The Manchester United Thread

What he managed at Bournemouth (despite last season's regelation) could be classed as good but we will see how he does with the new owners at Newcastle at least Lampard or heaven forbid Rooney hasn't been linked to the job (although Rooney has done ok with the situation Derby are in).

I hesitate to give the Saudi ***** any props, but I wonder if they've looked at it, realised they are both heading down and can't attract any bigger name, and have appointed him with a longer term view of coming straight back up next year given his previous for getting out of the lower leagues? (To then probably bin him when they do but that's another story.).

Or am I giving them too much credit?

Norwich have certainly been savvy on the face of it and done that with Dean Smith to allow him a head start in building for that.

I hesitate to give the Saudi ***** any props, but I wonder if they've looked at it, realised they are both heading down and can't attract any bigger name, and have appointed him with a longer term view of coming straight back up next year given his previous for getting out of the lower leagues? (To then probably bin him when they do but that's another story.).

Or am I giving them too much credit?

Norwich have certainly been savvy on the face of it and done that with Dean Smith to allow him a head start in building for that.
You maybe right there Scouse after all which big name would want to go to a club who haven't won all season despite the transfer money that Newcastle have offered. Norwich tried for Lampard to be fair but I think they knew his mind is on bigger fish in terms of jobs so when the chance to get Smith appeared they jumped at it knowing full well the current playing staff aren't ready/aren't good enough for the Premiership and that Smith had shown he can develop young players.

How much does Newcastle’s budget even matter in this day and age though? Players are already getting paid obscene sums so unless they are willing to hand out 20M per year contracts regularly, will be hard for them to attract anyone very good.

Very different situation now versus when Chelsea/City/PSG bought their way to the top.

I think zidane being available makes the poch links credible. They will use Zidane to try and convince Mbappe to sign and for Zidane it will a return home that will make him ready for the France job that he clearly wants after the world cup.

jb8521

@jb_8521

United u19s vs Villarreal Vitek, Jurado, Bennett, Mengi, Hardley, Fernandez, Mainoo, Hansen-Aaroen, Mejbri, Elanga, McNeill Subs: Hanbury, Fredricson, Savage, Oyedele, Mather, Garnacho, Norkett

I think zidane being available makes the poch links credible. They will use Zidane to try and convince Mbappe to sign and for Zidane it will a return home that will make him ready for the France job that he clearly wants after the world cup.

The Qatari's are nuts but this isn't Utd levels of delusion mate.

They known in NO uncertain terms that boats long sailed.

Just clickbait journo's keeping that nonsense going.

The thing is Mbappe seems **** bent on leaving for Real Madrid regardless. Zidane wasn't manager to even suggest he wanted to move just to play under Zidane.

Think the next few games while the manager is replaced will be telling. Especially as to the input Carrick and McKenna had in team selection.

Early team news in DVB starts and Fernandes is dropped. And we are going to a 433

I was waiting for the day Bruno would be dropped for an important game 😂. Time for Donny to shine.

Only down side is Maguire starting.

Did the ****** actually ask him about Utd?

‘Sake. The standard of these clowns pertaining to be ‘journalists’ today.

City- PSG presser. So we’ll go in with something completely unrelated to this game and press conference. 🤦‍♂️

I couldn’t be a manager today. I’d be in a cell every weekend for battering some ******** journalist! 🤬

Maguire starting?! And captain to boot!

The first thing any sensible manager should do is to drop this clown and strip him of the armband.

Maguire starting?! And captain to boot!

The first thing any sensible manager should do is to drop this clown and strip him of the armband.

He needs gone from the club but the ridiculous fee and salary decrees nobody will buy him so they are in a hole of their own making there.

Just drags Varane down as he’s not good enough to carry a ******* sofa on his back for 90 mins.