The Manchester United Thread

Garner made his Forest debut tonight.

From NottinghamforestEvening.news

If Forest fans didn’t know what to expect from the Manchester United loanee before this match, they’ll have a great idea now.

Garner looked composed on the ball, keen to progress forward and switched the play beautifully on several occasions.

He also showed a willingness to get stuck in on his first start, taking some blows in the process, but everything about his debut suggests he’ll be a good signing.

Southampton deserved that, just for that utterly reckless red card challenge that could have been a career breaker for McTominay on another day.

Great win, on to the weekend!

Southampton deserved that, just for that utterly reckless red card challenge that could have been a career breaker for McTominay on another day.

Great win, on to the weekend!
I knew you were Manchester United fan ;)
(just for clarity, its a joke, I know United is playing vs Everton)

Some going that

Defo. You got me curious when you posed the ? so I looked back over our 7plus wins.

Along with the 8 different scorers against Palace in the league back in ‘89, we also had 7 different scorers in a 7-0 in Europe against Finlands Oulu Palloseura back in ‘81. And NINE different goal scorers in the 11- 0 over Norways Stromsgodset back in 1974. Further back we had 7 differnt scorers of rhe 8 goals against TSV Munich in Europe in ‘67. And in all those games bar Palace when John Aldridge came on to score a penalty in his last ever game, the scorers were all from the starting XI

Which all shocked me that it had happened four times in L’pool’s history.

Guessing those are the rarest of rare occasions though as there can’t be many other times when virtually the whole team has scored in a game?

And as to last night, one team losing 9 in two successive seasons must be in with a chance of being a record?

Last edited:
Interesting fact regarding yesterdays game, Manchester Utd became the first team since the Premier League was formed to win 9-0 twice (other game was v Ipswich in '95), whilst Southampton became the first to lose 9-0 twice (other game v Leicester in '19).

Can we all just pause and appreciate Luke Shaw's form this season? It seems like he needs genuine competition to really push him plus I'm pretty sure he's been taking crossing lessons from Telles since he's put in some dimes this season

Can we all just pause and appreciate Luke Shaw's form this season? It seems like he needs genuine competition to really push him plus I'm pretty sure he's been taking crossing lessons from Telles since he's put in some dimes this season
It also helps that he hasn't had any stupid niggling injuries either. I feel he has finally got over that leg break from a few seasons ago. That coupled with Telles has had a positive effect.

Tbh Shaw was consistently good last year but most fans have an agenda against for some reason. But this season he’s surpassed any of his form ever. Atm one of the best LFB in Europe no doubt!

Tbh Shaw was consistently good last year but most fans have an agenda against for some reason. But this season he’s surpassed any of his form ever. Atm one of the best LFB in Europe no doubt!

Prior to this season, he's been a solid defender but very ineffective in the final third. This is the best version of Shaw I've seen at United. Did you also know he's created more chances than any other defender in the pl? Including TAA, Chiwell etc.

Prior to this season, he's been a solid defender but very ineffective in the final third. This is the best version of Shaw I've seen at United. Did you also know he's created more chances than any other defender in the pl? Including TAA, Chiwell etc.

Including either of our FB's in those stats/ that conversation is a futile exercise this season given how limited they've been through injury altering how we play and in Trent's case, COVID fatigue.