The Official Rangers Match Thread

Kyle Bartley joins you on a season long loan.

Hope he does well !

Still so certain we wont win the league Calum :p
Only kidding, but he is an exceptional talent and will go back to Arsenal a better player!

Take care of Kyle, or I'll come after you with a pitchfork.

How bout them apples ;)

I blame Whittaker, that was the most ***** and retarded sending off i've ever seen, though he deserved it. We were comfortable before then as well :S And glad to have Bartley back, though in all honesty, suprised Arsenal aren't keeping him, reckon he could do a job there...

I blame Whittaker, that was the most ***** and retarded sending off i've ever seen, though he deserved it. We were comfortable before then as well :S And glad to have Bartley back, though in all honesty, suprised Arsenal aren't keeping him, reckon he could do a job there...

Because we need experience and he wants FT football. Benefits everyone - Rangers love him, he loves them, Arsenal get to invest in experience for next season without forcing Bartley into the reserves ;)

Because we need experience and he wants FT football. Benefits everyone - Rangers love him, he loves them, Arsenal get to invest in experience for next season without forcing Bartley into the reserves ;)

A fair point, though I think he compliments Vermaelen quite well, i can't say i see enough of Arsenal to judge to deeply :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Heard Kyle Bartley, Rhys Murphy and Odonker to play against Chelsea on Sunday.

And as an afterthought, if we can get him back to his pre-injury form, and if he has retained any of his pace, then we have netted ourselves a bargain.

A fair point, though I think he compliments Vermaelen quite well, i can't say i see enough of Arsenal to judge to deeply :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

And as an afterthought, if we can get him back to his pre-injury form, and if he has retained any of his pace, then we have netted ourselves a bargain.

Yeah, but not winning anything in 6 years sort of means we have our hands tied. We need an experienced CB, Bartley much better off going on loan to 'Gers.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Heard Kyle Bartley, Rhys Murphy and Ondonker to play against Chelsea on Sunday.

Have you got a link to that?

So glad we got Bartley back, Need some more signings though pronto! Looking more and more like Bougherra is out the door aswell so. Not so sure about Rhys Murphy to be honest, Is he a proven goalscorer at all ?

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Possible Opponents For Gers | Headlines | Headlines | News | Rangers

RANGERS are facing a trip to Eastern Europe in their bid to reach the group phase off the Europa League after the draw sections were revealed by UEFA.

The 76 teams in the Play-off round have been slotted into four sections of 10 and three sections of 12, split into seeds and non-seeds.

Rangers have been drawn in Pot 4 and will face one of the following: Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (UKR), PFC CSKA Sofia (BUL), FC Nordsjælland (DEN) , NK Maribor (SVN) and FC Spartak Trnava (SVK).

Sofia will bring back bitter memories for Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant as CSKA knocked Rangers out of the of the Champions League in 1993 when Nikolai Todorov scored a last minute goal in the Bulgarian capital for Levski.

Rangers have faced NK Maribor before winning 3-1 and 3-0 against the Slovenians in 2001 when **** Advocaat was in charge.

Danes FC Nordsjaelland knocked Queen of the South out of the UEFA Cup in 2008 and qualified this year by virtue of winning the Danish Cup.

Ukranians Dnipro have faced Scottish opponents three times, losing to Hearts, defeating Hibs and then being knocked out by Aberdeen four years ago.

Spartak Trnava from Slovakia have come right through the qualifying system defeating Zeta in round 1, Tirana in round 2 and then Levskia Sofia in round 3.

The draw takes place at 12.30 today UK time.

The Danes are the only ones you could want. Not as good as us, but the location could be a worry.

After going out against Malmo I don't think we can say any team aren't as good as us lol.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Rangers draw Maribor, Hearts have been handed a tie against Tottenham :p.

Shouldn't be difficult, but wont be easy.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

I dont think we should be playing Chelsea tomorrow. More for money than anything else me thinks.

Playing Chelsea because Celtic played in the Dublin cup. So there's no catch up games.

bare in mind the season started early than normal aswell though, It won't happen next year.

Poor game today... the young ones did okay, but the weaknesses of Edu and Broadfoot were very evident.

Wasn't at the game because I hate Chelsea and saving up my money :p Good to hear Jelavic scored but didn't expect much afterall we didn't have Sebo.