The Manchester United Thread

They apparently will now have to play a playoff game to qualify.

A playoff to progress to the knockouts in the 3rd tier European competition for small Country's.

If there's ever been anything more Tottenham than that ..... 🤣🤣🤣
A third place finish guarantees a playoff? (Provided Vitesse loses to the same team) That's wholly unnecessary

Why do people forget he was easily one of the best left backs in the league last season? (Made the PL TOTY as well). He simply carried that same form into the euros.

Was there a season last year?

We're defending the league currently aren't we? 😉

I mean you also went through a whole season unbeaten ..... on neutral grounds ..... didn't you?

A third place finish guarantees a playoff? (Provided Vitesse loses to the same team) That's wholly unnecessary

2nd. That was presuming they beat Reine (Sp?) at home the last game I think. I was literally laughing aloud when I heard the bloke on the telly explaining it that it was hard to follow all the gymnastics Tottenham are going through ...... In a third tier tournament. LOL.

Last edited:
They apparently will now have to play a playoff game to qualify.

A playoff to progress to the knockouts in the 3rd tier European competition for small Country's.

If there's ever been anything more Tottenham than that ..... 🤣🤣🤣
I wonder if Conte wishes he had hindsight and waited a couple of weeks before taken the job...

I wonder if Conte wishes he had hindsight and waited a couple of weeks before taken the job...

If he's there this time next season I'll be shocked.

That squad is shockingly poor. He's not turning that around without big investment and they just don't have that.

Yeah if Conte hoped that by going to a smaller club he'll get more cooperation from the board, he's in for a hard landing.

2nd. That was presuming they beat Reine (Sp?) at home the last game I think. I was literally laughing aloud when I heard the bloke on the telly explaining it that it was hard to follow all the gymnastics Tottenham are going through ...... In a third tier tournament. LOL.
Ahh, apparently if they both remain tied, the playoff happens. It's a shame away goals have become a non-factor. Would've been hilarious seeing spurs get knocked out of the group stages in a third tier comp

Murtough rang Rangnick on Sunday for a long chat on possibility of moving to #mufc. It is understood United wanted a coach that was, in essence, perceived to be opposite of Solskjær - ultra-technical and tactical rather than having a focus on motivational aspects. [@TheAthleticUK]

@AdamCrafton_: "The new CEO of #mufc Richard Arnold, doesn't claim to be an expert on the football side of the buisness and he doesn't want to be learning on the job on football recruitment — development side." [YT: @TheAthleticUK]

@AdamCrafton: "He [Richard Arnold] wants to delegate, wants to have the right football people in place at the top and wants to take advice." [YT: @TheAthleticUK]

Arnold was present for Rangnick’s interview but it was left to others like Murtaugh to liaise with agents and focus on the football conversations. Negotiations over salary and what happens post interim term continued and there was significant movement on Wednesday night. [@TheAthleticUK]

This sounds to me Ed is defo off in Jan 🤩

Rangnick is set to meet Solskjær's backroom staff in the next days and assess the shape of his support team - he is also being allowed to add a couple of his own trusted assistants. A video analyst is understood to be one of his requests, which aligns with #mufc's desires. [@TheAthleticUK]

Positive discussions prompted Rangnick to take a flight to England on Tuesday, for face-to-face talks with Murtough, Arnold and Judge in London. Murtough cancelled his plans to attend Villarreal game to deal with the pressing matter at hand of getting Ragnick in #mufc #mujournal [Athletic]

James Ducker

@TelegraphDucker
#MUFC confident of finalising a deal for Rangnick before Sunday’s game at Chelsea. United waiting on Home Office re: work permit application. As such, he won’t be in the dug out v Chelsea. It’s close now to being completed.

James Ducker

@TelegraphDucker

Rangnick already has asked access to United’s training sessions from an array of different camera angles so he can familiarise himself with the players & work before he arrives in bid to hit ground running. Bringing small number of staff with him. Lars Kornetka will be one of those among two others

@AdamCrafton_: "The new CEO of #mufc Richard Arnold, doesn't claim to be an expert on the football side of the buisness and he doesn't want to be learning on the job on football recruitment — development side." [YT: @TheAthleticUK]
Better than Woodward already. He atleast acknowledges he shouldn't be anywhere near footballing decisions besides delegating transfer budgets