Portugal8713

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to this, but I am overthrowing the Wenger reign at Arsenal, and bringing back the glory days. I'll be starting up a game with a few leagues, just to keep it competitive, probably just the top 6 or 7 in Europe. Never done a FM story before, so bare with me.

I am actually American, with Portuguese roots, but yeah, most of my friends and family were Ronaldo/Man U bandwagoners, who jumped on the Chelsea/ Mourinho bandwagon...

To Begin, I am slightly leaning towards tracksuit manager, and Arsenal is predicted to get 4th (Wenger's Championship). If I finish 4th this first season. I will never play FM again, you heard it here first. I think with a few quality signings, and removal of deadwood (you know who you are Rosicky, Arteta, etc..) this team can challenge City and Chelsea!View attachment 315885

Last edited:
TacticsView attachment 315882

Team Depth Chart... Lot of weaknesses
View attachment 315881

So my starting budget is
View attachment 315880

The board wanted me to just qualify for Champions League (aka Wenger standards)
I decided not to be bold and go for the title, but I choose the lesser title challenge, but still got a significant amount of money more. That's going to help me.
Now I am going to blaze through pre season, and sell:
For sure: Nacho Monreal, Mikel Arteta, Joel Campbell.
Possibly: Tomas Rosicky, Lukas Podolski, Mathieu Flamini, and Theo Walcott.
I'm buying:
Ball winning solid CM like Khedira
Left fullback
Left winger
center defender(s)

O and sorry I am doing the game in dollars, now you guys know how confused I am when you guys use English Pounds ;)

Well pre season was decent, 3 draws and 2 wins with my unfamilar tactic. Signed the players I needed to strengthen the squad. Still trying to offload some players
View attachment 315847
Sold some scrubs I don't need.
Khedira went to Chelsea, because he asked for like a billion dollars a week, and I ain't about that life as a manager. So I focused on Luiz Gustavo, who is clearly not as good as Khedira, but is still a massive upgrade to flamini and Arteta. Coentrao is my boy from Portugal, and basically I will use him and Gibbs in a rotation, especially since they are both relatively injury prone. Musachio is a young decent center back. He will rotate in for Koscielny/Mertesacker. Coric is some kid my head of youth dev. signed.
Looking for a world class winger (sterling) but I need to sell some players and get the money first, He is going to be massively expensive.
I'm also surprised I got so much for Monreal, he's such a scrub...
preseason friendly results ( i let the am take control on those, not a big fan of friendlies.)
Next up Man City!!!
View attachment 315838

Just got my *** handed to me by Man City, not discouraged though. I really need to sign Sterling now.
I will do another update for the end of the transfer window. BTW I lost 4-1... Don't really want to talk about it, just not a good day in the office for anyone, plus I have a lot of key injuries, like Ramsey and Sanchez.
I also drew Panathinaikos in the ECL

End of August/Transfer window closes.
Review: I am very happy with my results after the thrashing Man City gave me. Put the lads hard at training, and we learned my God Tactic, and now we are reaping the rewards.
View attachment 315770
That is the group I was drawn in. I am pretty confident of finishing on top with at least 12 points. Arsenal also drew Blackburn in the League Cup.
View attachment 315768Not much more happened for me in the transfer window. I didn't get the funds necessary to go after Sterling... Juventus almost signed Cazorla from me, but the deal fell through because they didn't have the funds... Idiots.
I ended up signing Gaitan from Benfica, to fly on my wings. He is no Sterling, but I feel he is still more than capable to help Arsenal to their goals. I needed one more center back, because 3 is not enough for me. I chose Liam Moore, because he is young, English, and has decent potential. Off loaded Coquelin and Podolski. Remind me to sign Lewandowski next season, so he can tear up the EPL!
View attachment 315767
Transfer round up. Chelsea swiped Khedira from under me, You see that correctly! for the first time ever! Arsenal is the biggest spender... Now the pressure is on for me to succeed.
View attachment 315764
Very good start to the season. The team lost some confidence against City in the Community Shield, and I feel that's why we didn't beat Southampton
Next up we traveled to Greece, and dominated the game, but left it somewhat late.
Then away to Crystal Palace, another dominant performance, 2 2nd half goals got the win, CP scored in extra time, but I wasn't worried.
Then the Greeks came to the Emirates, and were completely outclassed in every area, we thoroughly destroyed them and sent them back to Greece, 32 shots total in that game, ridiculous.
Next was Burnley, they scored an own goal, and then scored a goal with their only shot of the game. Welbeck grabbed the game winner early on in the 2nd half, to end a good month for us.
Our first big test of the season comes after the international break. Hopefully we will have better luck against City this time.

Player of the month:
View attachment 315762
Chambo was on an absolute tear, 4 goals and 2 assists, and 2 POM's make him my easy choice at Player of the month. Alexis just came back from injury, but the good thing is Chambo can play in a couple other positions, I'll be riding his form for sure.

EPL standings:

View attachment 315761
lying in 7th because of our goal differential, goals scored will be a problem. I do like Giroud, but he is just not that clinical finisher who is going to put up 30+ per year. Our defense is a little leaky too, I noticed these scrub teams have only a couple shots on target against us per game, so either they are clinical finishers or we have some problems at the back, Defensive training time. Altough I must mention, I lost Sczcesny to injury, and Ospina starts off injured, so Damian Martinez has been in goal for the last 3 games, so maybe that's why every shot on target is a goal? Join me at my next update!
Any comments, or words of encouragement would be great guys.

Last edited:
September is over, and I give myself a grade of B for the month.
View attachment 315745
After the interational break, my team was fully rested and ready to go against Man City at the etihad. Unfortunately we tied 1-1
View attachment 315744

We dominated possessive at the etihad and got a goal near the end. Unfortunately couldn't hold on to it, and the inexperienced Martinez gave up a sloppy one at the end. Not too bad for our first big exam.
Next up, our first European match in which we completely manhandled Leverkusen, the only team in my group that I was slightly worried about, starting off the European campaign the right way.
Back in the EPL we took on Sunderland, and I screwed up the screenshot, but we destroyed them 5-0 as well.
Then in the Capital one cup we beat champioship side Blackburn 3-0, and we play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next in the cup.
Then came our little hiccup against the Villans. Wilshere got injured in the 5th minute, Sanchez picked up a knock in the 30th, and Luiz Gustavo got injured in the 50th, and we never really got going. It was the first non man city match that we didn't have over 60% possession, or over 10 shots total, bad day in the office overall.
Apoel was going to be a tough task as I had a lot of injuries and tired legs, so it was a very rotated squad, and as you can see from the screenshot. IT IS NOT A MIRAGE!!! ABOU DIABY SCORED TO GIVE US THE LEAD!!! and arteta put apoel to the sword, leaving us with the maximum 6 points in the ECL and resting some very key players like Giroud and Ozil

EPL and ECL standings:

View attachment 315746
We are lying in 7th, but I am not too worried yet. we are only 5 points off, and clearly the defensive training helped this month, plus the return of sczcesny for the last match will boost it even more. The goals are also flowing and from a plethora of players. So far everything is going good, of course it could be better, but it could be far worse!

Since i am arsenal i am going to add an end of month injury report to the monthly sections, its only fitting

INJURY REPORT:
Jack Wilshere- 2 weeks
Luiz Gustavo- 2 weeks
Tomas Rosicky-1 week
Alexis Sanches 3-5 days
Theo Walcott- 2 weeks
Serge Gnabry- 2 Weeks
Fabio Coentrao- 1 week

Player of the month:
View attachment 315743View attachment 315742
I couldn't pick one out of the 2 for this month. They were key parts in our wins, with 3 goals, 1 assist, and 1 man of match award.
Well that's all for September. Our next big test comes up against Chelsea!
O and after my thrashing of Sunderland, Gus Poyet was fired, and Martin Jol has taken over for them.

Last edited:
October 2014:
Grade- D+
This month was rather disappointing. Every player except Giroud were asleep this month, and we need to turn it around next month! We are out of the capital one cup after a hard fought battle with Chelsea and going down on PK's

View attachment 315734
View attachment 315733
Our first match of the month, was the next exam. Which we completely dominated Chelsea, but our finishing just wasn't there. Giroud's early goal was bested by a Remy brace, then Cazorla equalized in the 2nd half to end it a 2-2 draw, which we probably should have won given the stats.
Our trip to Leicester was absolutely God awful and shameful. we dominated possession as always, but Leicester just kept catching us sleeping and on the break. I was extremely disappointed and can't believe we lost the 3 points here.
Morale dipped and we had to be at our best to get the draw to Moscow at the emirates. Dominated the match possession wise, but we couldn't get enough shots on target. both goals came at the end of the first half, and led to an uneventful 2nd half.
Our morale is seriously bruised at this point, but beating a very in form Everton at Goodison Park, really helped bring back some confidence to the lads. Giroud took his chances well, and Mertesacker towered over everyone at the death from a corner to make it 3.
Then the capital one cup battle against chelsea came. Wilshere converted a pk early, only to be cancelled out by a Diego Costa 20 minute hat trick, we had no answers and fell asleep for that period. Gaitan pulled one back for us at the end of the first, crucially. Giroud saved us at the end with a big equalizer. In extra time, Walcott limped off with an injury early on, but we were able to hold on, and get into penalties. We lost 5-3 on pks, Chelsea converted all 5, while Musachio missed for the Arsenal, sending us out of the cup.

EPL and ECL standings:
View attachment 315730
Riding high in the ECL with 7 points from 3, another win, should all but seal qualification.
In the EPL we are in 7th still, and 8 points back from Man United. Not extremely alarming, but I am getting a little worried, we need a big November, to get back on track

Injury report!
Alexis Sanchez 2-3 months, with a slipped disc, huge injury...
Mesut Ozil 1 week
Nico Gaitan 1 week
Theo Walcott 1 week

Player of the month:
View attachment 315729
4 goals, an assist, and a man of the match. He was by far the best player this month, although he is still going to have to learn how to pick up the slack when nobody else is firing them in, I guess I can't expect Giroud to do it all on his own.
Thats it for October. Hopefully November will be better!

November:
Grade C+:
This month was decent. We qualified for the first knockout round of the ECL, and we had decent results.

Arsenal- Swansea 1-0
Coentrao sores in the first half, and it was enough, as we controlled the game

CSKA moscow- Arsenal 1-3
Jack Wilshere scores in the first minute of the game, then n the beginning of the 2nd half Cazorla makes it 2, Moscow pulls one back a few minutes later, but Wilshere puts a dagger in it at the end of the match. The game was always under our control.

West Ham - Arsenal 1-1
Chambo scores early on, only to be cancelled out late in the game by a west ham equalizer. Disappointing result that we should have won comfortably

Arsenal - Stoke 5-0
Giroud and Chambo bag a brace, and Arteta converts a pk, to win this won comfortably.

Leverkusen - Arsenal 2-2
Gustavo scores early on, Welbeck scores in the beginning of the 2nd half, only for Leverkusen 2 score 2 quick goals in the end of the game. Lost our focus, should have put that one away!

EPL and ECL standings
View attachment 315704
Although we are in 7th, we are a game back. That win can catapult us into 3rd, and 7 points back from first.
We locked up qualification, but need to secure first place going into the last game of the group stage.

Injury report:
Sanchez- 2 months
Mertesacker- 2 weeks
not bad for Arsenal ;)

Player of the month:
View attachment 315703
There were a number of players that stepped up their game this month, but Giroud still had a slight edge, with 2 goals an assist, and a man of the match.

December:
Grade- A+
we won all our games, and have put ourselves in great position to challenge for the title, and get through the first knockout round.

Arsenal- Man Utd 6-3
View attachment 315702
Dominated possession, and shot totals. I am a little disappointed with letting up 3 goals, but the W is all that really matters I guess, especially against a rival. O and as you can see Giroud scored 4 goals, to begin his rampant month.

Newcastle-Arsenal 0-1
Giroud continues his goal scoring ways, with a cheeky goal in the 2nd half.

Arsenal - Apoel 5-0
Giroud scored 4 first half goals, and Ozil scored early in the 2nd half, to cement first place in the ECL, and get a hopefully decent draw for the first knockout round.

Arsenal - West Brom 3-1
Giroud was given a breather for this game, Welbeck comes in and scores a hat trick in the first 19 minutes. West Brom scores a conselation in the 30th minute, and we control and possess the rest of the game.

Liverpool - Arsenal 0-2 Giroud scores a goal in each half, to continue his rampage, and our Arsenal rampage. Good, big win at Anfield

Arsenal - Tottenham 2-0 (Boxing Day/North London Derby)
View attachment 315701
Ozil in the first, Giroud continues his exciting form and scores in the 2nd, and we control the game. Always good to beat those terrible Spurs (sorry spurs fans).

Q.P.R. - Arsenal 0-2
Cazorla in the 3rd minute, Wilshere converted a 6th minute controversial PK, control the rest of the game, to round off a wonderful and perfect month!

FA Cup Draw- West Brom
ECL First knockout round - Roma, not a bad draw, I am confident we can beat them.

EPL Standings:
View attachment 315700
sitting pretty in 2nd behind man U, 5 points back, but with a game in hand. This month was a win for us, when its usually the begining of Arsenal's demise in past seasons. Top 6 is the expected 6, altough it is a little surprising to see Chelsea in 6th. Ronald Koeman was fired from Southampton this month, and no replacement has been hired yet.
Good to see Giroud leading the goal scoring charts, and Gaitan is near the top of the assist charts (pretty good backup plan for Sterling after all ;))

Injury Report:
Sanchez is out for 2 more weeks
Gaitan is out for a month

Player of the month:
View attachment 315699
It was a good month overall for the team, I got lots of goals and assists all around, a lot of good play from all players all around. But, one player really stood out, and if he keeps it up all season, I'll be spending that money from a world class striker, elsewhere, because this month Giroud showed me that he is in fact capable of being world class. 12 goals, 2 assists, and 4 man of match awards. He is a man on fire, scored in all of the games he played in this month, except the last, but still assisted Cazorla against Q.P.R.
On to the new year then!!!

January:
Grade: B-
we got past the first round of the FA cup, but tied in the next, and have a replay of the tie in Febuary, adding an extra game to an already packed schedule. We have made it to the top of the EPL, albeit its a 3 way tie, and we stand in 3rd on goal differential, it's going to be a 3 way race for the title, and I am happy to say it's not involving Chelsea or Man City, the 2 title favorites. Southampton hired Mancini to get them out of their slump, which he has done with success so far. Now on to our matches.

Southampton - Arsenal 0-2
the day before they hired Mancini, we dominated the match. Jose Fonte received a red card for Souhampton near the end of the first half, Giroud missed the pk. Ozil and Cazorla both bagged bag one each in the 2nd half to give us a comfortable win.

West Brom - Arsenal 0-1 (FA CUP 3rd Round)
Giroud scored a pk in the 38th minute, in a match that we comfortably controlled, missed a lot of chances to go up by more though. Lescott received a red card in the beginning of the 2nd half, and near the end Walcott had to come off injured, and I had no subs left, so the game ended 10 v 10.
We drew Tottenham for the next round, at the Emirates

Hull - Arsenal 0-2
A rotated squad played this one for us. They were not up for it in the first half, and after I aggressively ripped into the squad at half time, none other than DIABY broke the dead lock, followed by Serge Gnabry getting a serious injury, breaking his foot, the youngster is out for the rest of the season, he might be back for the last few games, and Welbeck nailed the coffin in extra time, with a curled effort.

Arsenal - Crystal Palace 1-1
Krohn Delhi converted a pk in the 5th minute, and I had to rip into the team to get them going again, Musachio scored from a corner mid way through the 2nd half, and a controversial offside call near the end on Giroud, meant the game ended 1-1, I won't blame that one call, we should have been able to put more balls in the back of the net.

Burnley - Arsenal 3-1
The return of Sanchez, the first half was a bore fest. 2nd half a lot happened. Sanchez was unfortunate to put the ball in the back of the net in the beginning of the 2nd half... his own net. A few minutes later Koscielny picked up his 2nd yellow card. down to 10 men, we shuffled some players, and in the 69th minute Burnley made it 2-0. Giroud brought us back from the dead in the 79th with a powerful header, only to be disappointed by Burnley in the 85th minute... I took this game as an unfortunate circumstance of events, we picked our heads up and got back to training hard.

Arsenal - Tottenham 2-2 (FA CUP 4th Round)
2 early goals for Giroud and Cazorla, were cancelled out by Yarmolenko in the 43rd minute, that was a devastating end of the half goal, and Soldado made us pay mid way through the 2nd on a mistake. We should have won this game with the possession and shots we took. Now instead we add a big game to our already heavily packed schedule, but I think my team can handle it.
View attachment 315524

Arsenal - Man City 2-1
A huge win against City, and Diaby's last game in an Arsenal shirt, would equal,a great viewing for the fans. Mertesacker scored a powerful header early on to put us up 1-0, in a game we controlled. Sneaky Kun Aguero did what he does best, and scored the equalizer for City in the 65th minute. Then Giroud placed a shot in the back of the net, to put us back on top. The game was then slightly interrupted, as we took off Abou Diaby to a huge standing ovation, as he was leaving for the Russian premier league the next day.
View attachment 315523
Sunderland - Arsenal 0-3
The first half was poor, and after assertively telling the lads to keep their heads up, and the goals will come, they did just that. Chambo and Ramsey put us up 2-0, and Alexis finished the rout with a 3rd, and marked his first goal for The Arsenal finally. This win, and Tottenham's win, along with Man United's loss made it a 3 way tie at the top, and the race for the title, is on!

Transfer News:
In: Kristofer Ajer, I brought the 16 year old in, and loaned him out to Start

Out: Mikel Arteta- for a player who played in 3 or 4 matches, and is making over $100,000, I had to offload him. He went back to Everton for $2.3.

Abou Diaby- Came to me and said he wanted a new challenge... I know he is physically challenged, but didn't know he was mentally challenged. It is what it is though, and I had no intention of offering him a new contract as his was going to be up at the end of the summer, so i made some cash off him this window, instead of letting him go for free. Rubin Kazan paid me $7.5 million for a player who has played in 6 games in the past 2 seasons.

FA Cup 5th round draw-
Stoke - Tottenham or Arsenal

EPL Standings
View attachment 315521
It's a 3 way horse race, but Man City actually beat Everton, so they are only 6 points back. I am enjoying seeing cocky Mourinho's Chelsea lying in 7th, they most likely won't be in the Champions league next season. I am feeling confident. My goal for January was to get ahed in first, but a couple of poor results ruined that, It is only going to get tougher from here on, with the knockout rounds of the ECL and FA cup, but I feel this team can pull through.

Injury Report:
Chambers- 1 week
Wilshere- 2-3 months with damaged achilles tendon
Gnabry- 3 months with a broken foot

Player of the month:
View attachment 315520
Nobody really stood out this month, so I could have picked from a bunch, but 3 assists and a man of match performance for the flying left wingback, was enough for Coentrao to win my player of the month award.
Last but not least I was offered a new contract until 2018 ;)
Well guys, this is my last update for 2014!
Have a happy new year, don't drink too much, remember one at a time ;)
I'll be back at it tomorrow! After Arsenal destroys Southampton!

Last edited:
Great month in December but the loss to Burnley in January let you down a bit..But you're still in the hunt for the title, interesting to see Spurs at the top!

I'm pleased you signed Gaitan, him and Salvio are two of my favourite wingers in Football Manager!

Great month in December but the loss to Burnley in January let you down a bit..But you're still in the hunt for the title, interesting to see Spurs at the top!

I'm pleased you signed Gaitan, him and Salvio are two of my favourite wingers in Football Manager!

Yeah I expected to challenge for the title, but i'm glad to be in the top spot going for it, I think once the schedule picks up in mid Febuary I am going to feel a lot more pressure. Interestingly I lost Gaitan for a few weeks in January, and I noticed that we were drastically weaker on the left wing. It was good for Coentrao to pick up some of the slack, but Gaitan has been one of the signings of the season for sure. I also forgot to mention Chambo won European Golden Boy for the year. Now I think I just need to replace Mertesacker in the back and sign a world class midfielder in the summer, and I'll be a force next season.

Yeah I expected to challenge for the title, but i'm glad to be in the top spot going for it, I think once the schedule picks up in mid Febuary I am going to feel a lot more pressure. Interestingly I lost Gaitan for a few weeks in January, and I noticed that we were drastically weaker on the left wing. It was good for Coentrao to pick up some of the slack, but Gaitan has been one of the signings of the season for sure. I also forgot to mention Chambo won European Golden Boy for the year. Now I think I just need to replace Mertesacker in the back and sign a world class midfielder in the summer, and I'll be a force next season.

A World Class holding Midfielder has been something Arsenal have lacked for years! Just make sure you don't sign Balanta as said Center Back, bit boring! Haha. :)

A World Class holding Midfielder has been something Arsenal have lacked for years! Just make sure you don't sign Balanta as said Center Back, bit boring! Haha. :)

I was thinking most likely bringing in marquinhos, I don't really use a holding midfielder, but I might sell wilshere and buy someone strong for the middle, like strootman etc.
have a good new year!

I was thinking most likely bringing in marquinhos, I don't really use a holding midfielder, but I might sell wilshere and buy someone strong for the middle, like strootman etc.
have a good new year!

Would be a decent signing, both of them!

Happy New Year to you too, have a good one!

Febuary:
Grade: C+
Made it past Totteham in the FA Cup but need another replay in the next round, not good as the games are pouring in now, and extra games mean more fatigue and injuries. The Champions league first leg was not too kind for us. We are in 1st place in the league, but The Spurs have a game in hand.

View attachment 315265
Interesting moves by Manchester United, pretty quiet transfer window in England.

Matches
Tottenham - Arsenal 1-2 (FA CUP 4th Round Replay)
Always good to get a win at White Hart Lane, the fans were pleased! Luis Gustavo scored the opener in a half hour, followed by a Chambo goal near the end of the half. Harry Kane pulled one back at the 45th minute, but we hung on in the 2nd half and grabbed the win.
View attachment 315267

Arsenal - Aston Villa 3-0
Coentrao and Mertasacker put us up 2-0 in the first 13 minutes, and then Coetrao bagged another one in the 52nd minute for an easy home win.

Chelsea - Arsenal 1-0
Never an easy trip to Stamford Bridge, even with them being in poor form this season. Diego Costa scored an early goal, and Hazard missed a pk. We had more possession and more shots, but as we know, the only stat that ultimately matters is the final score... tough loss but not disheartening.
View attachment 315262

Stoke - Arsenal 1-1 (FA Cup 5th Round)
Stoke at Brittania has been a tough place for Arsenal the past few years, and it was no different here, we weren't as dominant on possession as we have been all season, and couldn't finish much either. Van der Wiel put stoke up late in the first half, and Chambo cancelled their goal out a couple minutes later. 2nd half was a boring half. Replay in March at the Emirates, adding another unnecessary game to our packed schedule... hopefully we don't pay the price for all these replays.

Lost Welbeck for the rest of the season to a training injury, torn hamstring...

Arsenal - Leicester 5-0
Giroud broke Gilberto Silva's fastest goal record, by scoring in the 18th second, and that goal was the catalyst to the destruction of Leicester, Gaitan scored at the half hour mark. Gustavo and Coentrao put us up 4-0 before Giroud had to be taken off in the 60th with an injury, after losing welbeck earlier in the week I was worried. Sanchez came on for Giroud and scored a wonder goal a few minutes later, to make it 5-0. Luckily Giroud had a dead leg and was only out for a few days...

Roma - Arsenal 4-2 (First Knockout Round First Leg)
Giroud started on the bench as he wasn't at 100%, Walcott got the start up top.
The old wily veteran Totti put Roma had in the 4th minute. Walcott equalized a few minutes later, and Ozil converted a pk in the dying minutes of the first half. 2nd half was all Roma. Former Arsenal man, Gervinho, equalized at the begining of the half, and Totti put them ahead in the 64th minute, then a late goal by Florenzi made matters worse for us, and Gaitan was injured in extra time, which is a big loss for us. We are losing this tie, but we can turn it around in the 2nd leg, and I do like our 2 away goals. This is also the first game of the season that we did not have over 55% possession!
View attachment 315248

Arsenal - Everton 3-0
After the tough loss in Italy, Everton paid the price, as we were sharp and looking for blood. Giroud scored 2 first half goals, and Walcott scored a goal in the dying minutes of the 2nd half, in a game we absolutely dominated. Manchester United drew and Spurs did not play this weekend, meaning we are alone in first for the time being.

Injury Report:
Alexis Sanchez- 2 weeks
Jack Wilshere- 1 month
Nico Gaitan- 2 weeks
Danny Welbeck- 2 months
Serge Gnabry- 2 months

FA Cup 6th Round Draw:
Stoke or Arsenal vs Everton
Chelsea-Norwich
Wolves-Bournemouth
Hull- Manchester United

Capital One Cup Final:
Chelsea 2-0 Bournemouth
Looks like Mourinho has something to celebrate... haha auto spot in the Europa League, where the cocky ******* belongs... I am probably the only Portuguese person that despises him...

EPL Standings:
View attachment 315236
On top of the league going into March, I would have never predicted this back in September, but we are here, and Man City has been on a tear lately, making it a 4 team race. Stupid Chelsea made it to the EC because of the Capital One Cup victory, Liverpool is looking bad too, I'll be able to grab a star or 2 in the summer if they don't make European soccer. Sunderland and Burnley are all but relegated. West Ham or Crystal Palace will most likely join them in the Championship, speaking of the Championship,Charlton and Leeds are currently leading the way but the top 9 are seperated by 7 points, so that is looking interesting.

Champions League:
View attachment 315234
I guess our result would be considered the biggest surprise, Barcelona not scoring at Schalke is also pretty surprising. Hopefully we can get through this round...

Player of the month:
View attachment 315233
Quickly becoming the signing of the season, I was planning on rotating him and Gibbs, but his form has kept him in for a good run. 3 goals from a left wingback role and 2 man of the match performances makes him the player of the month again. Hopefully he can keep this going!

​Arsenal got crushed by Southampton today, and I am NOT happy...

March:
Grade: C
Knocked out of the FA cup. Not in first anymore, but still challenging. Made it passed Roma in the Champions League. we sorely missed Fabio Coentrao and Nico Gaitan this month!

Head Coach movements:
Sunderland fire Martin Jol, hire Ian Holloway
West Ham fire Sam Alardyce, hire Eddie Howe (AFC Bournemouth's head coach)
Swansea fire Garry Monk, no replacement as of yet.

Matches:
Arsenal - Stoke 1-2 (FA Cup 5th Round Replay)
Giroud scores at the end of the first half. Then in the begiining of the second half Mateo Musachio scores an own goal. Marc Wilson ended our misery in the 111th minute... Knocked out of the FA cup.

Swansea - Arsenal 1-1
Chambo puts us ahead with a long range effort in the 23rd minute, only to be cancelled out by a late first half Swansea goal, no action in the second half.

Arsenal - West Ham 1-0
after 20 off target shots and dominant possession, the first half ended 0-0. The break through finally came from a Kieran Gibbs goal in the 80th minute.

Arsenal - Roma 2-0 (4-4 aggregate we go through on away goals) (Champions league First knockout round, 2nd leg)
I knew our 2 away goals would be crucial, and that they were! Luiz Gustavo put us ahead in the 27th minute. Drama unfolded early in the 2nd half when Luiz Gustavo received his 2nd yellow card, and was sent off. I admit I was worried, but the team performed despite the disadvantage, and Walcott put us into the quarterfinal with a late 2nd half goal!
View attachment 315170

Stoke - Arsenal 1-1
Stoke has become our Achilles heel of late... A dull first half, and an early goal for Stoke in the 2nd half, was cancelled out by A late Chambo goal. Not a very good month for us in the FA Cup and EPL

Injury update:
Serge Gnabry- 4 weeks
Danny Welbeck- 1 month
Jack Wilshere- 1 week
Fabio Coentrao - 1 day

Champions League 1st knockout round results:
View attachment 315169
some big surprises, I guess Real Madrid getting eliminated at home is a big upset, even though it was against Bayern. Dortmund absolutely steamrolled Man City.

Champions League Quarter final results:
Bayern-Barcelona
Arsenal-Juvetus
Dortmund-PSG
Leverkusen-Chelsea
Another Italian draw, and I am feeling confident of making it into the semi finals! Another Bayern draw against Barcelona, also ensures only one of the big 3 will remain in the semi finals!

EPL Standings:
View attachment 315168
Looks like Man City is going to have to accept 4th, and it will be a tight 3 way race for the title. Man United has a slight edge at the moment. Liverpool still sucking, Chelsea is going to push City for 4th. It is starting to look like West Ham will be joining Sunderland and Burnley in the drop.
Charlton looks like they might be the Championship Champions as they have a 6 point lead in first. Watford, Cardiff, Leeds, Nott Forest, and Norwich look like they will be the playoff promotion contenders.

Player of the month:
View attachment 315167
Nobody was really outstanding this month, and nobody necessarily deserved it, but I have to give it to someone. Chambo scored 2 goals, bagged an assist, and a man of the match.

Hopefully we can get some real glory in April!