The Manchester United Thread

If Tuanzebe can stay fit he will slowly become one of the best CBS in Europe over the next year or 2 HUGE potential! It could save the club 50/60m at the same time. And the scary thing is Teden Mengi is actually rated way higher but is 2/3 years younger. Get Tuanzebe and Maguire partnered together theme slowly bring in Mengi to replace Maguire.
He was the star of the show for me. Oh my what a player he will be if he can remain injury free. I've watched him closely before but this game he is already your best CB from what I've seen. Im not even joking. Lindelof and Maguire wish they were as good as him.

He was the star of the show for me. Oh my what a player he will be if he can remain injury free. I've watched him closely before but this game he is already your best CB from what I've seen. Im not even joking. Lindelof and Maguire wish they were as good as him.

He's phenomenal. At around 1.84/1.85 he lacks a little in the air but could be a wonderful partner beside Maguire. They'd complement each others imperfections quite well.

Tuanzebe was a beast! Just needs to remain injury free, and he is a perfect player on the right side of defence. Overall, we were really good again, yesterday. And we look a more functional unit without Pogba in the side, which is good. Don't start him for a few matches, which should give him a kick in the back. He needs to step his game up and stop assuming that he would be an automatic starter (which has been uncontested since he joined). And it seems to have served him well, he has actually been pretty good when brought on (both today and against Newcastle - less showboating and more playing as the situation demands).

Also, this was PSG's first defeat at home in the CL since 2004, I think. Now, I'm more curious how Solskjaer treats Chelsea. I would think a 3 at the back works well, but we don't have Martial for that game, so if Greenwood is fit, he and Rashford would start that. Curious, let's see. Need to pick up a few wins on the trot in the league.

Also, his record against top opposition has always been decent - using our pace to counter when they attack. It's against regular opposition that it comes undone, and where Ole can look shorn of ideas. So, let's see. Hopefully, he proves everyone wrong and we put on a good run of form.

Tuanzebe was a beast! Just needs to remain injury free, and he is a perfect player on the right side of defence. Overall, we were really good again, yesterday. And we look a more functional unit without Pogba in the side, which is good. Don't start him for a few matches, which should give him a kick in the back. He needs to step his game up and stop assuming that he would be an automatic starter (which has been uncontested since he joined). And it seems to have served him well, he has actually been pretty good when brought on (both today and against Newcastle - less showboating and more playing as the situation demands).

Also, this was PSG's first defeat at home in the CL since 2004, I think. Now, I'm more curious how Solskjaer treats Chelsea. I would think a 3 at the back works well, but we don't have Martial for that game, so if Greenwood is fit, he and Rashford would start that. Curious, let's see. Need to pick up a few wins on the trot in the league.

Also, his record against top opposition has always been decent - using our pace to counter when they attack. It's against regular opposition that it comes undone, and where Ole can look shorn of ideas. So, let's see. Hopefully, he proves everyone wrong and we put on a good run of form.
Big month if we can get a win against Chelsea then win our game in hand against Arsenal after that we will be right back up there. Get RB out the way at OT and your pretty much qualified from the group already with 6 from the first 2. Beat Everton the next match and we will be back in the top 4 and in the thick of it.

I know there’s a few ifs in there but Ole loves these big type of games and going on a bit of a run, so not a far stretch either. Cohesion and Fitness mainly fitness was our only issue to our little blip start of the season. In our last two matches we have outrun out pressed out opponents and looked strong at the end of both matches.

Last season squad depth was our main problem. Yes our summer was a bit of a shambles but also went a **** of a long way to addressing that. Look at the performance last night. Then look what Ole could bring off the bench in Pogba, VDB, Matic etc. Then look at the likes of Cavani, Greenwood, Maguire, Bailly who weren’t even in the squad. Ole finally has options again and won’t need to run everyone into the ground.

Im glad he didn’t risk the likes of Bailly, Greenwood, Cavani, Maguire travelling despite most would of been ok to feature according to Ole on MUTV. But saying it’s early in a congested season and will need to mange his players and squad carefully.

Tuanzebe has been brilliant today. I wonder why he doesn't start more often?
The fact he has been injured for 257 days in the last two years may be the reason for not being played. He was starting to get more gameplay before his last injury and is very highly rated at the club but you just can't get game time when you aren't fit. Hopefully now he can get a run of games and has seen the last of his injury bad luck but only time will tell.

The fact he has been injured for 257 days in the last two years may be the reason for not being played. He was starting to get more gameplay before his last injury and is very highly rated at the club but you just can't get game time when you aren't fit. Hopefully now he can get a run of games and has seen the last of his injury bad luck but only time will tell.
Seeing him keep up with Mbappe comfortably for pace last night was a sight to see especially after that lay off.

With result last night if we can get 7 points from our next home game against RB and the 2 fixtures against the Turkish outfit. We will have already qualified before even having to play PSG or RB again.

After re-watching the PSG game, I can see why people don't rate Thomas Tuchel. PSG were anything but compact yesterday and it almost felt like they were always light in midfield in terms of the numbers. The lack of compactness was further highlighted as soon as Pogba came on and started dictating the midfield.

I've always known German managers to be the most tactically astute managers around. Tuchel is clearly not.

After re-watching the PSG game, I can see why people don't rate Thomas Tuchel. PSG were anything but compact yesterday and it almost felt like they were always light in midfield in terms of the numbers. The lack of compactness was further highlighted as soon as Pogba came on and started dictating the midfield.

I've always known German managers to be the most tactically astute managers around. Tuchel is clearly not.
The weird thing was that the midfield they selected should have been one that should have been high on the defensive side of things. Pereira, Gueye and Herrera - can almost call them 'destroyers', definitely more defensive. Should have been using them to cut down passing angle and close players more. Never worked out.

Also, they really missed either of Verratti/Paredes in their midfield, just to dictate and make plays.

The weird thing was that the midfield they selected should have been one that should have been high on the defensive side of things. Pereira, Gueye and Herrera - can almost call them 'destroyers', definitely more defensive. Should have been using them to cut down passing angle and close players more. Never worked out.

Also, they really missed either of Verratti/Paredes in their midfield, just to dictate and make plays.

Their press was often disjointed and somewhat pedestrian at times. Their front 3 barely did any defensive work as well so it made it easier. Herrera looked like a RB at times while Danilo dropped as deep as a CB at times. That pretty much left Gueye outnumbered 2 to 1 at times in the middle (3-1 when pogba came on). Not sure if that's tactical but if it was, that was terrible lol

Statman Dave

@StatmanDave

James Garner’s game by numbers vs. Blackburn last night: 95% pass accuracy 68% of passes forward 3 fouls committed (all in middle third) 2 chances created 2 tackles 2 blocks 1 shot Quality.

?