The Official Rangers Match Thread

Right now, I'm in Japan. I was matching the match in a British bar with some people I met. In the end, great match, so angry and frustrated but jumping for joy at the end.

Don't even get me started on the first goal. First off, Bougherra should never have let him slip by, he was in acres of space. Secondly, neither Papac nor Bougherra could get anywhere near the ball. They lept in and paid the price. Allan McGregor... I'm a massive fan of his, I think he's a great keeper and a real gem for Rangers, and Scotland. However, anyone watching the match must surely have been thinking, what, the, ****. Before Skacel was anywhere near finishing, he'd jumped in the air arms and legs flailing in completely the wrong direction, leaving an open goal for Skacel!! I was going mental. The goal had come from nowhere after we'd easily dominated up until that point, although we were unable to break through the 8 men Hearts had behind the ball. Around the 40th minute or so Jefferies said that they were defending too much and we would get another goal leaving them in a bad situation. Nothing changed, as they continued to defend with 8 men behind the ball. We couldn't break them down, and weren't playing good. Weiss didn't have the best of games, he would very often lose the ball tyring to do silly tricks, which would hold up play and ruin chances. The way the Hearts players acted, I thought, was atrocious. Little taps, and they would be on the floor, wasting as much time as possible from about 60 mins onward. Jelavic looked shaken up after a nast tackle against him. The substitue was just what we needed, and Lafferty's free-kick was sublime. A well deserved goal. After that it was all Rangers, until another magnificent individual effort from Naismith gave us the win.

I think the players look really fit, and Naismith is playing great as is Miller, even if he didn't score, and Weiss who I think will really shine although having a bad game today. I do believe we're going to go all the way this season. :)

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Thats because their **** ...

Oh just **** off will you. I like Man Utd but *****'s like you just do my head in. Fact is we drew 0-0. We did enough to earn that whether it was fair or not, statistics mean nothing, still a point a piece. Just because you were lucky enough to come from the place where one of the best football clubs ever are from doesn't give you the right to slag off other clubs.

Sorry could't update today :(

In the hospital just now, so this and my story may not be updated sorry :'(

plz no bad comments

RANGERS
86315071.png
VS VALENCIA
wol_error.gif
Click this bar to view the full image.
43815576.png

what Champions League
uefachampionsleague2011.png

were Ibrox Stadium
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
763798e9adaa72.jpg

time- KO: 19:45
mcgregor.png

kirknew1.png
bougherra.png
weir.png
papac.png

naismith.png
davis.png
edu.jpg

Weiss2.png

millernew.png

or

mcgregor.png

whittaker.png
bougherra.png
weir.png
papac.png
kirknew1.png

Weiss2.png
davis.png
edu.jpg
naismith.png

millernew.png

Don't know if Broadfoot is fit or not, and I'd imagine Walter Smith will stick with his successful 5-4-1 formation.
predcitions rangers 2 valencia 1
cool.gif

who is going to the game, i think the score will be 1-1 or maby we might sneak a wee 1-0 win:D
am sitting govan front btw.

My seats are in the Main Stand Rear,
but i can't go, so my sister's going :'(

I love the govan stand, where we used to sit 2 years ago

come on the mighty glasgow rangers. 1 nil kenny miller.

Saturday, 30th July, 12:00pm
McDiarmid Park, Perth

badge_stjohn.png
VERSUS-Logo-sm.jpg
badge_rangers.png

St Johnstone V Rangers FC

Saturday 30th July 2011

So on Saturday afternoon Ally takes the boys to McDiarmid park for the first away game of the season, and surely there can only be 1 outcome, Our first win of the season.

Make sure you get behind our manager, Super Ally, and support the team. If anyone is going, I hope you enjoy the game and help spur the team on. W.A.T.P *****

Probable Rangers XI:
171443_Rangers.jpg

Not confident at all although hoping for our first win. We really need another Striker, We should get rid of Edu have davis in the middle of the park where he is most effective and also ortiz on the right because he isn't having any impact on the left and our style doesn't allow him to cut on like he did at Almeria. Naismith isn't the ideal partner for Jelavic either and I think we should use Healy. Whittaker really needs to wisen up and sort out his performance as he has cost us two vital games already.

Hopefully we will have some signings in the next few weeks, Cuellar, Verhoek & Goodwillie and I'll be delighted.

St Johnstone 0-2 Rangers

Date: Sat 30 Jul 2011 Venue: McDiarmid Park Comp: Clydesdale Bank Premier League
Referee: Kick Off: 12:00 Att: 7560

264380-st-johnstone-0-2-rangers-410x230.jpg

Ally McCoist recorded his first win as Rangers manager after his side beat St Johnstone 2-0 in Saturday's lunchtime kick-off.

A first-half header from Steven Naismith and a second-half strike from Nikica Jelavic were enough to give the Ibrox men all three points and put them top of the table for a brief period atleast.
Romanian defender Dorin Goian made his debut for the Glasgow side, replacing captain Davie Weir who was ruled out through injury.
After their midweek loss to Malmo there was pressure on the visitors to start well. Steven Whittaker was the first to test Peter Enckelman, forcing the Finnish stopper to tip the ball over the bar.
However the home side were determined to put on a show on the new, lush McDiarmid Park turf and Callum Davidson forced Allan McGregor into action.
Enckelman made a fantastic save from Jelavic's powerful header after a brilliant cross from Sasa Papac but was unable to prevent Rangers taking the lead.
Lee Wallace's driven free-kick on the half-hour mark found Naismith in space and he directed his header past the Saints stopper.
Naismith then turned provider minutes after the break as Jelavic held off a challenge from Callum Davidson before firing low past Enckelman.
Murray Davidson was the hosts' main threatand he poked a weak shot at McGregor as Derek McInnes' men tried to find a way back into the match.
However it was not to be and the match finished in comfotable fashion as McCoist looks ahead to this week's return tie in Sweden.

RANGERS' fantastic new third kit has been revealed today and goes on sale from this Thursday.

nessnewgerstop.jpg

And fans will be able to see the players wear it for the first time in Saturday's glamour clash with English giants Chelsea.

Lee McCulloch and Jamie Ness have modelled the new strip which is set to be a smash hit with fans following the huge popularity of the home and away kits.

Fans can purchase the new 11/12 Third kit by mail order on 0871 702 1972, online at The Official Rangers Megastore | Rangers Kits, Shirts, Merchandise, Accessories and Gifts and from the JJB Rangers Megastore at Ibrox Stadium.

The stylish new shirt is white and features a navy and chilli red V shaped stripe on the chest. The new top is complimented by navy shorts and white socks with navy and chilli-red banding.

The Adult short sleeve shirt, available in sizes S-XXXL, is £44.99 and the Junior* short sleeve shirt, available in 6-7 - XLB, is £34.99.

*Junior shirts will not feature the Tennent's logo.​

Eurgh. Don't like any of Rangers' kits this year, far worse than last year's, which were actually quite smart.

Eurgh. Don't like any of Rangers' kits this year, far worse than last year's, which were actually quite smart.

I like the home Rangers kit this year, I think the white one is ok but I will need to see it in the flesh before I make any statement about how much I like it, I don't like the away one and I think it's pretty poor how all they've done is change the colour scheme basically for the third kit! Tennents badge looks a little low to me.

I like the home Rangers kit this year, I think the white one is ok but I will need to see it in the flesh before I make any statement about how much I like it, I don't like the away one and I think it's pretty poor how all they've done is change the colour scheme for the third kit! Tennents badge looks a little low to me.

I think the home is horrible, but the away isn't too bad imo.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT... I love the home this year too. The away though? none to impressive.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Malmo v Rangers (agg 1 - 0)
Champions League third qualifying round second leg
Venue: Swedbank StadiumDate: Wednesday, 2 August
Kick-off: 1800 BST

images
VERSUS-Logo-sm.jpg
badge_rangers.png

Rangers travel to Sweden a goal behind after Daniel Larsson's 18th-minute winner at Ibrox last Tuesday.
The Scottish champions had gone into that game with only one competitive game - a 1-1 draw at home to Hearts in the Scottish Premier League - behind them.
They showed an improvement at the weekend, beating St Johnstone 2-0 in Perth to secure their first win under new manager Ally McCoist.
Malmo are midway through their season and travelled to Glasgow buoyed by a 2-2 draw away to Swedish league leaders Helsingborgs.
However, the reigning champions' most recent game, against Djurgardens, was abandoned after only 11 minutes on Saturday after firecrackers were thrown on to the pitch.
That was the second time this season that a match has been halted at the Swedbank Stadium.

Head-to
-head
Last week's first leg, won 1-0 by Malmo, was the first time the two sides have met.

Malmo

Malmo were crowned Swedish champions for the 16th time last year, but they are midway through the present season and are struggling in ninth place in the table.
Although they have two games in hand, they lie 16 points behind leaders Helsingborgs.
Rikard Norling took over as coach in May from Roland Nilsson, who move to Gothenburg.
The 40-year-old is a former midfielder who played alongside Celtic assistant manager Johan Mjallby with Bele, who he subsequently coached before spells in charge of Vasby, Sundsvall, AIK of Stockholm and Assyriska.
Their main threat at Ibrox came through the speed of forwards Wilton Figueiredo and Daniel Larsson.

Rangers
The Ibrox side have never triumphed in a European tie after losing the first leg at home in 55 years of competing at the top level.
The Glasgow outfit will be without the support of their fans in Malmo after Uefa banned them for one match for discriminatory chanting at their Europa League match against PSV Eindhoven last season.
Rangers crashed out of the competition at the same stage to Lithuanians Kaunas in 2008, just months after Walter Smith's side reached the final of the Uefa Cup.
Smith was succeeded this summer as manager by Ally McCoist, the former Rangers and Scotland striker who was his assistant.
McCoist has added winger Juan Martin Ortiz from Almeria and left-back Lee Wallace from Hearts to his squad, but the capture of Dorin Goian from Palermo came too late for the Romania central defender to feature in the first leg.

Yes thats a very productive post well done mate :S

@Bath,Are we not still waiting on the appeal for Goian which may make him eligible ? Going to be a very tough game for us tonight. Hopefully they abandon it and we get put through by default lol. We have the players there to get us through all they need to do is put a bit of heart and effort into it and we have a chance and hope Whittaker and Broadfoot do better if they play.

Team I expect:

Mcgregor
Papac
Goian
Bougherra
Whittaker
Mcculloch
Edu
Ortiz
Davis
Jelavic
Naismith

Subs:

Alexander
Broadfoot
Wallace
Wylde
Hemmings
Fleck
Healy

Most likely going to be the team but we will have to wait and see. Come on the gers.

Last edited:
My prediction: 2-0 Rangers.
Should be able to do enough now that Dorin Goian is in the team.

I don't do predictions so not going to start, I'm Glad Goian has been cleared to play so will change my team sheet.

Last edited: