The next Scotland manager?

How about Alan Irvine, I'm not sure some Managers would leave a club to become Manager of Scotland as many don't see it as a attractive proposition hence why Moyes will never take while at Everton

Not a bad suggestion, probably one of the best young managers outside the Prem. Even if he does manage PKE.

No Manager in the premierleague will take the job, so they are likely to go for someone unemployed, the SFA aren't very rich compared to EFA which is worth Millions of pounds, I hope Scotland do find themselves a good Manager, I'm sure Hodgson would of done a good job, another possible candidate could be John Collins who currently manages Charleroi in Belgium, captained Scotland to there last major finals.

Kris Jackson :p

HA!

How about Alan Irvine, I'm not sure some Managers would leave a club to become Manager of Scotland as many don't see it as a attractive proposition hence why Moyes will never take while at Everton

He would not leave Preston for West Brom so i doubt Scotland has any hope.

No Manager in the premierleague will take the job, so they are likely to go for someone unemployed, the SFA aren't very rich compared to EFA which is worth Millions of pounds, I hope Scotland do find themselves a good Manager, I'm sure Hodgson would of done a good job, another possible candidate could be John Collins who currently manages Charleroi in Belgium, captained Scotland to there last major finals.

**** to the no. I have no idea why he is always linked with jobs. The guy is a Grade A ***** and i would sooner see him dead. (A)

david moyes is an interesting choice. but dont think he will divide his time for everton and scotland. dont see that happening.

Nah no chance in **** of getting Moyes.

We are being labelled as a mediocre team and that is causing all the big names to turn their back on the job..... it's also being said we should get back to doing what we do the best, defend....... so with that in mind why don't we recall Craig Brown to the job, I know he got a lot of stick in his time in the job but lets face it we were solid at the back, and he had a mediocre squad to work with.....
We could throw in the likes of Gary McAllister as his side-kick & future predecessor....

Yes,nobody in a premier league job would take it because the SFA are only willing to pay £250'000 a year!
This is ******* chicken feed compared to some managers at international level! Hiddink's on a reputed £4 million a year deal with Russia,Capello is roughly the same,**** even **** Advocaat's on about £2 million a year in the Belgium job!
Belgium are a country very similiar to ourselves.
1.We have roughly the same size population!
2.We live in the shadow neighbouring countries who are a better team than us!
3.Up to 3 teams have dominated their domestic league,the rest are normally off the pace come the end of the season!

We should do what the Belgians have done,pay good money for a decent manager!
Have also heard rumours of Slaven Bilic being interested due to the fact he want's to manage a team within Britain and thinks he has a better chance of getting one if he can do to Scotland what Walter Smith and Alex McLeish did! Personally think it's a lot of ***** but thats why their rumours!

Jimmy Calderwood without a shadow of a doubt. Our squad is pish true I had no doubts that Wales would put us in our place.

But we do have a bright future with the likes of Danny Wilson John Fleck Kevin Thomson Craig Thomson Darren Barr Christophe Berra James Mcarthur Scott Arfield all showing that they have the potential to be top Scotland quality.

Last edited:
I dunno if i could hack Calderwood at Scotland. Billic is a shout if he leaves the Croats. Csaba Lazlo :)

I dunno if i could hack Calderwood at Scotland. Billic is a shout if he leaves the Croats. Csaba Lazlo :)
Calderwood shouldn't be anywhere near the job,i've heard some of the names and it's ****** worrying! Collins? Jeffries? MacAllister? Nowhere near good enough!
Would take Csaba,just couldn't watch a press conference or interview with him,the guy baffles me!:p

Nobody else thinking David Moyes Part Time ??

I deffinetly think moyes could do the job, if he wants it, he worked wonders with us (preston) and then did even better with everton but personally due too city's spending and aston villa coming good in the last 2/3 seasons, i think moyes has taken everton as far as possible unless they get taken over and spend money, but without adoubt moyes could do a good job with scotland. I dont think alan irvine would get asked to do the job, he's a great manager but he hasnt won anything yet e.g. promotion, it baffles be how international teams go for managers without any credentials. Im not saying if he gets us up he should go because we need him!

Dont think coppell or curbishly wud take it? no disrespect to anyone but there is no way i wud want an englishman in charge of the scottish side, no matter how bad we are, it was bad enough having Terry Butcher on the books, keep the english with guys with their own national side. Souness would be my choice but if not him then craig levein, we've not got the flair to come out and have a go, we need to be hard to beat, levein fits that mould, done it with hearts and united on a budget, could do it with scotland no bother.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Moyes would have to be off his rocker to take that job!!!! He's the next man u manager for sure, get your mortgage on it!!!

Anyone wanting some controversy??
MO JOHNSTON!!!!!(6)

Irvine would be the best choice but I doubt he'd take it. A lot of talk about this Levein (sp?) guy from Dundee taking over, is he a good manager? Don't know much about him.

Irvine would be the best choice but I doubt he'd take it. A lot of talk about this Levein (sp?) guy from Dundee taking over, is he a good manager? Don't know much about him.
Pretty decent,good organiser,likes to get the ball down and play,his team Dundee Utd never give you a minutes peace with their closing down all ovr the park and the thing i like about him no bullshit,no mincing his words just good old fashioned honesty!

aye would rather have levein as opposed to irvine. Best of a bad bunch I reckon, maybe trying to be too optimistic, but it wasnt that long ago I was sat at hampden watching us draw with Italy, beat france beat the Ukraine comfortably, with pretty much the same squad, if we can become hard to beat and try and make Hampden a bit of a fortress again where teams dont want to come, then I think we can look towards the future a bit more positively........or is my head in the clouds and we're doomed?answers on a postcard!!

If only we sacked him sooner Strachan would have been a posibility.

It's on Sky Sports news that the SFA are reportedly wanting Craig levein or Walter Smith back?
Walters contract runs out at start of january,you never know with Rangers these days?:S
Strachan would have been a good appointment,at the very least his interviews would have brightened things up!