The Manchester United Thread

I know it's not likely at all, but i'd love it if we just signed right up the spine of the team. CB, CDM, ST and also a winger.

Niakhate would be interesting buy. Left footed guy who would fit with Maguire. But needs coaching to elevate his game to next level and trust to get playing time.

Exactly. For those on this thread that don't know him, you probably won't find a single highlight of him on YouTube but instead, here's a well written article on what he contributes

He wouldn't be an expensive signing too (around 20-30 million pounds) but with the right coaching, you could make him look like a £50 million defender. These are the type of signings I prefer rather than going for the Jugular (i.e Koulibaly)

Considering Covid and the fact that we do not seem to pick up bargains, no Striker please. We can play Rashford, Martial, Ighalo, Greenwood there, potentially.

RW, CB, CAM first. Then, a LB and striker when we get to it. May not have funds, and those are needed in that priority.

Considering Covid and the fact that we do not seem to pick up bargains, no Striker please. We can play Rashford, Martial, Ighalo, Greenwood there, potentially.

RW, CB, CAM first. Then, a LB and striker when we get to it. May not have funds, and those are needed in that priority.
Think people forget we have potentially 4 strs at the club atm lol. Rashford, Martial, Ighalo, Greenwood. Think people want us to sign a new starting 11.

Think people forget we have potentially 4 strs at the club atm lol. Rashford, Martial, Ighalo, Greenwood. Think people want us to sign a new starting 11.

How long is Igalho gonna be here? and Ole obviously doesn't trust him. Also, how is 4 signings a full new 11? I said CB, CDM, Winger, Striker. That's the least we deserve from them utter cretinous yanks and their rentboy woodward.

How long is Igalho gonna be here? and Ole obviously doesn't trust him. Also, how is 4 signings a full new 11? I said CB, CDM, Winger, Striker. That's the least we deserve from them utter cretinous yanks and their rentboy woodward.
I wasn’t talking about you directly in regards to number of signings. Just the fan base as a whole since the season has finished. Ighalo is here that’s all that matters. And he’s done well when played. But he’s no better than Martial so not been used in the key matches.

I wasn’t talking about you directly in regards to number of signings. Just the fan base as a whole since the season has finished. Ighalo is here that’s all that matters. And he’s done well when played. But he’s no better than Martial so not been used in the key matches.

That's sort of my point, we should be going for players better than the likes of Martial as a striker, better than our wingers, better than our cb's. Instead of just buying squad trash.

3 of the 4 strikers are playing every game. Ighalo is going in January. Unless we get a winger to bench Greenwood we need another striker. And preferably a proper striker that stays in the box and can score. Not a glorified winger. Sometimes you need a different game plan and all of of strikers are too similar.

That's sort of my point, we should be going for players better than the likes of Martial as a striker, better than our wingers, better than our cb's. Instead of just buying squad trash.
Better than Martial lol he’s been arguably the best STR in the league this season.

3 of the 4 strikers are playing every game. Ighalo is going in January. Unless we get a winger to bench Greenwood we need another striker. And preferably a proper striker that stays in the box and can score. Not a glorified winger. Sometimes you need a different game plan and all of of strikers are too similar.
Glorified winger lol I’ve heard it all now. Do Liverpool or City use a different game plan in regards to Strs. Maybe Pool with Origi every now then but that’s no different to Ighalo when needed.

Why, though? Every few posts, people cry out for us not developing players. Yet, at the slightest hint, it becomes buy the best player. And why Martial? Granted, Sevilla game was meh. But before that, all of us were praising at the interplay, quick movements and dribbling.

Also, who exactly is going to fund these? We are struggling to complete Sancho itself, on the outset.

And what player are you going to find that is better than Rashford at Left, Pogba/Bruno in the mid? And where are you going to sell these players and to whom?

A large part of it involves improving the players you have, not going out to buy at every single opportunity. And everyone is saying squad "trash" because bar fatigue and occasional errors, our first 11 is actually pretty good.

Can we improve across areas? Yes. Is it feasible? Not really

Glorified winger lol I’ve heard it all now. Do Liverpool or City use a different game plan in regards to Strs. Maybe Pool with Origi every now then but that’s no different to Ighalo when needed.
And Ighalo has hardly been used. As soon as Sevilla went 2-1 up why wasnt Ighalo on straight away? Why Mata and James before him? The ball to the back post that James didnt even go for, Ighalo would have been all over that as a proper striker.

We wonder why our full backs never cross a ball. Who exactly are they crossing to? Who is the striker in the box that can get a head on a ball or have that instinct? We have one plan. Fast counter attack. If that fails what then? Doesn't matter how many changes you make, if its like for like what exactly is going to happen?

Can hardly use City as an example. Look at their squad and bench. They dont have Mata, James, Lingard and Pereira sat there to come on and change a game. Even we aren't using them because they aren't good enough. City have Aguero and Jesus. They are strikers. Especially Aguero. They have used Sterling up top a few times but they still have, and use, what you would call a proper striker.

And Ighalo has hardly been used. As soon as Sevilla went 2-1 up why wasnt Ighalo on straight away? Why Mata and James before him? The ball to the back post that James didnt even go for, Ighalo would have been all over that as a proper striker.

We wonder why our full backs never cross a ball. Who exactly are they crossing to? Who is the striker in the box that can get a head on a ball or have that instinct? We have one plan. Fast counter attack. If that fails what then? Doesn't matter how many changes you make, if its like for like what exactly is going to happen?

Can hardly use City as an example. Look at their squad and bench. They dont have Mata, James, Lingard and Pereira sat there to come on and change a game. Even we aren't using them because they aren't good enough. City have Aguero and Jesus. They are strikers. Especially Aguero. They have used Sterling up top a few times but they still have, and use, what you would call a proper striker.
So much wrong with this post. We ain’t just a fast counter team at all far from it. But it’s affective against the big teams. I recommend you go back and read my post a couple of pages back from another forum.

Why would we start putting in crosses with Ighalo on he’s not that type of big dominant header of the ball. And never has been played that way.

So much wrong with this post. We ain’t just a fast counter team at all far from it. But it’s affective against the big teams. I recommend you go back and read my post a couple of pages back from another forum.

Why would we start putting in crosses with Ighalo on he’s not that type of big dominant header of the ball. And never has been played that way.
I never said Ighalo was. I said he would have been in on the back post as a proper striker for the chace that James didnt even go for. I said we need a striker that can work in the box and get on the end of crosses to use when we need a different game plan.