The Moneybags Chairman Game - Levelling The Playing Field

WE'RE UP AND RUNNING

We have a total of 11 chairman registered for the game and I'm prepared to kick this off!

Juventus - Telstar
Inter Milan - bcfc1
AC Milan - dporter8999
Atalanta - Linecoigne1998
Fiorentina - Benncfc24
Sassuolo - LiamCFC88
Genoa - TheNotSoSpecialOne
Udinese - Reifi
Bologna - WeArePalace
Cagliari - stonecold
SPAL - Madmat23

TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN

So we'll run the first Summer window round until Friday evening of this week at 5:00pm, so it will give everyone chance to get their heads around the new system and time to post up your announcement media posts for your clubs!

Your budgets are listed in table at the bottom of the first thread, but as a quick reminder...

Juventus - Telstar - £30 million
Inter Milan - bcfc1 - £50 million
AC Milan - dporter8999 - £60 million
Atalanta - Linecoigne1998 - £65 million
Fiorentina - Benncfc24 - £70 million
Sassuolo - LiamCFC88 - £100 million
Genoa - TheNotSoSpecialOne - £140 million
Udinese - Reifi - £220 million
Bologna - WeArePalace - £260 million
Cagliari - stonecold - £280 million
SPAL - Madmat23 - £300 million

As a reminder, you will obviously be able to carry money over to the January window, but at the end of each season, you will not carry over any funds as you will receive your new budgets as per your finishing position in the Serie A table, so whatever you don't spend you will lose!

SENDING ME YOUR TRANSFERS

As per the rules in the opening post of this thread, we have a new transfer system which is now done based on bidding for players rather than working on a rule of thumb of multiplying the player's value by a certain amount! This means you are no longer GUARANTEED to get the players you want, but instead need to think about how much you are willing to pay to get them!

Also, you will need to rank your transfers up to a maximum of 7, in order of importance to you as this will give you priority if you and another chairman bid the same amount for the same player!

You will be allowed to sign a maximum of 5 players per transfer window and there is no longer restrictions on U18, FGN or DOM! But you may send me 7 bids, so that you have a couple of backups in case you miss out on any of your top 5 targets! However, if you only want to send me 3 bids then you can...the only ruling is that your bids cannot exceed your budget - even if you send me 7 and know you will only get a maximum of 5 players, the bids for all 7 players may not exceed your budget!

Finally, any bid you make for any player must be AT LEAST 2x their value in the game!

So here is an example of how the transfers should be sent (just an example, obviously these values/bids are wrong based on the 2x rule)...

1. Alexandre Lacazette - Arsenal - £40 million
2. Marcos Alonso - Chelsea - £20 million
3. Paul Pogba - Man Utd - £40 million
4. Cristiano Ronaldo - Juventus - £70 million
5. Sergio Busquets - Barcelona - £40 million
6. Iker Casillas - Porto - £10 million
7. Virgil Van Dijk - Liverpool - £30 million

In the event that I receive two bids of the same amount for the same player from 2 different chairman, the one that has them as a higher priority transfer will win this player!

No messages will come back to you to know if your transfer bids have been accepted and instead will just be announced at the end of each transfer window!! So again, it means you need to think about your bids and how badly you want or need a specific player or position covered!!

C2C transfers still work in the same way, although you no longer need to work out and send me the wages as it will be generated by the game! C2C transfers to be send in the following format...

C2C - Cristiano Ronaldo - Juventus - Napoli - £60 million

FREE transfers - there is also no need for salary! Just send me the player you want to sign and I will let the editor determine their salary! FREE transfers are now done on a first come first served basis! You only get 1 FREE transfer per season now!!

EXP transfers we'll go through in the January window, but you can refer to the opening post on the thread where it is detailed how these will work!

Manager changes still work in the same way. You pay up your manager's contract if you want to sack him and you pay up the new manager's contract if taking him from another club! Send me the details with compensation worked out if you are changing manager as you always have before.

Facility Upgrades - Not required in this chairman save as everyone has been given state of the art facilities across the board at the start to ensure we are all on a level playing field. This includes the non chairman sides too! Stadium capacity increases are at a cost of £2 million per 1,000 seats. You may upgrade your stadium by a maximum of 5,000 seats per season!

GAME SAVE: Moneybags Chairman Save

All - For this window, I have sent my transfer bids to Telstar, so he knows I have not cheated any of you with my bids.

attachment.php

New ownership in Milan

View attachment 10284

In a stunning coup, Javier Zanetti has taken over at Inter Milan and kicked out the previous Chinese owners. The move has hopefully united the fans who will now hope to see the club come together to challenge for the top of the table. Zanetti has already come out with the following statement.

“The target of this club should always be to challenge for the league title and to do our best in the Champions League as well. We will be looking to back our current manager, Luciano Spalletti, in the transfer window as we look to bring in some players to freshen the squad.”

On the same day, the club also announced the following transfer list.

LB Kwadwo Asamoah £20 Million
CM Borja Valero £7.5 Million
CM Radja Nainggolan £70 Million
CM Marcelo Brozovic £60 Million
CM Joao Mario £20 Million
CM Matias Vecino £30 Million
RW Antonio Candreva £30 Million

I am open to any offers for these guys including players coming the other way.

We are in need of attacking midfielders so if you have any of those available for the right price then let me know.

Juventus_Black_and_White_01.png

Banana

Bananana

Banananananana

BATMAN!!!!

*A man wearing a leather costume comes out*

"I AM JUSTICE!"

Italian Businessman Giovanni Ferrero takes control of Udinese FC.
attachment.php

People say Giovanni made this move to invest in the ever-growing Serie A. Sources also say Ferrero pumped 220 Million into the transfer budget. "I'm gonna take this club to glory, we're gonna make the transfers needed, it might take awhile, but we will dominate Italian football" said Giovanni. We will have to wait and see what exactly this brings.

Last edited:
Karl Pilkington Takes Over at Genoa

kp_karl_pilkington.jpg

Karl Pilkington was today introduced to the media as the owner of Genoa in the Italian Serie A. It was a rather strange press conference with Pilkington sitting there with a vague expression and gormless look upon his face for most of the interview!

With Pilkington not renowned for his football support or knowledge, he was asked by one reporter "What's your views on football Karl?", to which he responded "Well it's simple init, you get the ball, you pass the ball and you score a goal".

Pilkington is believed to have made fortunes off the back of his TV shows and podcasts with long time friends Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant and it is reported that he has pumped a whopping £140 million into the Italian club, so it would seem he means business....either that or he really is just that thick that he doesn't know what to do with his money!

There are strong rumours that he has received some financial backing in the background from Gervais, although he was not present at the interview and when asked of his involvement, Pilkington just responded with a quick "I'm the boss here and I'll make the decisions I promise you that".

One thing's for sure, with massive amounts of money flying about, it could be an exciting time for Genoa fans who will be looking to their team to move on to the next level...that is if Pilkington spends the money wisely (over which there are major doubts - major doubts that he has any idea what he's doing at all)!

attachment.php

Change at Sassuolo

Taking over the Neroverdi is world renowned Italian businessman and entrepreneur is Giorgio Armani. He has stated he wants to add to his family portfolio whilst bringing some pride back to Italian football. When questioned over why Sassuolo was the best club to achieve his goals he responded "We needed a club which fit our brand. Stylish, modern and passionate. Sassuolo fulfills those requirements and I am very excited to see where we can take this team"

The Armani group have also taken this opportunity to redesign the clubs attire

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It is widely expected that a new management team will be brought in under the Armani regime with the club aiming to push up the league table.

The Armani group spokesperson also commented on the new ownership of the club "We want to develop this club, Italian football was the pinnacle of world football in the past. It has now fallen and we see it as our duty to renew it's glory. We believe we can make Sassuolo the Pride of Italy.

attachment.php

An update over the management of the club plus transfer ambitions is expected shortly.

Last edited:
Anyone know why images are showing as attachments rather than in the thread?

A new start for Fiorentina

A new Chairman take over the reigns at Fiorentina hoping to take them to the top and dominate Italian football. It has been 50 years this year that they last won Serie A, Now is the time to change that.

European Football has been missing for a few season too, with the new chairman looking to qualify for Europe this season.

Younger winger Federico Chiesa could be crucial to the plans, with the 20 year old wonderkid holding the hopes for this team. Along with former Aston Villa midfielder (Wasn't good for them) Jordan Vertout also an important player for this team.

With a reported 70m to invest in the squad, the finances are there to push this team to the next level once again.

Anyone know why images are showing as attachments rather than in the thread?

FM Base has gone all weird over posting images over the past few weeks and I've had to start doing mine through imgur and uploading them as direct links to get them to show up now!

thanks, will fix my post.

The attachments are not the worst thing in the world mate. Just not sure why FM Base has obviously changed something so images don't show up anymore

Just a quick question, can we buy for Serie A players from a team without a chairman as normal players?

Just a quick question, can we buy for Serie A players from a team without a chairman as normal players?

Of course mate....using the bidding system your bid must be at least 2x the players value

*The man in leather suit took of his mask and said*

"I AM NOT JUST BATMAN, BUT.."

*He continued speaking whilst completely taking off his leather suit*

"WE ARE JUVENTUS"

"Now, after taking the leather costume off and throwing it on the press rooms floor, it revealed two naked midgets, one standing on top of the other. Top ones balls were lying on the a bit larger but shorter ones hair, but he did not seem to mind it, but enjoy it."

*The man in leather suit took of his mask and said*

"I AM NOT JUST BATMAN, BUT.."

*He continued speaking whilst completely taking off his leather suit*

"WE ARE JUVENTUS"

"Now, after taking the leather costume off and throwing it on the press rooms floor, it revealed two naked midgets, one standing on top of the other. Top ones balls were lying on the a bit larger but shorter ones hair, but he did not seem to mind it, but enjoy it."

One of the only chairman press updates that's ever made me laugh out loud!! Well played!!

NEW OWNERS AT BOLOGNA
attachment.php

Bologna have today announced that they've been taken over and the club has a new owner, and with great excitement it was revealed as Italy legend Roberto Baggio mid week. Baggio has reportedly put a huge transfer budget to spend for the club in order to match it's high aspirations at the club. The club will shortly release its preliminary transfer list, with Baggio said to want to sell a number of players which he feel are surplus to requirements.

attachment.php

Shock new owner at Atalanta!

attachment.php

Despite showing interest in Crystal Palace a few years ago, Virgin CEO Richard Branson has decided to take his business to the North of Italy in Bergamo as the British business man has bought Atalanta, a shock move for many.

Branson mentioned he always wanted a part in a football club and when he found out that almost half of the clubs in Italy were for sale, he went for a club he thought was one of the more exciting teams in recent years. With the downfall of teams like Inter and AC Milan, Atalanta have been able to step up and challenge for Champions League football, something which he definitely wants to do in the next few seasons if he can. It is said that Branson has used up £65 million to bring in a heap of new players, as well as bring in a new manager who he believe will be the best to take the club forward.

Branson also announced on behalf of his manager that the following players were available:

Hans Hateboer - right back - available for £12 million

Matteo Pessina - centre midfielder - available for £3 million

Pierluigi Gollini - goalkeeper - available for £4 million

Andreas Cornelius - striker - available for £10 million

Andre Masiello - centre back - available for £5 million

BAGGIO RELEASES BOLOGNA TRANSFER LIST
Roberto Baggio has today released his preliminary transfer list of players which he doesn't want. He is supposedly open to negotiation for all listings. He is also open for sales of other players, however it should be noted that they will likely cost more than they are valued, unlike the players listed below.

Angelo Da Costa, GK, 34 yrs old, 275k (Valued at 775k) - Reliable back-up for a cheap price.
Giancarlo Gonzalez, CB, 30 yrs old, 2.5m (Valued at 3.2m) - Good starting CB for lower half clubs, still has some good years in him.
Nehuen Paz, CB, 25 yrs old, 1m (Valued at 1.9m) - Reliable back-up with a bit of room to develop.
Blerim Dzemaili, CM, 32 yrs old, 1.5m (Valued at 2.6m) - Good CM who is a starter but aging for me. Could be a key player for a lower side.
Rodrigo Palacio, ST, 36 yrs old, 100k (Valued at 425k) - Ancient Serie A striker still with good ability, could be a great mentor for younger players.
Federico Santander, ST, 27 yrs old, 5m (Valued at 6.25m) - Good ST for most sides in the division, just doesn't suit my style.

SPAL Takeover

yT32Itg.png

SPAL TAKEOVER COMPLETE

Is there something in the water in Italy? The last 48 hours have shown numerous amounts of club takeovers and we are here to announce the latest. SPAL has been bought out by a mysterious man who wishes to remain unidentified. Despite wanting to hide his identity due to "a dodgey past", the mysterious man did front up to a press conference. How does he hide his identity and complete a press conference you ask? Well bizzarely he came with a paper bag over his head.

nesFA2f.jpg

"I am a very wealthy man and i have come and taken control of SPAL. I plan to invest alot of money into the football club and my aim is to win the the Italian Premier League title and then win the European Trophy"

When questioned about winning the "Italian Premier League Title" and being told it is called the Serie A Premiership the man just puts up his hads as if to say "I don't know".

PnYQkyn.jpg

"The first change i would like to announce is that manager Leonardo Semplici has been sacked and i will be looking to bring in my own person to run the team. I have a few options in mind but nothing to announce as of yet. I would like to wish Leonardo the best for the future".

"I would also like to take this opportunity to release the playing jerseys that SPAL will be wearing under my reign".

mexQupd.jpg

The press conference goes on for another 15 minutes with the man answering questions about how he intends on going about getting SPAL to the top of Italian Football. Howver the press conference took a strange and potentionally dangerous turn when the man was asked how he got to become so wealthy.

"Well i was in a gang. We'd go around and do gang things i guess. We got in a lot of trouble. One day i broke into a massive mansion and i found a guy asleep in his bed. I went upto him and put a gun to his head. Just like this".

In that moment he pulls out a gun and points it at his own head.

wF8rxmP.jpg

The journalists scream and start running, 2 big men in suits race over to the man and wrestle the gun out of his hand and drag him in a headlock to a different room. As the room is emptying some people are calling for medics for a woman who has seemingly passed out. A member of the SPAL staff announces that the press conference is over and there will be no more questions.

*The balls looked like little bird eggs in a nest. They rested there like it was their home. Like they had been there for a while.*

*The bottom, a bit larger and shorter, one started speaking, while blowing some hair away from his face.*

"WE ARE THE BUSINESS TWINS!"

*He stopped and let the top one continue*

"I AM BUSINESS RONNIE. AND THIS ONE BELOW ME IS BUSINESS REGGIE."

"AND MY BALLS NAMES ARE ALSO RONNIE JR AND REGGIE JR."

*They added "business" in front of their names, because they thought it would add a level of sophistication and respect. Like "officer" and "doctor" do. Ronnie jumped off Reggie, like he had done it over hundred times before, revealing how short they really were. If you compare iPhone Xs MAX and iPhone 4, then they both were both about the size of iPhone 4 in that comparison. They looked like garden gnomes in uncut grass.*

"WE ARE HERE TO SHOW YOU THAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE GREATNESS WITH YOUNGSTER"

*Both of them were still naked. Not bothered at all that their business were all in the open. Moving in sync with the wind coming from the open window. Like a flag.*

"YOU SEE, WE ARE BOTH 23 YEARS OLD"

*They were not. They looked like 54.*

"ME AND MY BROTHER BELIEVE THAT IT IS NOT THE YOUTH, BUT THE OLD PEOPLE WHO ARE THE WORST."

*Reggie took over from Ronnie after putting his arm around Business Ronnie.*

"LIKE WE SAID BEFORE, WE ARE 22 YEARS OLD AND WE WILL NURTURE OUR OWN KIND, THE YOUTH"

*Ronnie also put his arm around Reggie and together they waddled out of the press room through a custom made smaller door.*