The Manchester United Thread

Lol. That will never be the case no matter who’s in charge. One loss under a new manager the knives would be out and calls to suicide direct would go through the roof 🤦🏻‍♂️

It's not one game though is it mate if we're honest? It's three years or so of pretty much nothing. With Utd as far away now from seriously challenging as they were when he took over.

I won't get into it as some here get proper arsey with any perceived negative Utd views that come from a Scouser. But a 24 minute or so segment from one of the few YouTube channels I watch last night, particularly from the Utd fan, completely nails my views (save for the City lad giving the squad more props than I personally see it) from the outside looking in on the complete lack of any progress under the PE Teacher at Utd and why I had you down to finish 5th in our pre-season predictions. (Which I've upgraded to a long distant 4th after the deadline signing of Ronaldo to flat track bully the lesser teams.).

28:06- around 52:52. Good, hard hitting and realistic discussion-

It's not one game though is it mate if we're honest? It's three years or so of pretty much nothing. With Utd as far away now from seriously challenging as they were when he took over.

I won't get into it as some here get proper arsey with any perceived negative Utd views that come from a Scouser. But a 24 minute or so segment from one of the few YouTube channels I watch last night, particularly from the Utd fan, completely nails my views (save for the City lad giving the squad more props than I personally see it) from the outside looking in on the complete lack of any progress under the PE Teacher at Utd and why I had you down to finish 5th in our pre-season predictions. (Which I've upgraded to a long distant 4th after the deadline signing of Ronaldo to flat track bully the lesser teams.).

28:06- around 52:52. Good, hard hitting and realistic discussion-

Yes no silverware last season was disappointing but there was no denying the progress made in the league. And reaching a European final and going late in all the comps. And after a shambles of a window. Not to mention the current away record. Yes you can throw COVID in there but it’s been the same for everyone.

Yes I get people might not think he’s the right man. For me he has to win something this season or seriously challenge. If not he should go,. But he will leave the place/ squad in a much better position than it’s been in since Fergie left.

People might not like his style of play either. Me included at times. Ultimately results is what matters and his win % is actually pretty good and has a cunning knack of going in long winning streaks after a set back.

What I want to see is better in game management throughout the season. If he can’t improve on this with the squad he has no after being backed and provided with the staff members he wanted this summer then it’s time to move on no excuses for him to hide behind now.

U18s currently 4-1 up at HT against Birmingham City in the league cup. Goals from Sam Mather, Manny Norkett with 2 and Alejandro Garnacho with a belter of a free kick. Kobie Mainoo is the best player by far in CM!

Currently 6-2 Garnacho with 2 more for his hat trick. Can see why the Altetico Madrid fans were upset to lose him and the comparison from them with Aguero even down to the hair styles lol.

You know how I feel about Solkjaer but to say we're in the same position as he was when he took over is very reactionary. On paper, we are a much better side compared to the one he took over. The fact that we can get top 4 with individual quality alone over the past couple seasons is very encouraging as I would've never have seen the squad he initially inherited doing that.

If he gets binned, he leaves us in a much better situation compared to his predecessor.

You know how I feel about Solkjaer but to say we're in the same position as he was when he took over is very reactionary. On paper, we are a much better side compared to the one he took over. The fact that we can get top 4 with individual quality alone over the past couple seasons is very encouraging as I would've never have seen the squad he initially inherited doing that.

If he gets binned, he leaves us in a much better situation compared to his predecessor.
Very good balanced post.

If you're saying I'm reacting to Utd being no nearer a serious challenger/ threat than under his predecessor, as I view you, then yes mate, I guess I'm being reactionary. 😉

But I'm not going further as this never ends well. I just thought the segment was interesting and covered everything that irks people coming from me.

Kudos to Jones for coming back from such lows. Always feel him and Evans were unfairly painted as carp and Jones was actually pretty good when he was on the field for Fergie and co. Also kudos to United for actually supporting and extending his contract during his nightmare knee injury crisis. Wouldve been easy to discard him but actually shows there's more to the story then us fans are let on.

Kudos to Jones for coming back from such lows. Always feel him and Evans were unfairly painted as carp and Jones was actually pretty good when he was on the field for Fergie and co. Also kudos to United for actually supporting and extending his contract during his nightmare knee injury crisis. Wouldve been easy to discard him but actually shows there's more to the story then us fans are let on.

Good on him for giving it back to that **** Rio Ferdinand as well

Could you post the article somewhere? Unable to see it

Well don’t to Ole for giving it back to Ferdinand. Who I actually think is a decent pundit but on the few occasions puts his foot in it.

I don't mean to sound like a ****** but his contract should've never been extended regardless. This is a business, not a charity or rehab.

With that said, I felt sorry for him when he apparently refused a testimonial on the basis that he feared no one would attend. That's just sad.

What’s with us this season and conceding deflected goals lol. Played fairly well till now. And would of scored for a Fabianski worksite from Bruno.

I don't mean to sound like a ****** but his contract should've never been extended regardless. This is a business, not a charity or rehab.

With that said, I felt sorry for him when he apparently refused a testimonial on the basis that he feared no one would attend. That's just sad.
Remember this next time you get sick and your company does not fire you. Because its business.

Remember this next time you get sick and your company does not fire you. Because its business.
Well, we do get sick days but I highly doubt they'd still keep me on the payroll if I'm out for a over a year and I'd understand.

The world doesn't owe me understanding so it's every man for himself/herself