The Manchester United Thread

He should do a tweet asking guess which goal got disallowed, by the exact same ref, for the exact same thing, two games in succession within three days of each other-

1709197018193.jpeg

Cavanagh’s like the rest of them. F incompetent to historical levels.

Don’t even nark about them now. Not arsed Cavanagh’s openly said he’s an ex-Utd seasie holder. Not srsed he’s one of many current refs from Greater Manchester. Not arsed we have Tierney again Sat’day with his encyclopaedia of ‘issues’ with L’pool.

It just is what it is with these buffoons. All as bad as each other for everyone.

Some days you get lucky and their incompetence goes in your favour. Other days you get F over.

Most days, you get stunning levels of inconsistency that both go for and against you in the same game like last night and the two highlighted incidents above.

Huge news!!

Manchester United are in the process of negotiating a contract extension with Maya Le Tissier. Proceedings were halted over the uncertainty of Polly Bancroft's future, but now that has been resolved talks are expected to resume [@KathrynBatte via @onlyoneutdclub]

He should do a tweet asking guess which goal got disallowed, by the exact same ref, for the exact same thing, two games in succession within three days of each other-

View attachment 670627

Cavanagh’s like the rest of them. F incompetent to historical levels.

Don’t even nark about them now. Not arsed Cavanagh’s openly said he’s an ex-Utd seasie holder. Not srsed he’s one of many current refs from Greater Manchester. Not arsed we have Tierney again Sat’day with his encyclopaedia of ‘issues’ with L’pool.

It just is what it is with these buffoons. All as bad as each other for everyone.

Some days you get lucky and their incompetence goes in your favour. Other days you get F over.

Most days, you get stunning levels of inconsistency that both go for and against you in the same game like last night and the two highlighted incidents above.
Ironically, we had a similar goal against Villa (Garnacho I think) ruled out for the same reason. So as you said, some days you benefit from these calls, some days, you get ****** over. We’ve basically gone full circle back to the pre-VAR era.

We also had that **** Filipe choke Bruno with zero repercussions while Casemiro got sent off for doing the same thing to Hughes

If Utd could turn up today for once and get something, and not get the 3 or 4 goal walloping you expect, it would be appreciated.

Ta.

I imagine Scouse waking up in the morning, tossing a coin and if it's heads, he decides to be a **** that day. If it's tails, then he'll just be ***.

Well went as expected pretty much. Most probably better than I thought. Wasted to many good chances on the break. And then the gulf in quality was always going to show. Team not good enough. Squad not good enough.

Another **** performance under Skinnar for the women who were playing at the same time. 1-1 draw dog **** performance.

Well went as expected pretty much. Most probably better than I thought. Wasted to many good chances on the break. And then the gulf in quality was always going to show. Team not good enough. Squad not good enough.
At least United scored, didn't expect that at all.

Jean-Claude Blanc on INEOS’ plans for Old Trafford: “At Manchester United we are watching. Old Trafford has been at the forefront for years but others have caught up. Renovation or new Old Trafford? All options are on the table. We see that things are moving a lot. Tottenham have a new stadium, Real Madrid are finishing theirs, Barcelona are working on it, PSG might have one, one day.” #MUFC [
@LaTribune
]

I thought we would score on the break and really should have more Rashford wasted 2 great chances. And Antony had an easy pass to Garnacho who would of been 1on 1 with loads of time

If Utd could turn up today for once and get something, and not get the 3 or 4 goal walloping you expect, it would be appreciated.

Ta.

Ack. They didn’t turn up as expected. Sky will be creaming themselves now building up next Sunday avvy all week.

From UTD’s POV, this is now becoming a win out at all costs scenario with the growing gap to 4th. Utd can’t afford not to be in the expanded CLnext season the state of their finances.

The city fans will be happy to have won but will be disappointed not to have got more goals, one positive I guess. The back up players are either unready to make the step up or just not good enough. Whoever is manager next season is going to have one **** of a tough time as there is no way that the club will be challenging for the top position and top four going on this season's performances is going to be tough.

I also think Ederson was lucky and Rashford should of had a free kick but it’s the Etihad so.
Dont think yous lot even played that badly. Its just that their levels are so far above you that once the equaliser went in it was basically over. I agree with you that Ederson tackle was absolutely reckless and if it was an outfield player regardless of winning the ball you cant fly in like that.

Dont think yous lot even played that badly…
So I only caught the last 20 mins of the game as I had other priorities (as I knew the outcome of the game beforehand so why even bother) but I respectfully disagree. We just parked the bus and “tried” to hit city on the break. When we did get into positions, our forwards have no hold up play whatsoever (this is where I miss Hojlund). I heard Rashford talked up prior to tuning in and I thought he was rubbish (great goal from the highlights btw).

At the end, we’re lucky city didn’t score 3 in the first half alone. It’s a tall ask going to city to beat them. Then when you consider our injury list, the game was simply a procession from my pov

The city fans will be happy to have won but will be disappointed not to have got more goals, one positive I guess. The back up players are either unready to make the step up or just not good enough. Whoever is manager next season is going to have one **** of a tough time as there is no way that the club will be challenging for the top position and top four going on this season's performances is going to be tough.
I said the same thing during that Rangnick era.

So I only caught the last 20 mins of the game as I had other priorities (as I knew the outcome of the game beforehand so why even bother) but I respectfully disagree. We just parked the bus and “tried” to hit city on the break. When we did get into positions, our forwards have no hold up play whatsoever (this is where I miss Hojlund). I heard Rashford talked up prior to tuning in and I thought he was rubbish (great goal from the highlights btw).

At the end, we’re lucky city didn’t score 3 in the first half alone. It’s a tall ask going to city to beat them. Then when you consider our injury list, the game was simply a procession from my pov
I meant in terms of what is available to Ten Hag and what United is capable of doing despite the massive gulf in quality. It was always going to be a tall order.

At least ten Hag tried something different, and not his usual kamikaze tactic. Still, just shows how behind United are.