The Moneybags Chairman Game - Levelling The Playing Field

***** PLEASE READ *****

Hi guys,

Just a quick reminder when sending me your transfer bids! ALL OF YOUR BIDS INCLUDING BACKUPS (6&7) MUST BE WITHIN YOUR ENTIRE BUDGET!

You cannot use your budget on your top 5 transfer bids and then have two backups. If you want to have backups, then they must also be within your budget!

So if I have £200 million and want to make 7 bids then here is an example (names have been made up for sake of a quick example)....

1. Steve Rogers - Stoke - £20 million
2. John Smith - Liverpool - £30 million
3. Gary Thomas - Man Utd - £45 million
4. Alex Fred - Barcelona - £35 million
5. Harry King - Bayern - £15 million
6. Glen Singh - Leverkusen - £10 million
7. Emerson - Middlesbrough - £35 million

ALL TRANSFERS COME TO £190 MILLION SO WITHIN THE BUDGET....THE TOP 5 ARE YOUR FIRST CHOICE PICKS BUT IF YOU ARE OUTBID BY ANOTHER CHAIRMAN ON ANY OF THESE THEN YOU MOVE TO OPTION 6, AND THEN OPTION 7 OF YOU ARE OUTBID ON 2 OF YOUR FIRST 5 CHOICES!

Also, as mentioned before, you don't have to make 7 bids....you can make as little as you like but 7 is the maximum! So if you wanted to spend all your budget on one player then you are more than welcome to do that! Hopefully it will all be like water off a ducks back once we've got through a couple of windows.

Hopefully this all makes sense!

Last edited:

Inter Milan Transfer List

LB Kwadwo Asamoah £20 Million
CM Borja Valero £7.5 Million
CM Radja Nainggolan £70 Million SOLD
CM Marcelo Brozovic £60 Million
CM Joao Mario £20 Million
CM Matias Vecino £30 Million
RW Antonio Candreva £30 Million

I am open to any offers for these guys including players coming the other way.

We are in need of attacking midfielders so if you have any of those available for the right price then let me know.

Of course Captain America plays at Stoke. He must be the perfect player for a cold rainy night.:p

AC MILAN

Saremo una squadra di diavoli. I nostri colori saranno il rosso come il fuoco e il nero come la paura che incuteremo agli avversari.

We will be a team of devils. Our colours will be red like fire and black like the fear we will invoke in our opponents.
— 1899, Herbert Kilpin

AC Milan have been taken over by secretive English owner Daniel Porter. In a short statement on the club website, Mr Porter declared "We aim to bring back the pride in a club that has struggled lately, and follow Mr Herbert Kilpin's vision in striking fear into our opponents".
Not many changes are expected during this season, though a few players are up for grabs as the club attempts to slowly change it's side.

Transfer Listed Players:
GK Antonio Donnarumma - Free
RB Igazio Abate - £3m
DM Riccardo Montolivo - Free
AM Hakan Calhanoglu - £15m - SOLD
ST Fabio Borini - £5m

Last edited:
Transfer List

Udinese Transfer List:

Nicolas (GK): 3 Million

Valon Behrami (DM): 1.3 Million

Sandro (DM): 1.2 Million
Valon Behrami

attachment.php

Breaking News at Torino!

A new chairmen has been announced at Torino, as Albus Dumbledore takes charge of the group. In his introductory press conference Albus declared that he was hoping to be able to work some magic with the squad. He will be taking a full assessment of the manager and players to see who might need to move on to accomplish the greater good.

When asked why football? Albus replied: "Well I don't have great luck with rings so I picked at sport that rewarded its' victors with cups instead

Anyone not named Belotti is for sale!

Albus you’ve called this press conference without telling us why. What’s up?

”Well as some of you may know I love borrowing things such as cloaks and I was wondering if any of my counterparts in Serie A have players for borrow or loan I think you say”

SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSED

There were a small number of players that were in high demand amongst our chairman clubs, one of which was RB Leipzig defender, Dayot Upamecano! Sassuolo and Inter Milan both submitted decent bids, but missed out as Cagliari landed the player with a top bid of £25 million!

Pietro Pellegri of Monaco also had some keen interest from both Sassuolo and Torino and this time Sassuolo didn't miss out as they land the promising striker with the highest transfer fee bid of £20 million!

SPAL landed the signature of Ajax duo, Matthijs De Ligt and Donny Van De Beek, beating chairman rivals Atalanta and Fiorentina to their signings!

SPAL also claimed the biggest transfer of the window as they forked out a whopping £110 million to bring in Marco Veratti from PSG! Other notable transfers include the £70 million move of Marco Asensio from Real Madrid to Inter Milan and the £69 million transfer of Jordan Pickford from Everton to Genoa!

Finally, I wasn't necessarily expecting the rankings of our tactics to come into play too often but we have already had a situation where it matters in the very first window. Both Sassuolo and Inter Milan put in £20 million bids for Benfica's Joao Felix, but it's Milan who captured the youngster as they ranked the transfer at number 2 where as Sassuolo had him down as priority number 3!

There was only 1 C2C deal as Udinese captured Radja Nainggolan from Inter Milan for a fee of £70 million!

Here's the details for all your business guys!

AC Milan - dporter8999
Budget £60 million

Transfer Bids;
1. Dario Maresic - Sturm Graz - £12 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Mason Greenwood - Man Utd - £10 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
3. Danilo Cataldi - Lazio - £11.5 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
4. Patrick Schick - Roma - £26.5 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £60 million

Atalanta - Linecoigne1998
Budget £65 million

Manager Change;
Gian Piero Gasperini - Manager Out - £7.5 million compensation
Zinedine Zidane - Manager In - No compensation required

Transfer Bids;
1. Exequiel Palacios - River Plate - £5 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Matthijs De Ligt - Ajax - £35 million - Outbid by SPAL
3. Predrag Rajkovic - Maccabi Tel Aviv - £5 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
4. Gian-Luca Itter - Wolfsburg - £6 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
5. Felix Passlack - Norwich - £6 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £29.5 million

Bologna - WeArePalace
Budget £260 million

No Transfer Business.

Cagliari - stonecold
Budget £280 million

Manager Change;
Rolando Maran - Manager Out - £1.9 million compensation
Antonio Conte - Manager In - No Club - No compensation required

Free Transfer;
Danny

Transfer Bids;
1. D Upamecano - RB Leipzig - £25 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. J Sancho - Dortmund - £57 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
3. K Tierney - Celtic - £35 millon - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
4. B Henrichs - Monaco - £22 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
5. L Cook - Bournemouth - £31 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
6. W Geubbels - Monaco - £5.5 million - Backup Transfer Bid Not Required
7. F Arp - Hamburg - £6 million - Backup Transfer Bid Not Required

Set Manager Transfer Budget to £5 million.

Total Spend £171.9 million

Fiorentina - Benncfc24
Budget £70 million

Transfer Bids;
1. Donny Van de Beek - Ajax - £11 million - Outbid by SPAL
2. Josip Brekalo - Wolfsburg - £10 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
3. Ben Godfrey - Norwich - £8 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
4. Guilherme Arana - Sevilla - £9.4 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
5. Christopher Nkunku - PSG - £7.8 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
6. Jamal Lewis - Norwich - £9.2 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £44.4 million

Genoa - TheNotSoSpecialOne
Budget £140 million

Manager Change;
Cesare Prandelli - Manager Out - £1.7 million compensation
Fatih Terim - Manager In - Galatassaray - £4.1 million compensation

Transfer Bids;
1. Jordan Pickford - Everton - £69 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Fagner - Corinthians - £29 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
3. Everton - Gremio - £35 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £138.8 million

Inter Milan - bcfc1
Budget £50 million

C2C - Sold Nainggolan to Udinese for £70 million

New Budget £120 million

Transfer Bids;
1. Marco Asensio - Real Madrid - £70 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Joao Felix - SLB - £20 million - Player Signed (Joint Highest Bidder But Higher Priority than Sassuolo)
3. Dayot Upamecano - RB Leipzig - £20 million - Outbid By Cagliari
4. Sandro Tonali - Brescia - £5 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
5. Cristian Pavon - Boca - £5 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £100 million

Juventus - Telstar
Budget £30 million

Transfer Bids;
1. Dani Olmo - Dinamo - £23.5 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Pelayo Morillo - Gijon - £300k - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £23.8 million

Sassuolo - LiamCFC88
Budget £100 million

Manager Change;
Roberto De Zerbi - Manager Out - £2.2 million compensation
Rafael Benitez - Newcastle - Manager In - £3.9 million compensation

Transfer Bids;
1. Mikel Oyarzabal - Real Sociedad - £20 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Pietro Pellegri - Monaco - £20 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
3. Joao Felix - SLB - £20 million - Lost out to Inter Milan (Joint Highest Bidder But Lower Priority)
4. Dayot Upamecano - RB Leipzig - £15 million - Outbid by Cagliari
5. Wilmar Barrios - Zenit - £10 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
6. Jerome Ongeune - RB Salzburg - £6 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £62.1 million

SPAL - Madmat23
Budget £300 million

Manager Change;
Leonardo Semplici - Manager Out - £1.6 million compensation
Mario Pelazzi - Manager In - No compensation required

Transfer Bids;
1. Marco Verratti - PSG - £110 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Mathis De Ligt - Ajax - £40 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
3. Donny Van De Beek - Ajax - £25 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
4. Alessandro Flerenzi - Roma - £45 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
5. Emerson - Chelsea - £45 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £266.6 million

Torino - dwellsnyc
Budget £80 million

Transfer Bids;
1. Predrag Rajkovic - Maccabi Tel Aviv - £3 million - Outbid By Atalanta
2. Pietro Pellegri - Monaco - £10 million - Outbid by Sassuolo
3. Jesus Vallejo - Real Madrid - £8 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
4. Frenkie De Jong - Ajax - £25 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
5. Raphael Guerrero - Dortmund - £30 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
6. Juan Miranda - Barcelona - £3 millon - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
7. Thiago Almada - Velez - £2 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £68 million

Udinese - Reifi
Budget £220 million

C2C - Signed Nainggolan from Inter Milan for £70 million

New Budget £150 million

Transfer Bids;
1. Angel Correa - Atletico Madrid - £64 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
2. Adalberto Penaranda - Watford - £32 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)
3. Alex Grimaldo - SLB - £42 million - Player Signed (Highest Bidder)

Total Spend £208 million

I'm gutted to lose out on Upamecano but I can not complain as I got very lucky to get Joao Felix. I will post a proper update either later today or tomorrow.

When will the game be simmed forward?

I'm gutted to lose out on Upamecano but I can not complain as I got very lucky to get Joao Felix. I will post a proper update either later today or tomorrow.

When will the game be simmed forward?

Simming July/August/September now!

The I will leave a couple of days and sim to January on Sunday which will allow press updates to be written and uploaded!

JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER UPDATE

JULY/AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2018 UPDATE

There aren't really any transfer updates as our managers didn't really do any business after our own transfers with most of the Summer business having already been completed before my edit!

SERIE A

Only 6/7 games into the season so still a long way to go, but already Juventus lead the way and are the only side with an unbeaten record even at this early stage! Fiorentina, Inter and Torino all occupy places in the top 6, whilst at the other end it's been a disappointing start for Bologna who are still looking for their first win! SPAL also sit in the bottom 3, despite spending over £250 million in the transfer window!

attachment.php

Unsurprisingly, it is Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) who leads the scoring charts early on! He also has the highest average rating after the opening few games, whilst Inter's Marcelo Brozovic leads the assists league! Fiorentina's keeper Alban Lafont already has 4 clean sheets under his belt!

attachment.php

TIM CUP

All of our chairman sides managed to get through the Third Qualifying Round!

attachment.php

Here's the draw for the 4th Qualifying Round, which keeps all our chairman clubs apart at this stage.

attachment.php

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Juventus, on the other hand, have a tricky group and could be up against it if they don't perform at their best! They beat Spurs away in their opener!

attachment.php

Inter Milan have opened their group with a win over PSV in Holland and are favourites to qualify alongside German giants, Bayern!

attachment.php

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE

AC Milan were thrashed 4-0 at home by Chelsea in their opening group game and the group looks very tough with 4 good sides!

attachment.php

Atalanta also opened their Europa League account with defeat away to Feyenoord! If they perform to their best, they have a group that they're capable of qualifying from though!

attachment.php

Last edited:
OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE

Normally, I wouldn't do an individual 1 month update, but for future reference, I am going to extend the JULY/AUGUST/SEPTEMBER update to the end of October, so that we will have played the opening 9/10/11 games of the season!

SERIE A

Juventus remain unbeaten and already have a 6 point lead at the top. Their nearest pursuers are now Fiorentina and AC Milan! Most of us sit in the bottom half of the table though, despite spending some huge money in the Summer! SPAL have moved up and out of the relegation places. Bologna have their first win on the board but remain in the bottom 3!

attachment.php

TIM CUP

No more games have been played since the last update.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Three games in and Juventus lead the way in their group!

attachment.php

Inter Milan lie 3rd in theirs but on the same points as 1st and 2nd so still all to play for!

attachment.php

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE

AC Milan still seek their first win in this year's competition, but are still very much in with a shout of qualifying if they can pick up a couple of wins from their last 3 games!

attachment.php

Atalanta have given themselves every chance of qualifying for the knockout rounds!

attachment.php

GAME SAVE FILE for your press updates: Moneybags Chairman Save - October 2018

Srry

So, my FM19 is broken, it does this glitch effect every time I open it. If someone could send me the Udinese Stats or has a fix DM me. Thank you.

Juventus_Black_and_White_01.png

"I WIN, YOU LOSE"

"OR YOU LOSE AND I WIN"

Question

Will each update be at 5:00 PM that isn't a transfer window?

Will each update be at 5:00 PM that isn't a transfer window?

No mate. Updates come depending on my work and family schedule....usually I will always announce in a post when the next update will be

attachment.php

Torino having a slightly less magical start than chairman Dumbledore was hoping for.

When asked about how he rated his teams 6th place performance so far he simply responded by saying “This is about as tricky as every flavor beans, with a win or two we could be in the champions league places but with a sour result we could be left glorlyles like a bogey flavored bean.”

This reporter for one never tires of getting to report on Chairman Dumbledores eccentricities, hard you understand as they may be.

JANUARY 2019

MANAGER MOVEMENTS

Atalanta - Sacked Zinedine Zidane - Not yet replaced

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club, then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

SERIE A

Juventus still lead at the half way stage, although Fiorentina have closed the gap on them to only a single point! Inter and AC Milan are both in European qualification spots for now, with Torino, Genoa and Udinese all holding places in the top 10. It's been a disappointing campaign so far for Atalanta who sit just above the relegation spots, whilst SPAL have climbed the league to 12th as their spending spree begins to pay off.

attachment.php

At half way, it's Ronaldo who leads the scoring charts with 15 goals and he also continues to maintain the highest average rating in the league. Miralem Pjanic of Juventus also leads the assists charts with 9, whilst it's the Fiorentina keeper who has kept the most clean sheets with an impressive 11 in 19 games!

attachment.php

TIM CUP

SPAL were the only chairman club who failed to make the 1st round of the competition.

attachment.php

Plenty of chairman vs chairman fixtures thrown up in the 1st round which is always going to be the case!

attachment.php

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Juventus won their group, whilst Inter Milan finished runners up in theirs, so both sides qualify for the knockout stages. Juventus have a pretty straight forward draw against Young Boys, whilst Inter have a tough encounter with Liverpool to overcome!

attachment.php

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE

AC Milan finished runners up to Chelsea in Group I, whilst Atalanta finished top of the pile in Group L. It sees them both enter the knockout stages with Portuguese opposition up next for both!

attachment.php

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOW OPEN UNTIL WEDNESDAY AT 6:00PM!

Here's you budgets...

AC Milan - dporter8999 - £20.9 million
Atalanta - Linecoigne1998 - £45 million
Bologna - WeArePalace - £257.2 million
Cagliari - stonecold - £94 million
Fiorentina - Benncfc24 - £32.5 million
Genoa - TheNotSoSpecialOne - (-£8.1 million)
Inter Milan - bcfc1 - £46.9 million
Juventus - Telstar - (-£46.4 million)
Sassuolo - LiamCFC88 - £19.5 million
SPAL - Madmat23 - £21.7 million
Torino - dwellsnyc - £18.4 million
Udinese - Reifi - £10.3 million

Now, as you did in the Summer, you can make 5 transfers maximum this window and you send them to me in the same format as you did during the Summer window (if you have any money in the bank that is)! Again, you may send up to 7 bids, but remember that the total value of ALL your bids should not exceed your budget!

For those clubs in debt, don't worry too much about it as you'll get your new budgets as per your finishing place in the league this season, so all debts will be cleared and a new budget allocated!

During the January transfer window, we also have the option for EXP bids, where you can go for players who's contracts are expiring at the end of the current season! This will also be run differently to normal.

Previously, you have sent me your wages offer to that player with the highest offer winning the player, but that will no longer be the case as I found out from using the editor this year, that the maximum salary you can offer any one player is £500k per week.

So again, this will be done on a bidding system. In January each year, you will each be given 20 coins to use to bid on 3 expiring players. You just send me how many coins you want to commit to each player you are going after. EXP deals will see any signed player's salary determined again by the editor when I transfer them as it doesn't really matter to us!

Again, I won't be messaging to tell you if your coin bid has been outbid by another player, so think about it and use your coins wisely. You can spend all 20 on one player or spread them out, and you are allowed a maximum of 3 EXP deals per season! You may not send backups....only 3 bids are allowed!! This is the format to send me your EXP bids...

1. EXP - LIONEL MESSI - BARCELONA - 15 COINS
2. EXP - LUIS SUAREZ - BARCELONA - 3 COINS
3. EXP - CRISTIANO RONALDO - JUVENTUS - 2 COINS

If two chairman bid the same amount of coins for a player, preference will go to the chairman who ranked that transfer highest. Basically, if it was your number 1 pick and you bid 15 coins, you would win the player over another chairman who bid 15 coins but had that player as their 2nd pick.

If two chairman bid exactly the same, so both the same amount of coins and the same ranking, I will give the player to the chairman that finished LOWEST in the league the season before!

YOU MAY ONLY SEND ME A MAXIMUM OF 3 EXP BIDS....NO BACKUPS!! SO AGAIN, THINK ABOUT YOUR TRANSFERS AS YOU MAY MISS OUT!

Chairman Save File; Moneybags Chairman Save

All - For this window, I have no money for transfer bids anyway, but have sent my EXP bids to LiamCFC88, so he knows I have not cheated any of you with my bids.