The next Scotland manager?

I wouldnt mind having Smith back. Dont see Levein taking it.

Yeh,theres a lot going on behind the scenes at Ibrox these days so who knows?
Maybe McCoist will take over and Walter will come back to Scotland?
Would still like Levein in charge,he's my top choice!

Either Levein or Smith, i dont think Smith is getting a new contract so hopefully he will come back and bring some success with him. Hope its not Calderwood.

Levein for me lads, r we not forgetting that walter has had his shot, came close, failed and jumped ship to go back to his true love and now they're toilet and have no money, he mite not get his contract renewed so scotland should take him back with open arms?.....dont think so we'd be aswell getting craig brown back!!!! give sum1 else a go....Levein all the way!!!!young and enthusiastic, sort the back line out and make us hard to beat.

please please please please please let it be steve mclaren.

The guy who took Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final and won the league cup...the guy who is top of the Dutch league with Twente?

Yes please |)

The guy who took Middlesbrough to the UEFA Cup final and won the league cup...the guy who is top of the Dutch league with Twente?

Yes please |)

the guy who couldnt take England to the euros
no thank you

Of course dosen't reallt matter who gets the job, Scotland have stupid thick players and are lacking the ability to qualify 4 any competion, so Scotish supporters dream on your teams going nowhere now or in the future lmao.

Yeh,theres a lot going on behind the scenes at Ibrox these days so who knows?
Maybe McCoist will take over and Walter will come back to Scotland?
Would still like Levein in charge,he's my top choice!

Aye, hoping for that. Or, hoping Walter takes over Scotland and Le Guen takes over Rangers;p

Of course dosen't reallt matter who gets the job, Scotland have stupid thick players and are lacking the ability to qualify 4 any competion, so Scotish supporters dream on your teams going nowhere now or in the future lmao.
Wow,what absoloutely great input and such a well thought out point? I take it with a name like your's,your totally disillusioned with the Scottish national team or are you a turncoat who's jumped ship? Doesn't really matter,we're after someone who will not only take our national team back up but do a lot for our game in general,you're just opening your mouth without thinking,try doing that before you talk **** sunshine!

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Aye, hoping for that. Or, hoping Walter takes over Scotland and Le Guen takes over Rangers;p
Cheeky!:p

definately would love to see steven mcclaren to scotland's top job.

A few players who have played under McLaren have critisized him also. I hear he speaks with a dutch accent now.

McLaren is a total ****,boring football from a boring guy.Scotland need someone with heart,character and passion,Mike Bassett is the man for the job.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4x05Z3MSkQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Mike Bassett Half time teamtalk[/ame]

Whoever gets the job good luck to them as it is going to be a big task. Lot less talent coming out of Scotland these days and the players are not good enough. There is more talented players being produced in Africa now than Scotland. So whoever takes over is going to need all the luck they can get.

Levein will NOT leave United for the Scotland job. Why would he? The Scotland job, lets face it, is rubbish. He's on to a good thing at United. Not only is he the gaffer of a team that is just starting to show its potential but he's the Director of Football too. He's just revamped our youth system which indicates he's in no hurry to leave.

He has his career back on track after his spell at Leicester, he'll only leave for an English club.

So forget all this talk of Levein, CRAIG LEVEIN'S TANGERINE!

Personally I don't care who gets the Scotland job, not a huge fan of International football. Only one club for me - DUFC.

I think Levein would take it, where can he really take united? maybe a cup? 3rd? first round of the europa league. Scotland in a couple of years could have a good run to potentially and maybe qualify, Levein could also go there do well n get a Premiership job...same as eck mcCleish. The only other option I think could be David Moyes part-time?

has their been any media specualtion who will be the next scottish manager? officially shortlisted manager for the job?