The Manchester United Thread

Sounds like Valverde is main candidate according to Simon Stone. Apparently would be happy for the interim job as he’s done it before and successfully. Also speaks good English.

It’s gonna be an interim. No one wants to do anything till the seasons ended managerial wise.

From the Athletic:

#mufc's five-man shortlist for the interim manager role: Ernesto Valverde, Lucien Favre, Rudi Garcia, Ralf Rangnick and Paulo Fonseca #mulive

Imagine firing a manager mid-season without having replacement already lined up. Woodward you ******* donkey.
I could understand if this were an impromptu sacking after that Liverpool game. Ofc, you can't really be prepared with that.

But grind my gears is we didn't start looking sooner (I thought the reason why OGS still retained his job was to allow us time to find a replacement). But alas, that would've been the sound thing to do but here we are

According to Mittens podcast Murtaugh is really pushing for us to get Ragnick. As they have worked together before and have a great relationship

Hirst - intermediaries involved asked last night PSG if they would let Poch leave now. PSG only willing to consider exit at end of season unless he forces an exit now - Rangnick willing to leave LM but only if he is given a significant role at Utd beyond this season

Would be the dream. So won’t happen lol.

Ed Woodward is an admirer of Ralf Rangnick along with Murtaugh, who would be able to get out of his present contract with relative ease. (@TimesSport) #MUFC

Off topic: idk if Poch isn't ruthless enough or is it just internal politics with Leonardo but I can't believe he never hooked Messi off whom was basically having a stroll for 90 mins.

Off topic: idk if Poch isn't ruthless enough or is it just internal politics with Leonardo but I can't believe he never hooked Messi off whom was basically having a stroll for 90 mins.
There’s no way he would get away with not selecting the big 3. Who have to be the laziest forward line out there tbh. No effort at all unless they have the ball.

Can someone tell me whats so special about Ralf Ragnick? Everyone seems to get their pants wet when talking about him but he sounds like the German Biesla to me.