in the press, we’ve done what we can to protect him, I’ve done what I can to help him, when he comes back into the daily routine he’ll be fine.”

Mason Greenwood in contention to feature vs Palace
“Yeah, he’s part of the group. With the testing and COVID protocols, he trained by himself for a little while and as soon as possible he’s a big part of this group, this is where we feels at home, not comfortable, we challenge him, got people looking after him, had a plan with him throughout the season and it worked really well. He needed a rest. I look at the interview and he’s talking about looking at this season when it’s over and it’s first day of new season, he’s an 18-year-old kid who needs managing.”

Goalkeeper dilemma
“I can’t, I’m not gonna tell you the team today but the training, goalkeeper training has been fantastic to watch, so enjoyable, highest possible quality you can imagine, I know goalkeeper coaches are enjoying working with them and the stuff they do, some of the stuff is fantastic and it’s gonna be an interesting, interesting thing for many to follow.

“I know it’s great to see Luis Enrique talk about David the way he did after internationals. Coaches who work with players have got the respect and he shows his respect, when he talks about it’ll be nice if press talk about what a great goalkeeper we have, and it’ll be great if the press write about but Sergio has not come back yet, he’s had some extra time, to write about not problems between the two of them but they’ve worked really well together.”

Midfield selection
“Of course the three of them can start together, you’ve got Scott McTominay, Fred and Nemanja Matic in midfield as well, it’s not just about three players in a squad, I’m sure we’ll see them together, not gonna tell you who it is but Luke and Paul are available for selection for how long.”

What attracted him to Van de Beek
“That was his first goal was for Ajax against Molde. We hadn’t really prepared for him too much because he was one of the young ones. He caught my eye. I saw a brave boy, but also someone who was clever with his movement. That has been his career with Ajax, he has developed and developed.

“I think we needed to add goals from midfield and he is one of those who will give us runs in from behind, and he adds to the squad really nicely.”

Great comments about the fans and transfer frustration. Also bang on about Mason. We spent all year hiding him from the press and then on his first England call up he does a 25 minute press conference. And no one looking out for him while being there. Sounded very confident in more players coming in. Couldn’t stop grinning when asked about Sancho.

Moyes did it with Strootman and Thiago (this was Strootman before his injuries). Thiago was apparently in disbelief when we didn't make a move - he waited, verified again and then moved to Bayern.

Also, there were conversations initiated by Fergie to move on Rooney and get in Lewandowski. We got Fellaini instead.

The appointment of Moyes for 8 months set us back years.

Wow, I had completely forgotten Strootman existed and I used to really rate him at Roma!

Mad how you can forget about players

The only thing that held Martial back before was his attitude, now that's improved nothing can stop him... I just hope he keeps the same attitude and resists injuries. A whole season of Martial could produce frightening numbers.

The only thing that held Martial back before was his attitude, now that's improved nothing can stop him... I just hope he keeps the same attitude and resists injuries. A whole season of Martial could produce frightening numbers.
Also consider he had either Lingard or Pereria playing behind him for half the season. Those numbers are even more impressive ?