The Music Hating Thread

Screaming is mostly for people who want to like something because no one else likes it, those people who feel they have to prove something to the world by being 'different'. Also dislike most pop, and almost all mainstream rap, it's just devoid of talent or meaning.

JLS, and all X-Factor winners

Don't forget 'Britain's Got Talent'

The proper way to make it in the music bizz:

• Form a band
  • Rehearse
  • Do the pubs
  • Do the clubs
  • Rehearse more
If you're any good you'll get spotted & the rest is up to you

Heavy Metal/scremo- Im sorry but how can people like this complete and utter ****, its just drug addicts shouting into the mic, i could do that.

Yup, sorry, not true.

Firstly, heavy metal and screamo are completely different genres.

Heavy metal in particular is quite intricate and complex musically, and isn't just "drug addicts shouting into the mic". That's just a gross generalisation tbh.

I personally dislike any music that's made just for dosh. Music without soul, basically.

Edit: A lot of people who like screaming/screamo music DO listen to it just to be different, but some people genuinely like the sound of it. The voice is just another instrument; who says the lyrics have to be audible? It's just like opera. A lot of people enjoy opera, and they don't have a first clue as to what the singer is actually singing about. Doesn't make it bad.

Last edited:
Rap (I don't give a flying **** that you are rollin in a benzo!!).
Any kind of rave 'music'.
A gobshite up the road had a BBQ the other day and put on some dance compilation **** and it was like 70mins of the same song/beat.

Sulky indie/emo **** (try harder you goon).

Essentailly all of the music in the charts, it's all the same, JLS-Jason Derulo **** about big bootied *******, it's not musical at all.
Scouting for girls needs to learn more than two chords
X-Factor winners/any that's been on it or any talent show
Basically I don't like pop/dance/rap Etc

Rap (I don't give a flying **** that you are rollin in a benzo!!).
Any kind of rave 'music'.
A gobshite up the road had a BBQ the other day and put on some dance compilation **** and it was like 70mins of the same song/beat.

Sulky indie/emo **** (try harder you goon).

you sound like a very boring person.

I hate 'indie' music. Bands like: The Foals, Vampire Weekend, MGMT etc. It's all exactly the same "oh, we are so individual, look at my curly hair and farmer's hat, look I go to glastonbury, I don't give a **** about anything cause I'm a stupid posh preppy ****!" Yeah.

Dubstep is the 2nd biggest pile of **** ever invented, it's impossible to listen to without thinking "this is ****."

Elvis - The most overrated artist of all time, admittedly, I understand that without him, rock 'n' roll wouldn't have been born, but personally, I find his music terrible.

All mowtown music is shocking, especially the girl bands (Diana Ross and The Supremes etc.) Very annoying, very repetitive.

Screamo/Scene: This is by far the most annoying genre, while I can actually stand some of the songs, others can just be some ****** screaming into a microphone. But the most annoying part is the people themselves, they all dress exactly the same, dye their hair black, wear too much eyeliner (even the boys) some even slit their own wrists, and then claim to be individual, which then defeats the object of all dressing the same?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rant over.

everytime i hear justin beiber i think its my sister

Couldn't agree more with you.
In fact,he's just a 16 yo youtube star.And those guys who think he's the new pop king suck *** because his voice was way more woman-like than james Blunt's(on my first listening of his tracks,but i was mistaken later on)

Last edited:
i cant stand n-dubz, he does my nut in, and that song solo, or something like that, how high pitched do you want to go, classic rock is the way forward.

I hate close-minded rockers who only listen to the beats, and not the lyrics, and go and hate hip-hop. and I puke everytime I hear an auto-tuned voice

i cant stand n-dubz, he does my nut in, and that song solo, or something like that, how high pitched do you want to go, classic rock is the way forward.
n-dubz is not a he mate it is a groups

It's been said before: Justin Bieber!
I mean I can listen to a lot of things, but SHE is just awful.

Oh and "Tuning Music", you know the kind that all the "cool", macho guys play in their tuned car that looks like a carnival attraction with all the lights and colours.

Basically enjoy all music to an extent. Well, everything except screamo, don't like that one bit.

It's been said before: Justin Bieber!
I mean I can listen to a lot of things, but SHE is just awful.

Oh and "Tuning Music", you know the kind that all the "cool", macho guys play in their tuned car that looks like a carnival attraction with all the lights and colours.

touché!

Everyone here says they hate Screamo, I'm actually quite the opposite XD. For some it's more an acquired taste. If they can scream in tune to the music then it sounds amazing.

Anyway, to the hate~! Said before, Bieber. Sounds like a 5 year old girl who just lost her favourite teddy o_o. Also, trance/rave [don't know what people do actually call it.]. You usually don't hate something you've grown up with but I cannot stand it. When I have a better reason, I'll be sure to think of one ;)

Justin Bieber needs to be shot
same to the Jonas Brothers
and as for Lady Gaga, I would kick her rite in her/his *****

I do actually enjoy listening to scouting for girls occasionally