The Music Hating Thread

i hate 95% of new "music"

real music was in the 80s

bieber, miley, lady gaga, drake etc.. wtf are they singing? :mad:

Don't listen to much music atm,

My best song is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at1YtOYmZJw"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

i hate 95% of new "music"

real music was in the 80s

bieber, miley, lady gaga, drake etc.. wtf are they singing? :mad:

80's... LOL. ok ;)

tinie tempah is well goood. techno, electronic, grime, dnb and dubstep is where its at YO

oh, and you dont like michael jackson? well, ok. 1 of few, michael jackson is LEGEND

Dont like any of this Dance/Techno pish. Not a big pop fan either. Hate R&B and all this London rap stuff where the words dont quite rhyme or they rhyme they rhyme word with word.

For nonsense lyrics look no further than David Bowie. He used to just say random pish and laugh as folk up their own **** tried to pretend they knew the meaning because they were so intelligent. Brilliant artist though. Regarding the OP, Michael Jackson was massively influential to the Music world. Genres like R&B, pop, dance, rock wouldn't be the same without him. If youre saying Billie Jean, Thriller, The Way You Make Me Feel, aren't top songs, then youre actually wrong. It's like saying the Beatles were *****. Or Elvis was *****. These arguments are redundant because it's not even a matter of opinion. Scouting for Girls is just pop filler. It's fine to listen to in the background and isn't too offensive on the old lugs. It's for people who don't really like music. Furthermore, Miley Cyrus is so fit it's retarded. Who care what noises she makes?

I said they were good songs at the time, there's no denying in his influence towards pop. But unlike The Beatles i dont think they have the same influence in modern music as it has a more outdated time specific sound, the only reason why people still listen to artists like this and Elvis is because they are "classic" doesn't make them good, i don't need someone else to tell me what music i like. Popularity defines what is good which doesn't necessarily mean its good music wise, e.g in school everyone loved coldplays 2nd album couple years late everyone hates them because its cool to, not because the albums are rubbish, granted 3rd was below par in parts. Nowadays there's so many bands just because one is not as well known or perhaps unsigned doesn't make them any less of a band than one with a larger stature. Where till the mid/late 70s there wasn't a large amount of bands, just the odd few making millions.

not to state the obvious, but you dont write the music, so you dont know the reason for the choice of lyrics. just to add, music is poetry with instruments beats rhythms etc. so if your complaining about the lyrics in music, well you shouldnt be LISTENING to music. go read some poetry and then start blabbering on about stuff which, in the end, you know little about.
:D

I said they were good songs at the time, there's no denying in his influence towards pop. But unlike The Beatles i dont think they have the same influence in modern music as it has a more outdated time specific sound, the only reason why people still listen to artists like this and Elvis is because they are "classic" doesn't make them good, i don't need someone else to tell me what music i like. Popularity defines what is good which doesn't necessarily mean its good music wise, e.g in school everyone loved coldplays 2nd album couple years late everyone hates them because its cool to, not because the albums are rubbish, granted 3rd was below par in parts. Nowadays there's so many bands just because one is not as well known or perhaps unsigned doesn't make them any less of a band than one with a larger stature. Where till the mid/late 70s there wasn't a large amount of bands, just the odd few making millions.

Okay i agree with what youre saying in parts and i didn't mean to push my veiws and if ive done that then i apologise. What i meant is that Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Elvis and such are TECHNICALLY good music. They have influence for different reason. The influence MJ had was that no one else had done beats like his before, No one else had spent so much on a video and previous to him the majority of videos were just of bands playing their instruments. There were also several other artists (Bowie and the like) who influenced this too but on the kind of 'Hollywood' scale that he did. Also he had a cultural influence on people all over the world. Perhaps you don't like his music, you are entitled to that opinion. But he is an incredibly important artist. Just look at the amount of today's artists that have come out and said he's the reason they got into music. I got Thriller the video and tape when i was 4 years old and although it was old hat to everyone else because it had been out for years and years i was hooked on music straight away. Just look at the intro to Billie Jean with that little Bass riff it hooks you in. What youre saying about Coldplay is very true - musicly they are incredible. I personally don't like them very much because i think theyre pretty depressing, but that doesnt mean they arent good.

Gay thread, pointless arguments about music. Stop pretending you know everything about it. Only asked who you don't like, Healey.

I'm not claiming to know everything about music. I'm just voicing my opinions. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I'm very easy going with music, though I certainly can't stand screamo ****.

I can't say for certain that I hate any kind of music in particular because I can adapt to almost all(those I've experienced so far) kinds of music. Although, I can't fully connect with these 'emo' bands and some rather overrated(IMO) teenage singers who I really don't have to point out 'cause I feel it's kind of obvious.

you cant choose what music you like. you hear it, you like it. different people, different music. as time goes on, things advance, including music. nothing ****** me off more than old timers blabbering on about how music has been ruined. get. over. yourself. im sure if we all try we can listen to each others music without constantly slagging each other off.

you cant choose what music you like. you hear it, you like it. different people, different music. as time goes on, things advance, including music. nothing ****** me off more than old timers blabbering on about how music has been ruined. get. over. yourself. im sure if we all try we can listen to each others music without constantly slagging each other off.

Couldn't agree more.

i dont like pop, commercial hip hop/rap/trance etc etc....i just wish gatecrashers still existed

I cant stand rappers, yet strangely i dont mind eminem

Tinie Tempah, 'nuff said.

I hate him almost as much as N-Dubz, possibly the worst band to have a number one single in history. Yep, worse than GayLS

Heavy Metal/scremo- Im sorry but how can people like this complete and utter ****, its just drug addicts shouting into the mic, i could do that.