***The Official Celtic FC v Rangers FC Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
it may be a bit early but i wont to get in the mood and i think celtic and rangers is the best derby in brittish football

Celtic FC
200px-Celtic_FC.svg.png
VS
200px-Rangers_FC.svg.png
Rangers FC

day
Sunday
when 24 October 2010
What Scottish Premier
REF
Willie Collum
were
parkhead378g.jpg

my result celtic 1 rangers 3

FACTS/NEWS
G = Goals - A = Assists

Kenny Miller - G11 - A1
Steven Naismith - G4 - A4
Kyle Lafferty - G1 - A3
Nikica Jelavic - G2 - A2
james battie G0 A1

Total - G18 - A10

Georgios Samaras - G0 - A1
Gary Hooper - G3 - A0
Anthony Stokes - G2 - A2
Daryl Murphy - G2 - A1

Total - G7 - A4

Tells its own story really......They're strikers are struggling to find the net and our strikers are scoring for fun. If our defence can get its act together I can see us really turning it on this weekend

what do OF games REALLY mean?

obviously they are seen as the 4 more important games of the SPL campaign, but I thought I would see what really mean each season.

season, points from OF games, winner/points

09/10 Rangers 7 Celtic 4 Rangers +6

08/09 Rangers 7 Celtic 4 Rangers + 4

07/08 Rangers 6 Celtic 6 Celtic +3

06/07 Rangers 7 Celtic 4 Celtic +8

05/06 Rangers 4 Celtic 7 Celtic + 16

04/05 Rangers 3 Celtic 9 Rangers +1

03/04 Rangers 0 Celtic 12 Celtic +17

02/03 Rangers 4 Celtic 4 Rangers (GD)

01/02 Rangers 2 Celtic 8 Celtic (+18)

00/01 Rangers 3 Celtic 9 Celtic (?)

so only 2 out of the last 10 years has the team who has taken the most in OF games NOT won the title. Not really a shock of course, but just thought it it really rings home how thins is so much more than just a derby game. Get more points then them over the 4 games and we/rangers have an 80% chance of winning the title.;)

Lafferty wins co-op player of the round award

KYLE LAFFERTY has been rewarded for his hat-trick against Dunfermline in the League Cup last month with the Co-operative Insurance Cup Player of the Round prize.

The big hitman walked away with the match ball after his goal against the Pars sealed a last-eight meeting with Kilmarnock on October 27.

And he revealed his first senior treble marked the first time he had scored so often in more than a decade.

Lafferty said: "We knew it would be a tough game as they (Dunfermline) are going really well in the First Division.

"I was not expecting a game with nine goals in it but I am delighted at how things worked out and it was a great result for Rangers.

"My three goals that night earned me my first professional hat-trick so it was a special game for me.

"The last time I scored three times in the one game I was playing Boys Club football in Northern Ireland.

"My third goal was my favourite as it was a great team goal, involving a lot of players in our team. I played a one-two with Steven Naismith and then got in to finish it off.

"This award is my first individual honour as well since I was 12 years old. I was also playing for Kesh the last time I won something for my own performance." keep it up bigman

Willie Collum WORKS AS RE teacher at a Catholic school i hope he gives the right decions

some bet sof rangers
Celtic v Rangers – Hat-trick Kenny Miller @ 40/1 – £1.00
Celtic v Rangers — Scorecast Madjid Bougherra / Rangers 3-1 @ 430/1 – £1.00
Celtic v Rangers — Scorecast Kenny Miller / Rangers 2-1 @ 55/1 – £1.00
Celtic v Rangers — Scorecast Gary Hooper / Rangers 4-1 @ 460/1 – £1.00
Celtic v Rangers — Scorecast Maurice Edu / Rangers 2-0 @ 220/1 – £1.00
Celtic v Rangers – Double Result Celtic/Rangers @ 30/1 – £1.00
Celtic v Rangers – Correct Score Rangers 4-1 @ 66/1 – £1.00

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

can some mod tidy this up a bit. celtic badge is bigger but i keep changing the sise no use :S

Last edited:
Rangers will KILL. all i've got to say.

1-3 MILLER HAT TRICK <3

Last edited:
I dont even look for the result for this game. I just think the Scottish League is so two sided, it bores me. Although, it may be the biggest derby, as it has more than just footballing reasons behind it.

* I mean no offense to any Scottish people, it is just my honest opinion.*

I dont even look for the result for this game. I just think the Scottish League is so two sided, it bores me. Although, it may be the biggest derby, as it has more than just footballing reasons behind it.

Could'nt agree more

its like new Spl season, who's gonna win it? well obviously celtic or rangers and i'll shut up now.

i tottaly agree rangers or celtic is the only club who wil leve rwin the leauge the spl is killnig the old firm and i think i move down south would be great seeing the lieks of arsenal chelsea man utd man city (newcastle;)). instead of killie st mirren hamalton etc XD

Blasphemy

It may be two sided, but thats your own fault for not letting us join your bloomin leagues!!!

why is this official lol..?
dinny know (make it fancy ;)

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Blasphemy

It may be two sided, but thats your own fault for not letting us join your bloomin leagues!!!
also why is swansea cardiff in it. if there not english thats not an exuse they could make a brittish one

The reason Swansea and Cardiff were moved is because they were both small clubs and should have been doing better. And it worked, so think what we could achieve down there ;)

Who said it's one sided? Hamilton look to be favourites this year<)

think a draw is on the cards.

bit unfair to draw comparison with the two sets of strikers as hooper was injured and stokes just signed. hope to god both samaras and lafferty are left out as these two diddies make a mockery of the old firm (6)

one stat that stands out is beattie - couldnt score in a barrel of fannies ;)

also why is swansea cardiff in it. if there not english thats not an exuse they could make a brittish one

Because if they were in the Welsh Premier League, there'll be 10-0 wins for the both teams week in week out.

And, if Rangers and Celtic were to join the English leagues, they wouldn't win anything. So be glad you're in you're own league.

Miller is on form now, no doubt, but had Hooper not been injured, he could have been right up there with him. Honest opinion is a draw, Lennon will drop his first ever points since being manager. To be precise with the score;

0-0

Depending on who Celtic put as their goalie. We know already that McGregor will start. So yeah, my opinion.

Because if they were in the Welsh Premier League, there'll be 10-0 wins for the both teams week in week out.

And, if Rangers and Celtic were to join the English leagues, they wouldn't win anything. So be glad you're in you're own league.
dout it m8 if rangers and cletic wnet in english leauge we would be in top 4 with some money if sky enver sposnored the english prmeier leauge it would be NOTHING

dout it m8 if rangers and cletic wnet in english leauge we would be in top 4 with some money if sky enver sposnored the english prmeier leauge it would be NOTHING

Very, very doubtful. They got a 0-0 draw with United's second-string team. You'd never survive against the attacking force of Chelsea, Arsenal or Blackpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.