The Music Hating Thread

i cant stand n-dubz, he does my nut in, and that song solo, or something like that, how high pitched do you want to go, classic rock is the way forward.

you cant stand n-dubz? well i think they're BRILLIANT

Last edited:
Scouting for Girls i can't stand
Agree there! - sing chorus.... repeat a word 15 times, say somthing else about some girl - repeat 12 times....

and then repeat that system on every single they release

[chorus:]
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely

She's pretty, a fitty
She's got a boyfriend though and that's a pity
She's flirty, turned thirty
Ain't that the age a girl gets really dirty?

I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
How we'll make it through this
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

Is this all you have to do to make an album!?

I do love, she does heartbreak.
I did love, till she broke my heart.

Doing all I can do, just to be close to you.
Every time that we meet, I skip a heartbeat.
Always up for a laugh, she's a pain in the ****.
I skip a heartbeat for you.

Doing all I can do, just to be close to you.
Always up for a laugh, she's a pain in the ****.

Again.... what are they? Why are they popular!?

Sorry for the huge post, but that band needs to crawl up its own *** and find some new lyrics. And stay there to sing them. and never return to hurting my ears.

its not just the lyrics, they build the album on two chords :)

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Heavy Metal/scremo- Im sorry but how can people like this complete and utter ****, its just drug addicts shouting into the mic, i could do that.

i completely understand people not liking this, its just your opinion, what does annoy me is people saying "its just screaming, i can do that". errm no, you cant. heavy metal probably takes the most talent to produce of any genre of music.

i like most types of music really but dont like commercial **** like Jonas brothers etc. no thought goes into it

I always thought N'Dubz was a group not a person :S

The assume your relating to Dappy

yeah your right, i just somehow have it in my mind that it's one guys. not sure why :S thanks for the reminder ;)

Heavy Metal/screamo - Im sorry but how can people like this complete and utter ****, its just drug addicts shouting into the mic, i could do that.
I understand that you don't like the metal genre. But sorry, no, it not just "drug addicts shouting into the mic", and no, not everybody can do it. Let's hear you sing "Cemetary Gates" from start to finish without going off-key anywhere. Heck, I'd like to see you perfectly pull-off any Killswitch Engage song, or even this(and it's not even heavy metal) -
Papa Roach - My Heart is a Fist

You can say you don't like a type of music. That's perfectly normal. But don't try to diss it further by claiming you can do it too. There's a reason they're insanely popular.

I understand that you don't like the metal genre. But sorry, no, it not just "drug addicts shouting into the mic", and no, not everybody can do it. Let's hear you sing "Cemetary Gates" from start to finish without going off-key anywhere. Heck, I'd like to see you perfectly pull-off any Killswitch Engage song, or even this(and it's not even heavy metal) -

You can say you don't like a type of music. That's perfectly normal. But don't try to diss it further by claiming you can do it too. There's a reason they're insanely popular.

i wouldnt be happy if i could pull that off

The 80s was a classic period for music, no doubt. Everything since has got progressively worse, in pop music anyway.

As for being able to play what a band plays. That's stupid. Just because a person has no proficieny in an instrument, doesn't mean they can't form opinions. Killswitch Engage are ****.

As for being able to play what a band plays. That's stupid. Just because a person has no proficieny in an instrument, doesn't mean they can't form opinions.
If you're referring to me, read my much earlier post and the quote in it. And read the end of that post. Opinion has nothing to do with actual ability. Claiming to be able to do something is not an opinion.

Last edited:
If you're referring to me, read my much earlier post and the quote in it. And read the end of that post. Opinion has nothing to do with actual ability. Claiming to be able to do something is not an opinion.

It is an opinion though. You're opinion is that it takes skill and ability to be able to replicate those vocals. The poster's opinion is that it takes no skill and that they could do a job as good.

It is an opinion though. You're opinion is that it takes skill and ability to be able to replicate those vocals. The poster's opinion is that it takes no skill and that they could do a job as good.
It's not. If that is an opinion, everything is an opinion then. How about a game selling better than the others? How about one striker scoring more goals than the other? You can say the striker is better than the other, that is an opinion. But his scoring more goals than the other is FACT.

I can say I don't like a particular movie, that is an opinion. I can say I find coffee tastes better than tea, that is an opinion. I can say Cristiano Ronaldo is a s**tty player, that's still an opinion. But if I say I can dribble balls and score goals like him, then that becomes a CLAIM. If I claim to be able to do that but then actually not be able to prove that claim, then it's a LIE. Clear now?

I was just asking him to prove his claim. I'm not dissing on his opinion that Heavy Metal is garbage.

this. as i mentioned in my above post :)

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

It's not. If that is an opinion, everything is an opinion then. How about a game selling better than the others? How about one striker scoring more goals than the other? You can say the striker is better than the other, that is an opinion. But his scoring more goals than the other is FACT.

I can say I don't like a particular movie, that is an opinion. I can say I find coffee tastes better than tea, that is an opinion. I can say Cristiano Ronaldo is a s**tty player, that's still an opinion. But if I say I can dribble balls and score goals like him, then that becomes a CLAIM. If I claim to be able to do that but then actually not be able to prove that claim, then it's a LIE. Clear now?

I was just asking him to prove his claim. I'm not dissing on his opinion that Heavy Metal is garbage.

couldnt have put it better myself

No it is an opinion. He CLAIMS that he could do the same because in his OPINION it's no more than shouting into a mic. Just like I can claim 'rapping takes no skill, I could do that'. Is it because I think i'm the best rapper in the world? No, it's because I think rapping takes little skill and even someone like me, who has no prior experience, could do it. By the way you're comparisons make little sense.

instead of overcomplicating all this, why doesnt he just upload a video of him perfectly singing a heavy metal song? assuming he cant, then what he said is either him lying, or him knowing so little about it that he actually thought it took no skill, which is soon proved wrong when he tries to do it.

put simply

CLAIM: it takes no skill to sing this type of music
is proved wrong when, well, he cant sing it

Exactly. If you don't understand/appreciate something, then it's easy to dismiss it as rubbish.

Isn't that my whole point from the beginning? He says he can sing it like they did. So I challenged him to prove his CLAIM. I don't give a **** about whether he likes the music or not. I just want him to prove that he can sing like them. Which means not going off-key anywhere in the songs, LIKE THEM. It's a "Put up or shut up" challenge. As far as I'm concerned, he can either prove it by uploading a video or he can shut the **** up about being able to sing like them. End of story.

P.S. - Him saying it takes no skill to sing like them is not a CLAIM, it's still an opinion or a personal take. Him saying he CAN do it like them is a CLAIM, which I asked him to prove. Anyway, I'm too old for these never ending forum wars. So I'm gonna bail while I have two legs to stand on. :p

"He who fights and runs away, Lives to fight another day."

Last edited:
A few reasons why I personally dismiss Rap as 'music by the proletariat, for the proletariat'.

"N****s in the Bronx call me Lex cause I push a Lex, and I rock a Rolex and I lounge on Lex', and I love ***."
Peter Gunz, "Deja Vu: Uptown Baby"

"Never let me slip, cause if I slip, then I'm slippin."
Dr. Dre, "Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang"

"(Whatchu doin?) Mobbin' like a ************ stuck
Can you put your middle finger out the window gettin' ****** off - liquor
Get loaded can't control it
***** pass me the blunt and let me roll it
You get the bones act to the whole stack
Thats fo sho black
"
2pac, "Thug for life"

XD

Like I said I don't think it's a case of someone thinking they're a god at signing or whatever. More that the band/vocalist in question have little skill and even someone who has no professional experience in music making, could do the same. So rather than having a high opinion of his own ability, it's more like having a low opinion of the band's ability.