The Manchester United Thread

What do you mean?

Exactly what I said mate.

I’ll try word this carefully as you've just had another excellent win and are well in a title race nearly a third of the season in.

Prior today, I knew Chelsea had been giving up a lot of big chances like, with a combination of Mendy and poor opposition saving you, but I never realised there was SUCH a difference between goals conceded (4) and expected goals against. (Big chances given up- 11.79.).

7.79 is a MASSIVE swing which totally belies the narrative about a brilliant defence to more one flattering to deceive.

It’s likely not sustainable from Chelsea and you’d expect them to start conceding on a far more regular basis now the better teams are facing them coming up. (Give Ronaldo those chances and he’ll more than likely take them.).

It’ll be interesting ti see how this goes over the next few months but based off that, to me, unless he tweeks something and you get more on the front foot attacking wise, I can see this catching up and you dropping out.

Exactly what I said mate.

I’ll try word this carefully as you've just had another excellent win and are well in a title race nearly a third of the season in.

Prior today, knew Chelsea had been giving up a lot of big chances like, with a combination of Mendy and poor opposition saving you, but I never realised there was SUCH a difference between goals conceded (4) and expected goals against. (Big chances given up- 11.79.).

7.79 is a MASSIVE swing which totally belies the narrative about a brilliant defence to more one flattering to deceive.

It’s likely not sustainable from Chelsea and you’d expect them to start conceding on a far more regular basis now the better teams are facing them coming up. (Give Ronaldo those chances and he’ll mire than likely take them.).

It’ll be interesting ti see how this goes over the next few months but based iff that, to me, unless he tweeks something and you get more in the front foot attacking wise, I can see this catching up and you dropping out.

Point taken to some extent. Although we have already faced nearly all the big teams this season except United. Plus this defensive solidity has been going on since Tuchel came in January. So maybe that metric needs some tweaking and is not capturing everything.

Point taken to some extent. Although we have already faced nearly all the big teams this season except United. Plus this defensive solidity has been going on since Tuchel came in January. So maybe that metric needs some tweaking and is not capturing everything.

We’re struggling defensively down to the next evolution of Klopps side to become more attacking from midfield. Theres been a noticeable shift in both our 8’s pushed 10 yards higher which has lead to bigger gaps the other way and the balance not quite right as they all have to learn everything over again from the press on back. 5/10 yards positional difference doesn’t sound much but it's massive when you’re drilled in an intricate system that relies on players in positions and knowing everyone elses in any given situation. Its a patience thing whilst they get the changes down pat.

But the one thing it has had is the desired effect going forward. We’re creating and scoring at a ridiculous rate.I just don’t get that from Chelsea if teams start taking those chances.

But again, I don’t want that to sound churlish as you’re liable to be top a third into the season.

Just a deeper, bigger picture look at Chelsea from the outside.

You lot should just sack him and get Zidane in. Literally nothing to lose at this point. Might as well give it a go and reassess in the summer.

Is Zidane a quiet ‘yes man’ who wouldn’t rock the boat and stand up to the madness?

Because if he isn’t, like Conte, the Glazers wouldn’t look at him.

We’re struggling defensively down to the next evolution of Klopps side to become more attacking from midfield. Theres been a noticeable shift in both our 8’s pushed 10 yards higher which has lead to bigger gaps the other way and the balance not quite right as they all have to learn everything over again from the press on back. 5/10 yards positional difference doesn’t sound much but it's massive when you’re drilled in an intricate system that relies on players in positions and knowing everyone elses in any given situation. Its a patience thing whilst they get the changes down pat.

But the one thing it has had is the desired effect going forward. We’re creating and scoring at a ridiculous rate.I just don’t get that from Chelsea if teams start taking those chances.

But again, I don’t want that to sound churlish as you’re liable to be top a third into the season.

Just a deeper, bigger picture look at Chelsea from the outside.

Point taken. 4 goals conceded in 12 games means we are on track to break the record for least goals conceded. I definitely dont think we are that good defensively. Will definitely be conceding more as time goes by.

Also just how awful is Maguire? Why does Ole keep defending him and keep him as captain? Hi-fiving him as he walks off the pitch no less?!

Symbolizes everything wrong with Ole really. Indecisive people pleaser and not a top flight manager.

Also just how awful is Maguire? Why does Ole keep defending him and keep him as captain? Hi-fiving him as he walks off the pitch no less?!

Symbolizes everything wrong with Ole really. Indecisive people pleaser and not a top flight manager.

Oh, I could give you 80 million reasons why. And it does symbolise the weak willed PE teacher in a microcosm.

I think folk thought I was trolling when I said he was one of the worst CH’s in the league.

I would hope they no longer think that and can see what everyone not of a United persuasion could see.

Oh, I could give you 80 million reasons why. And it does symbolise the weak willed PE teacher in a microcosm.

I think folk thought I was trolling when I said he was one of the worst CH’s in the league.

I would hope they no longer think that and can see what everyone not of a United persuasion could see.
👉🙂👈against Albania though...

I cant even imagine a player (captain no less!) being able to look Pep/Klopp/Tuchel/Conte in the eye after being sent off with the team 2-1 down and on the verge of a comeback.

I am telling you, might as well get Zidane in. It cant get worse than this.
There's no way in **** with the players like DDG, Varane, Bruno and Ronaldo United isnt challenging. Those four players are among best in their positions, but knowing Glazers they dont care about football or Man United. They are really going to bury the club.