The Manchester United Thread

Will be interesting to see how Ole wil cope with pressure and now tacticaly when I would say this summer sees biggest overhall to his first team players if CDM comes in. Sancho, Varane and probably new CDM have not played in PL and take time to adjust + many class players have shown first year might be rocky, added the fact that long season and Euros was behind us.
Yeah, I'm not saying he HAS to win the PL as I've taken into account the first season adjustment period for new signings. Sancho isn't new to the English game but at the same time, he developed his game in German football. Varane, as much as I'm not convinced he's in that "top tier" category is definitely an upgrade on Lindelof. Still, he's played in the premiera division since 18 so new season pains are probably expected. Part of me thinks he might struggle with more physical strikers but he's got pace which is a plus. Tripper would have no issues and whomever this new mid is is likely going to be a foreign import seeing how Rice could be priced out by West ham.

A good PL challenge would be fun but that must be accompanied by some silverware of some kind provided he's been backed as much as speculated.

I was going to admonish you like @Bujakaa92 above.

But then I read the italicised and I need a minute. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What I said wasn't outlandish. Again, provided he gets all his targets, there's no reason we should walk trophyless next season considering Chelsea won the UCL with a similar rebuild. I'd say if he gets Tripper, he'd move to 3 at the back with Varane-Maguire-AWB since Maguire seems to look really good in a 3. That, accompanied with a top class DM that can control a midfield (so not Declan rice) and he virtually has no excuse, depth or otherwise.

What I said wasn't outlandish. Again, provided he gets all his targets, there's no reason we should walk trophyless next season considering Chelsea won the UCL with a similar rebuild. I'd say if he gets Tripper, he'd move to 3 at the back with Varane-Maguire-AWB since Maguire seems to look really good in a 3. That, accompanied with a top class DM that can control a midfield (so not Declan rice) and he virtually has no excuse, depth or otherwise.
How will you then find place for all of your wingers if going 3 at back? Some of them could play as striker but they thrive better as winger.

Doubt he will make this drastic change

Yeah we are not gonna switch to 3 at the back. Ole uses it only against certain opposition for tactical flexibility. Sounds like we will be playing more 433 and the 4231.

A 3-4-3? With our midfielders? I highly doubt it. Maybe, for the more tougher games. Otherwise, I'd think a 4-2-3-1 itself, with maybe a 4-3-3 to change things up (which is what either formation fluctuates into, anyway).

How will you then find place for all of your wingers if going 3 at back? Some of them could play as striker but they thrive better as winger.

Doubt he will make this drastic change
Good point. I was thinking a 3-4-3 but then I realized this would mean benching Bruno lol

Chelsea would have dipped out of the top 4 if Brendan wasn't Brendan. (Which conflicts me as I have to acknowledge they had the best season of any side in Europe last year by winning the biggest prize of all. But I digress .....)

Utd, having their best season since Ferguson hung it up finished a WHOPPING 5 points ahead of a team that had 20 F plus different CH partnerships. That's how good that group is.

It's going to take FAR more than 2 or 3 signings to make up the absolute levels both are behind City and L'pool mate when it even comes to challenging. Let alone thinking about actually winning leagues and EC's again.

As I see it right now, with the addition of Sancho (excellent purchase), and proposed Varane (still can't believe you are about to invest so much into him when he won't have Ramos alongside him but that's by the by)/ Trippier et al, Utd are on a similar level with Leicester who have recruited superbly yet again, and Chelsea who are dealing with a talented but completely unbalanced squad.

When I think of who I'd like to take from Utd who are the equivalent of. or would improve, a fully healthy L'pool squad, it's really limited

Last edited:
Chelsea would have dipped out of the top 4 if Brendan wasn't Brendan. (Which conflicts me as I have to acknowledge they had the best season of any side in Europe last year by winning the biggest prize of all. But I digress .....)

Utd, having their best season since Ferguson hung it up finished a WHOPPING 5 points ahead of a team that had 20 F plus different CH partnerships. That's how good that group is.
Technically, it isn't. Mourinho finished with 81 points.

^^Yeah, I'm pretty sure I recognize that actress. Probably not the best place to catfish but I admire the effort. Kudos lad

Be a good appointment .

Tom Garry
@TomJGarry
Man Utd want Marc Skinner as their new women's team manager - discussions with Orlando Pride are ongoing. Deal's not quite done yet. Skinner is very well thought of after the fantastic job he did while in charge of Birmingham, taking them to the cup final

3 more tweets in the thread.
Just heard @spectator are planning to run a story on me tomorrow about how I have benefitted commercially in the last 18 months…To clarify, I don’t need to partner with brands.
I partner because I want to progress the work I do off the pitch and most of any fee I would receive contributes to that. Last summer, 1.3M children had access to food support, through my relationship with Burberry children have a safe place to be after school where they will be fed, following the November investment vulnerable children have safe places to go this summer holiday, and due to my relationship with Macmillan 80,000 children now have a book to call their own.
Do I have a larger commercial appeal following the u-turns? I’m sure.
But I’m also a Manchester United and England international footballer. Why has there always got to be a motive? Why can’t we just do the right thing? Man shrugging
Ps I actually enjoy reading bits from The Spectator now and again but this is just a none starter…
Have a good night all!

One day, I might actually find out what despicable, right wing POS like Andrew Neil and his publications/ news sites find SO threatening about successful, working class people of colour? And God forbid they have a social conscience and basic human decency to boot …..

Imagine looking at Marcus Rashford (my favourite non-L’pool footballer BTW and its not even close), and thinking he was remotely part of this Country’s problems? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Interesting reading a piece by Ogden yesterday saying United are working on deals for next summer not just this as they are many top targets available on a free.

Then Bild, Soorts Bild and Falk all come out overnight/ this morning saying we have made an offer for Goretzka to join next summer.

Goretzka on a free would be quite a steal, brick wall of a man with excellent passing range and potential 5-10 goals a season from the midfield.

Goretzka on a free would be quite a steal, brick wall of a man with excellent passing range and potential 5-10 goals a season from the midfield.
Yeah would love him. Bayern will have to go crazy with wages to get him to sign

Ethan Laird hopes to be fit by start of the new season but could leave on loan to the Championship this summer #mufc