The npower Football League Thread.

The FM-BASE peformance of the week award : READING FC for their fantastic 4-0 win over promotion favourites Burnley

What about Rovers scoring 2 in 5 minutes to draw, after going 2 - 0 down !

Bristol City fan checking in.

Should have really finished off the league leaders when we played them last night and I'm hopeful that our recovery will ensure we'll be out of the relegation zone by christmas.

I hope your still there, would make an interesting season next year when you go down ;)

AFC Bournemouth.

That is all.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Plymouth 2-1 Huddersfield
Good resault after last weeks *****

Burnley, Watford & Ipswich dropping points while City get a win, back to 3rd :D
Good weekend, glad Jackson got onto the scoresheet, hasn't started many games this season and needs to break in to the team if he wants to show he's worth the £1.5M we paid for him.

Went to the Bristol Reading game on Tuesday.. Jesus your ground is hard to get to..

You're starting to find form now and i can see you coming out of the relegation zone very quickly if you carry on like you are now..
I also went to that game. You certainly took it to us in the second half, but by God, that was an important game for us. Nice to see it didn't derail your season... (ouch Burnley)

I hope your still there, would make an interesting season next year when you go down ;)
That's the one positive I'll be able to take, if we do get relegated - derbies. Haven't had the chance to humble you lot in a while.

Bristol City fan checking in.

Should have really finished off the league leaders when we played them last night and I'm hopeful that our recovery will ensure we'll be out of the relegation zone by christmas.
Ah, I feel for you at the moment mate. Quite glad you took David James off us though, I think Ashdown's been solid compared to what Jamo's been for you! Hope you sort yourselves out though, it'd be a shame to see a side like yourself drop down a league.

How long until Nicky Maynard's back?

We need a win against Leeds on monday. Need to keep the pressure on QPR, in my opinion QPR are fading a little bit and getting weaker and this is where Cardiff need to pounce

Ah, I feel for you at the moment mate. Quite glad you took David James off us though, I think Ashdown's been solid compared to what Jamo's been for you! Hope you sort yourselves out though, it'd be a shame to see a side like yourself drop down a league.

How long until Nicky Maynard's back?
Believe it or not, James has been worth his wait in gold, but I guess that's difficult to see unless you're watching week in, week out. The main problem is our defence has been frequently suicidal and two of our signings under Coppell have failed to live up to expectations (Stewart from QPR, Hunt from Bolton).

And Nicky should be back by Christmas. The poor lad's been tasked with saving us.

Believe it or not, James has been worth his wait in gold, but I guess that's difficult to see unless you're watching week in, week out. The main problem is our defence has been frequently suicidal and two of our signings under Coppell have failed to live up to expectations (Stewart from QPR, Hunt from Bolton).

And Nicky should be back by Christmas. The poor lad's been tasked with saving us.

People criticise him, but i saw him when cardiff v bristol and without him we would have won about 6-2 the amount of saves he made

Ah right, yeah doesn't seem to great by the amount of goals you've been conceding lately I guess. Our defence is a bit wobbly aswell mate, I think it always will be with ****** Sonko in there, he's brain dead, I swear!

A while to go then, big blow for you lot, he was a quality player for you last season. He'll be really important when he comes back from injury, if he doesn't get the goals you'll have a problem.

In my opinion Nicky Maynard is a fantastic technical striker who's goals belong in teams such as Barcelona and Chelsea.

In my opinion Nicky Maynard is a fantastic technical striker who's goals belong in teams such as Barcelona and Chelsea.
He does score some absolute quality goals, I remember his goal vs Newcastle at Bristol City's ground last season, world class strike.

I remember a volley vs. Blackpool. And a goal maybe against QPR? It was just stunning and you can see the boy has talent and I'm surprised a bigger club hasn't picked him up.

I remember a volley vs. Blackpool. And a goal maybe against QPR? It was just stunning and you can see the boy has talent and I'm surprised a bigger club hasn't picked him up.
I think this injury may actually prove to be a good thing for the club, we might actually keep him for another year.

Dude broke the twenty goal barrier with incredibly average support. The majority of his goals were beauts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0a-_-yO38&feature=related"]YouTube - Nicky Maynard Wonder Goal[/ame]

If brighton keep doing well some good teams will be after Gus Poyet, hes done a really good job with that team

Graham Alexander watch out Weavers about !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrz3pzaIxUc"]YouTube - Nicky Weaver - Back of the Net! Sheffield Wednesday v Chesterfield[/ame]

If brighton keep doing well some good teams will be after Gus Poyet, hes done a really good job with that team
I can see Brighton going up now, playing well at the moment and are moving into a new stadium, 20,000 + stadium next year.