The Moneybags Chairman Game - Levelling The Playing Field

FM_TNSSO

Reaction score
THE MONEYBAGS CHAIRMAN GAME - LEVELLING THE PLAYING FIELD

EVEN IF YOU HAVE PLAYED A CHAIRMAN GAME BEFORE, PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS FIRST POST ON THE THREAD AS THIS IS VERY DIFFERENT TO ANYTHING BEFORE!

What Is A Chairman Game?

For those who don't know what a Chairman game is, it's essentially a game where 20 people become the chairmen of all the clubs in one league, and they become responsible for setting budgets, changing managers, making key transfers, and managing certain aspects of the club. Everybody who takes part will run their changes through me, I will confirm when/if they are OK and edit them into the game, and then that chairman can announce what they have done in the thread via a "Press Release".

This Year's 2nd Chairman Game

After the success of my Championship Chairman game over the past few months, that has run it's course and I have a new idea for a new chairman game...THE MONEYBAGS CHAIRMAN GAME - LEVELLING THE PLAYING FIELD!!

This game will start in the Italian Serie A. Every club in that league will be given a bank balance at the start of the game by me depending on where they finished in the league last year, and state of the art training/youth facilities! Basically, everyone will start with fixed amount of money and all on a level playing field with facilities! There will be changes as to how business is conducted though as detailed below...

So how does the money work....well if your team finished higher up the league last year, then they start with less money, and if you finished down the bottom then you will start with the most money! Then each season, I will assign a new bank balance each Summer depending on where you finished the season before. This will be set each season as below...

1st/ £30 million
2nd/ £40 million
3rd/ £40 million
4th/ £50 million
5th/ £50 million
6th/ £60 million
7th/ £65 million
8th/ £70 million
9th/ £80 million
10th/ £90 million
11th/ £100 million
12th/ £140 million
13th/ £180 million
14th/ £220 million
15th/ £260 million
16th/ £280 million
17th/ £300 million
18th/ Relegated - May pick another team (if available)
19th/ Relegated - May pick another team (if available)
20th/ Relegated - May pick another team (if available)

This format should mean that we have exciting transfer windows and also means each season should be competitive with the lower down clubs given the bigger opportunity to sign better players to play catch up with the rest of the league! It doesn't matter what your end of season balance finishes up at, as I will be manually setting it to the above each Summer depending on where you finish in the league! I've tried to work it a bit like the American draft system for NBA in that the worst teams get first picks! When picking your team, think about if you'd like to start with the best team but no money, or the worst with loads of cash!

To play, you must meet the following criteria...

1) You MUST have a copy of Football Manager 2019. This is because I will be running my game on so you need the same version to ensure that transfers are done correctly.

2) You MUST be able to regularly come onto this site and check the thread for updates.

3) You MUST contribute. Please don't sign up to play and then never post or respond to anyone's messages...there may be someone on the waiting list who wants to play and will be active!

The Updates

I'll be looking to post updates on the thread regularly as I did with the Championship Chairman Game. During each transfer window, I will announce when the next update will be!

General Rules

1) You may sack your manager after any update. Doing so will require you pay the remainder of their contract in full.

2) Unemployed managers are first come first serve.

If your manager gets sacked - If this happens the owner will get the choice on the next appointment or keeping there current manager. They can't poach another players manager but can buy them similar to a C2C deal if both managers can agree a fee!

3) You can set your transfer & wage budgets to whatever you like, (for your AI manager)

4) Facilities won't need upgrading as you all start with state of the art. Stadiums won't need expanding as we don't need to generate more income in the future!

5) INACTIVITY WARNING
If you go through a whole season without any posts ect for a whole season i will message you before the final table update and a failure to reply will lead to you loosing your team and we'll for a new manager to take you spot

Transfer rules

First of all:
There are 4 different types of signings:

-C2C (Chairman to Chairman): Basically signings between controlled teams.
-TRANSFER: Basically, a signing from any other non C2C club
-EXP: Pre Contracts arranged in January
-FREE; Free signings of unattached players

1) C2C: To sign a player from player controlled team you must contact the Chairman of that club and agree a value with them. Wages don't need to be calculated as it doesn't matter to us in this game as I'm manually changing the budgets each Summer depending on your final league position!

Both Chairmen will then need to PM me with the agreed amount and quote the message showing you have agreed the transfer/loan, and once I have confirmed it then you can announce the transfer.

C2C transfers are unlimited during every window! C2C transfers should be sent in the following format...

Transfer Type - Player - Old Club - New Club - Fee
C2C - Cristiano Ronaldo - Juventus - Napoli - £300 million

2) TRANSFER: I have grouped together the U18, FGN and DOM transfers normally used in a Chairman game, so now you can go for all DOM players or all FGN or all U18 - whatever you want! The ranking of transfers will no longer be done on a basis of where your team finished the year before...instead, transfers will be done on a bidding system with minimum bids required - basically, YOU MUST bid a minimum transfer fee of 2x that player's value! However, your maximum bid can be whatever you want it to be...the highest bid will win that player! Wages will be determined by the editor when I transfer the player as it doesn't matter to us as I'll be manually changing our bank balances at the end of each season anyway so wage budgets don't mean a thing in this game!

I will not be messaging you to let you know if you've been outbid, so it means you need to think about how badly you want a player and how much you are willing to offer to get them as you will be going in blind and won't find out if you've 'won' that player until the end of that transfer window and I announce it!

TRANSFER transfers are limited to five permanent signings EVERY WINDOW (NOT EVERY SEASON)...However, you may send me a MAXIMUM of 7 bids, so if you miss out on 2 players, you will have backups!

The format to send me your bids, needs to come in the order of preference for that player, so bid 6 and 7 are your backups in case you miss out on any of your top 5 targets. See example below of how to send me transfers...

1. TRANSFER - LIONEL MESSI - BARCELONA - £300 MILLION
2. TRANSFER - LUIS SUAREZ - BARCELONA - £250 MILLION
3. TRANSFER - CRISTIANO RONALDO - JUVENTUS - £200 MILLION
and so on....

The total of your 7 bids combined MAY NOT exceed your overall budget! Also, you do not have to send 7 bids, you can just send 1 if you want to! 7 is just the maximum!

If two chairman bid exactly the same amount for the same player, then the one that has them ranked higher in their list will get that player!

If two chairman bid exactly the same amount for the same player and they both have them listed in their rankings the same (eg...both at number 3 and both bid £50 million for the same player), then the preference goes to the chairman who finished LOWEST in the league in the previous season!

3) FREE: As we are not worried about our wage expenditure in this game, there will be no bidding system! Instead, each of you has 1x FREE transfer each season and it's a case of first come, first served! This is the ONLY transfer type that I will let you know if that player has already gone to someone else so you can use the slot on someone else! No need to send me wages offers on these as I'll just let the editor determine it. You just need to send me the name of the player!

4) EXP: January Window contract offers to players who's contract is expiring at the end of that season! This will also be run differently to normal.

Previously, you have sent me your wages offer to that player with the highest offer winning the player, but that will no longer be the case as I found out from using the editor this year, that the maximum salary you can offer any one player is £500k per week.

So again, this will be done on a bidding system. In January each year, you will each be given 20 coins to use to bid on 3 expiring players. You just send me how many coins you want to commit to each player you are going after. EXP deals will see any signed player's salary determined again by the editor when I transfer them as it doesn't really matter to us!

Again, I won't be messaging to tell you if your coin bid has been outbid by another player, so think about it and use your coins wisely. You can spend all 20 on one player or spread them out, and you are allowed a maximum of 3 EXP deals per season! You may not send backups....only 3 bids are allowed!! This is the format to send me your EXP bids...

1. EXP - LIONEL MESSI - BARCELONA - 15 COINS
2. EXP - LUIS SUAREZ - BARCELONA - 3 COINS
3. EXP - CRISTIANO RONALDO - JUVENTUS - 2 COINS

If two chairman bid the same amount of coins for a player, preference will go to the chairman who ranked that transfer highest. Basically, if it was your number 1 pick and you bid 15 coins, you would win the player over another chairman who bid 15 coins but had that player as their 2nd pick.

If two chairman bid exactly the same, so both the same amount of coins and the same ranking, I will give the player to the chairman that finished LOWEST in the league the season before!

YOU MAY ONLY SEND ME A MAXIMUM OF 3 EXP BIDS....NO BACKUPS!! SO AGAIN, THINK ABOUT YOUR TRANSFERS AS YOU MAY MISS OUT!

NOTE: If a player is transfer-listed for a particular value in game or has a release clause, it makes no difference for this particular chairman game and the rules above will apply to ALL players in the game! Basically, you can't get transfer listed players on the cheap in this game!

2ND NOTE: Details of ALL transfer bids from all chairman will be detailed during every window....so you will be able to see which of you bid on different players, how much you each were willing to spend, and who you managed to pinch a player from! Let's get that banter going!!

LOANS

Only C2C LOANS are permitted and you must pay 100% of that players wages to take them! Agree loans amongst yourselves as you do with C2C transfers.

Player Wages

Will be determined by the editor when I transfer players as it doesn't really matter to us during this game.

Transfer Slots

Transfer slots are non transferable between players! You have your maximum of 5 transfers per window and that's it. You cannot buy more slots from other chairman!

Managers

Manager wages will be determined by the game when I transfer them in to your club using the editor.

If you wish to sack your manager, then you will have to pay up to the end of their current contract as compensation. Also, if you hire a manager who is already contracted to another club, then you will have to pay up the rest of their contract as compensation to that club!

If the AI sacks a manager then you will be able to choose a replacement or resign the old manager at the January or summer transfer window.

Current International Managers can not be used

Selling

If you wish to sell players then you need to post them in the thread as available. Other Chairmen can then make offers for them if they wish. If they are not sold to another Chairmen in the league then I will set them as transfer listed in the game, this does not guarantee that they will be sold however.

This could be a good way for the clubs with smaller budgets (after doing well) to sell off players to the MONEYBAGS clubs who did **** the season before to generate funds!

As for picking teams, it's first come first served so please comment with who you want to be and I'll add you in! This table is in order of last season's final standings and the starting balances you will get with each club! I will populate this table with your names as and when you sign up!

TeamBalanceChairman
Juventus
£30 millionTelstar
Napoli
£40 million
Roma£40 million
Inter Milan£50 millionbcfc1
Lazio£50 million
AC Milan£60 milliondporter8999
Atalanta£65 millionLinecoigne1998
Fiorentina£70 millionBenncfc24
Torino£80 milliondwellsnyc
Sampdoria£90 million
Sassuolo£100 millionLiamCFC88
Genoa£140 millionTheNotSoSpecialOne
Chievo£180 million
Udinese£220 millionReifi
Bologna£260 millionWeArePalace
Cagliari£280 millionstonecold
SPAL£300 millionMadmat23
CrotoneUnavailable/RelegatedN/A
Hellas VeronaUnavailable/RelegatedN/A
BeneventoUnavailable/RelegatedN/A

How will it work with me playing???

OK, so I'd obviously like to play the game but appreciate that it's difficult with the bidding system because I will see what you've all bid! Therefore, before each update and I open each transfer window, I will go through and pick my players and make my bids. I will then send them in a message to another player before I open the window to the rest of you....that way, one player will be able to vouch for me in each window that I have not cheated and outbid you after seeing your bids....Hope this makes sense!

PS. That player that I send my bids to can still go after the same players as me if they want to but each window I will try to pick a player who has less money than me so likely unable to compete against me anyway....for EXP deals, I just have to take the risk that we have different targets unfortunately or at least wish to spend out coins in different ways at least!

I will pick my team after we have our first 7 players signed up in the interest of fairness to you guys!

Hopefully, everything above makes sense and you all think it's a good idea?! Be interested to know what you think!!

Last edited:
Juventus

I like it.

Thank you, TheNotSoSpecialOne

Last edited:
Udinese. Great players, great money, amazing.

I'll have Sassuolo, was going to asked for Hellas Verona and then SPAL as they are geographically closest to places I've been but both are unavailable

I love the idea. It should make it very interesting. Can I go for Inter Milan please.

Great idea although I’ll still probably get confused at points by the rules sorry. Could I please have Bologna?

Can I take Fiorentina please?!

Need to improve on my Preston efforts!!

Seven teams available....

Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Torino, Sampdoria, Chievo and Cagliari!

Where's our Championship game champion stonecold?? Lol

I'm going to kick this off tomorrow lunchtime so any other players who want to join you have 24 hours

I'll go Cagliari please

All done mate! Looks like we have a good 11 players to kick us off tomorrow! Still 6 teams available for anyone else who wants in before 12 midday tomoz!

Can not wait for this to start. I have a question about transfers. I have a few players on loan at the club that have optional future fees, am I able to pay this fee for the players or do I have to follow the transfer rules for all the other signings?

Can not wait for this to start. I have a question about transfers. I have a few players on loan at the club that have optional future fees, am I able to pay this fee for the players or do I have to follow the transfer rules for all the other signings?

As chairman we will follow the rules above for every transfer mate so you cannot take advantage of future fees.....however, that doesn't mean that your in game manager won't do it for you