The Manchester United Thread

Ahead of who?

Well kind of typifies the problem we have right now doesn't it, our one signing and how we can get him in the team? Either Pogba or bruno deserve to be dropped, it won't send the right message if we don't start VdB next league game. Ole needs to stamp his authority and accept that NO player gets a free ride in the first team.

Well kind of typifies the problem we have right now doesn't it, our one signing and how we can get him in the team? Either Pogba or bruno deserve to be dropped, it won't send the right message if we don't start VdB next league game. Ole needs to stamp his authority and accept that NO player gets a free ride in the first team.
Deserved to be dropped after 1 bad game. There first game back after no pre season and hardly any training. And one only just over COVID. Come on mate Ole would hardly be giving them a free ride. If that’s the case drop everyone then. Not saying VdB shouldn’t start or won’t start for me would be ahead of McTominey. And just because we sign a player doesn’t make him a guaranteed starter.

Luke Shaw says Manchester United need to make more signings before the transfer window closes in just over two weeks.

United suffered a chastening 3-1 defeat at home to Crystal Palace in their season opener and have until October 5 to strengthen until the January transfer window opens.

Donny van de Beek remains the only signing United have made this summer amid protracted negotiations over Jadon Sancho. United are open to reinforcing their defence with a centre-back and a left-back but have prioritised improving their attack this summer, with a right winger earmarked as the priority.

Left-back Shaw was culpable for Andros Townsend's strike at Old Trafford but accepts the United squad has to improve if they are to become a credible force this season.

"As I said, we have a very good group, but personally I think we need more players to strengthen the squad," Shaw told TV2. "It can give us a boost. When you look around at how other teams are strengthening their teams, then we must also do it to keep up with the others."

Was just about to post that TOD! Quite damning on the board when your own players are coming out with that... they need to get their finger out. However I'm slightly worried now will we resort to panic buys as we've left it so late? Right now we need something though desperately.

Was just about to post that TOD! Quite damning on the board when your own players are coming out with that... they need to get their finger out. However I'm slightly worried now will we resort to panic buys as we've left it so late? Right now we need something though desperately.
Won’t be panic buys. Just likely not Oles first choice. Likely 2nd like Telles or Chiesa or Sarr for RW. Will see this week as I don’t doubt there will be movement now to just keep the fan discontent quiet. Maybe up our bud for Basiashille.

Jeaus. Hard to say anyone would get the better of that.

Ststw of both clubs if that happens.

And maybe if Shaw looked at himself in the mirror instead of marking to the press Utd might not have gotten beat yesterday. Gobshite.
So we lost because of Shaw or did you mean to write Linderlof ?

So we lost because of Shaw or did you mean to write Linderlof ?

He was as bad as every other player on the park and culpable for Palaces opener that’s set then on the way.

Point being it’s P poor from him to effectively blame shift away from a P poor performance from he and his teammates.

Look at yourselves instead of wanting more. That’s not your job. Performances are.

Gonna see more and more of this while the Glazers are here. Ole being more and more vocal from the back end of last season. Fernandes mentioned a thin tired squad after the Semi loss. Mitten published an article last week stating that he spoke with many back room staff and there unhappiness at the squad. And now Shaw

Utd will hate the negative press this morning. If it wasn’t going to be bad enough after the result. All the Utd fan journos proper sticking it the Glazers this morning

McTominey was actually good defensively and broke up counter attacks and tracked back well. It’s not his fault Pogba and Bruno were slow on the ball. Something was clearly still effecting Pogba as he looked dead walking off. But if he had not started everyone would of thrown a hissy.
Considering he literally recovered from COVID a week ago and only had 2-3 training sessions, I'm sure fans would've understood benching him. Plus, it's easier to bench him with VDB now lol

He was as bad as every other player on the park and culpable for Palaces opener that’s set then on the way.

Point being it’s P poor from him to effectively blame shift away from a P poor performance from he and his teammates.

Look at yourselves instead of wanting more. That’s not your job. Performances are.

You want to know what's crazy? We conceded a similar type of goal vs Sevilla. It seems like this defence don't know how to defend low crosses. Shaw only started tracking back when it was too late, Lindelof was too passive on Shlupp and Maguire was too slow to cut out the cross (who am I kidding? ?)

Jeaus. Hard to say anyone would get the better of that.

Ststw of both clubs if that happens.

And maybe if Shaw looked at himself in the mirror instead of marking to the press Utd might not have gotten beat yesterday. Gobshite.
Shaw needs to be careful what he wishes for latest rumours appearing are pointing to a deal being agreed with Porto for Telles. Telles comes in Shaw may just find himself getting splinters in his ***.