The Official Rangers Match Thread

Half time in sweden 1-0 up through Jelavic. However Whittaker has been sent off for throwing the ball off a Malmo players shoulder and received a straight Red card and rightly so. Just before half time Lee Mcculloch took out a Malmo player on the half way line and was rightfully booked however Durmaz (or whatever) Kicked out at Mcculloch in retaliation and recieve's no punishment what so ever! I know ref's can't be perfect in every decision but surely some consistancy is needed ? It's not asif he can say he never saw it as he has clearly seen the foul and given that and it happened straight after it.

Rangers looking quite well in the match but will be a very tough second half match for us to get through, Here's hoping.

This a crazy match! Rangers down to 9 - Malmo down to 10!

1-1!

If any of you get me something for Christmas, get me a Malmo top. :)

Very proud of them tonight. Other than the two who got sent off, everybody played their hearts out. Well done Rangers :wub:

1-1!

If any of you get me something for Christmas, get me a Malmo top. :)

I'll get you it, At least then you can wear a top that played in the champions league this year. (Ouch), Owell Ref was a shambles at times however his decision to send off Bougherra and Whittaker where correct although on other occasions Bougherra could have easily got away with a yellow ?

Awell we're still in europe dropping into a playoff for Europa. tbh i'd prefer if we weren't in that either especially if we don't bring in any more players because our squad isn't big enough to compete on all 4 fronts with Mccoist at the helm.

Whittaker this season so far has cost us around £15million possibly + 2 points Vs Hearts and were now without a real right back for what I would imagine the next 3 European matches as a straight red card for violent conduct is a 3 match ban ?

Bougherra in possibly his last game gets sent off when we needed him to be professional.

Last edited:
Bougherra went out with a bang, alright.

Disappointed about the result, as a win would've helped Scottish Football. Maybe they'll do better in the Europa League. Who knows?

Rangers going out doesn't benefit Celtic either in the Europa draw as I believe they will now be an unseeded team in the draw and Rangers take their place as Seeded.

Bougherra went out with a bang, alright.

Disappointed about the result, as a win would've helped Scottish Football. Maybe they'll do better in the Europa League. Who knows?

Mature, more mature than i am. Really hope we can do well in the EL...

I'll get you it, At least then you can wear a top that played in the champions league this year. (Ouch), Owell Ref was a shambles at times however his decision to send off Bougherra and Whittaker where correct although on other occasions Bougherra could have easily got away with a yellow ?

Awell we're still in europe dropping into a playoff for Europa. tbh i'd prefer if we weren't in that either especially if we don't bring in any more players because our squad isn't big enough to compete on all 4 fronts with Mccoist at the helm.

Whittaker this season so far has cost us around £15million possibly + 2 points Vs Hearts and were now without a real right back for what I would imagine the next 3 European matches as a straight red card for violent conduct is a 3 match ban ?

Bougherra in possibly his last game gets sent off when we needed him to be professional.

Ooh, ouch indeed. You didn't play in the Champions League really though. You played in the Champions League Third Qualifying round. And lost. To Malmo. At home. (ouch)

Seriously, both of the OF will qualify for the EL groups, then get eliminated there. Let's face it - outside Scotland, we're pish.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Rangers going out doesn't benefit Celtic either in the Europa draw as I believe they will now be an unseeded team in the draw and Rangers take their place as Seeded.

And this, in turn, will cause the 'conspiracy' pish to rise to the surface again. ¬_¬

Ooh, ouch indeed. You didn't play in the Champions League really though. You played in the Champions League Third Qualifying round. And lost. To Malmo. At home. (ouch)

Seriously, both of the OF will qualify for the EL groups, then get eliminated there. Let's face it - outside Scotland, we're pish.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

And this, in turn, will cause the 'conspiracy' pish to rise to the surface again. ¬_¬

Agreed mate Scottish football is in a decline due the lack of funding we receive, Nothing we can do though except take part. And I don't see why the conspiracy can rise again because it's not the SFA who choose this it's UEFA and will just prove how pathetic and paranoid Celtic are if it does because really if you look over the previous seasons Celtic don't deserve to be a seeded team because they've barely been in the competition over the past few years where as Rangers have took a good part in it over the last 3 years.

Agreed mate Scottish football is in a decline due the lack of funding we receive, Nothing we can do though except take part. And I don't see why the conspiracy can rise again because it's not the SFA who choose this it's UEFA and will just prove how pathetic and paranoid Celtic are if it does because really if you look over the previous seasons Celtic don't deserve to be a seeded team because they've barely been in the competition over the past few years where as Rangers have took a good part in it over the last 3 years.

It probs wouldn't have been as bad as this if we had accepted Sky's deal over Setanta's a few years back. I'd disagree with the last bit though, because we weren't in it last year but we got to the groups the year before and were in the CL last 16 in consecutive years beforehand.

It probs wouldn't have been as bad as this if we had accepted Sky's deal over Setanta's a few years back. I'd disagree with the last bit though, because we weren't in it last year but we got to the groups the year before and were in the CL last 16 in consecutive years beforehand.

Yeah but because our rankings have went down then it limits the amount of seeded teams we have and over recent years Rangers have been in the competition longest, Plus coming down from the champions league entitles us to the Seeded place more than Celtic. But the conspiracy part can't be used anyway as it is Uefa anyway and we have been more punished by Uefa than anything.

Yeah but because our rankings have went down then it limits the amount of seeded teams we have and over recent years Rangers have been in the competition longest, Plus coming down from the champions league entitles us to the Seeded place more than Celtic. But the conspiracy part can't be used anyway as it is Uefa anyway and we have been more punished by Uefa than anything.

Yeah, but these morons would make out it is a European wide conspiracy and the SFA are in on it or some tosh like that. ¬_¬

One again Steven Whittaker has to take a big portion of the blame. How long before McCoist drops him? Seriously?

He was at fault for the goals against Hearts & Malmo (last week) had a mare against St Johnstone and now this? Bombscare.

One again Steven Whittaker has to take a big portion of the blame. How long before McCoist drops him? Seriously?

He was at fault for the goals against Hearts & Malmo (last week) had a mare against St Johnstone and now this? Bombscare.

Agreed Kris he's been dreadful this season, I'm one of the biggest critics of Maurice Edu but he played superb in the right back slot and at this moment I would play him over Whittaker there.

Let me think like McCoist for a second.

'Someone has to play at right-back, and we have a right back on the field (Juanma Ortiz). I also have someone to fill in on the left-wing (Gregg Wylde). Instead i will risk major criticism for the most bullied player in the squad (Mo Edu) by putting him at right-back and keep putting pressure on Juanma Ortiz by playing him out of position. Excellent.'

There, that must have been the thoughts of the man in the big job. I am patient and each Rangers managers should be given at least 2 seasons, but this makes no sense. Ally should sit down with the players, ask them how they feel at the moment and then move the formation to play on from their. Both Ortiz and Edu should feel aggrieved with that chain of thoughts last night and things like this should be communicated to the manager. Thanks if you read through this without falling asleep :)

Aw gotta love the Celtic fans on this, when was the last time you lot actually seen through a tie in Europe ? We'll win in Malmo, simply because we cannot play any worse, and they are a very very average side. Worth noting despite how awful we were tonight, that if Naismith could hit the ball in a straight line from 6 yards out, and if Whittaker hadn't made that error, we would've won comfortably.

How bout them apples ;)