The next Scotland manager?

Gareth southgate maybe, hahaha only joking.

Brian Maclair hasnt been mentioned by anyone, but utd 1st team coach, would always be able to ask fergie for advice, and already knows the captain well.
Maybe a tad inexperienced but can't really fault his credentials?
Was hoping we could actually pay decent money and bring in a proven coach with experience,possibly foreign? i know herr berti was a disaster but that really shouldn't put the SFA off!

could work, maybe make a cheeky little approach for sven, knows international football well. or possibly nigel pearson from leicester.

Was thinking bout Wim Jansen? Good manager and knows the Scottish from his time with Celtic??
Svens not a bad shout but don't think he's in any hurry to leave notts county and return to international management after the Mexico debacle!

Why are people suggesting a guy that has only managed at English lower league level. Talk of Gary McAllister....i hope to **** not

Why are people suggesting a guy that has only managed at English lower league level. Talk of Gary McAllister....i hope to **** not
Because all the experienced Scottish managers have said no chance.

It's on sky sports that Levein's the bookies favourite?
Will be interesting to find out who actually wants the ******* job!

I thought Bruce Rioch was a decent shout, i don't think Coppell or Curbishly would ever Manage Scotland and lukily for you Sounouss ruled himself out because the standard of scottish players are too ***** to compete, you wouldn't want him anyway

Well it's not exactly an appealing prospect is it? Who else would be interested? Do you expect managers of the highest calibre from far and wide to be applying for the job?

Scottish football is dying and with not much quality coming from up from youth levels, it won't matter who manages them in the future they are side on a downward curve, everyone seems to see this but Scotland.

I would be interested :p
On a serious note, Levein is probably the best bet

Well it's not exactly an appealing prospect is it? Who else would be interested? Do you expect managers of the highest calibre from far and wide to be applying for the job?

Scottish football is dying and with not much quality coming from up from youth levels, it won't matter who manages them in the future they are side on a downward curve, everyone seems to see this but Scotland.

Whoa thats a bold statement from a burnley fan thats got a team made up of us Scots?
Manager? Scottish(although he played for Eire!),Captain?Scottish,Record Signing?Scottish!
We may have underperformed with Burley but we're hardly on a downward curve mate!
It's still the same players that beat France home and away and were 14th in the world rankings before Burley was appointed!
We have some really good young players coming through,they just need a good manager to put forward the right ideas and get them playing the kind of football we know they're capable of!

Yes Kevdo I'm quite aware of the Scottish contingent down here, I didn't say there was no quality coming through! :p Looking back at my post it probably was a little harsh, though I do believe Scotland reached a peak and will be lucky to get near 14th in the rankings again. At least your problems aren't as bad as The Irish in regards to bringing good youth players coming through.

On a side note what do the Scots think of Kev McDonald? I think he is a decent player and deserves more than the sub role he is currently used. Also hows Alex MacDonald playing at Falkirk?

Kool mate no probs!:D
I don't think we'll get back to 14th either but we can play alot better than that ***** under Burley!:mad:
I like McDonald,always been impressed with him when he played with Dundee,he has a good engine and does box to box very well,he played well for you last season whenever i saw him!
Alex MacDonaldplayed ok when i seen him,(which isn't much) he gave away a penalty against Celtic last week but gave them problems all day,looks a good prospect?

The Irish just steal ours! Aiden McGeady? James McCarthy?

Burley had the same players as Smith and McLeish. But hes not as patriotic. Hes lived in England most of his life. Then hired Butcher as assistant. Then dropped players who played well under Smith and McLeish and brought in a load of Championship players or English turncoats. We need a manager whos gonna kick some balls and keep the team in line.

How about Alan Irvine, I'm not sure some Managers would leave a club to become Manager of Scotland as many don't see it as a attractive proposition hence why Moyes will never take while at Everton